VCR Clue On DVD?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

jadeblatz
Suspect

VCR Clue On DVD?

Post by jadeblatz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello,

With winning moves re-releasing Clue Master Detective last year, I think it would be great if they would consider re-releasing VCR Clue and VCR Clue II on DVD. I know you can find the video on youtube but it would be neat to get the whole game along with a remastered video. What does everyone think is their a way to get this done?

Thanks,

Jade

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: VCR Clue On DVD?

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:37 pm

Start an online petition for Hasbro?

If not shot on Video, it was probably edited on video, so the quality will always be pretty low compared to a modern HD project. As a result the cost to remaster it and reissue the game might not be worth it for those who would buy it. It's unclear if the actors would receive royalties or not, but that could be another expense.

If Hasbro were to revisit the concept, it seems like they might re-cast and update the production quality all around, probably with a younger cast too. I'd be curious to see them re-use the artwork for it in a more traditional game, but then again, it wouldn't evoke the same nostalgia which is where the old artwork would have appeal.

Worth a shot though!

PrinceAlarming
Snoop

Re: VCR Clue On DVD?

Post by PrinceAlarming » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:06 am

Unfortunately I doubt Hasbro would re-release them on DVD format. I think your best bet would be to get physical copies of the 2 games with cassette tapes in good condition and have the footage transferred onto DVD for personal use. But if you think you can get enough signatures for it then it's worth trying to start an online petition. I signed one years ago to get the full series of Gravity Falls released on DVD after Alex Hirsch said it wasn't likely to happen, and now here we are with the series on DVD with a copy in my collection.