Super Sleuth PBEM

Check here for Clue shows, groups, online game playing and more.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Super Sleuth PBEM

Post by Lord Caspen » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:26 am

Hey, there! I thought, with the recent addition of Cluedo Super Sleuth to my arsenal of Clue paraphrenalia, I might try to GM a game via this board. I admit, I'll need some help working out how to post pictures of the gameboard, as it develops, but I could post here updates of what everyone sees, and PM each player what his or her cards are, post openly what the die rolls are, I'd hold the solution, and I'd arbitrate on the rules.

If anyone's interested, I'd ask that you say so here in a post, and order the six suspects you'd like to be in order from most to least, keeping in mind this would be a first come-first serve basis. The more involved you can be, posting stuff in character, the better. Colored text would be a plus.

Ideas, suggestions? Anyone interested? The game wouldn't start until at least twenty-four hours after we've got four players, and then we'd vote to start with just the four, and I would not count as a player.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:24 pm

I'll play, and I don't really care who I am.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:03 pm

I'll play. Doesn't super sleuth have additional characters, though. What about them?

I'll take Professor Plum (or then Mrs. White or Mr. Green).
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Excellent

Post by Lord Caspen » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:09 pm

Thanks, guys!

Actually, no, there are no additional characters. Master Detective, yes, and the Super Challenge (or something-else Challenge). The first one's got Brunette, Rose, Gray, and Peach ... and the Super Challenge-or-whatsoever has Brown, Peach, and Slate-Gray. Super Sleuth's just the regular six.

Thanks, guys, again. We just need two other players, at least, and if you guys know a quick-and-dirty way I can upload some kind of pictures so you can see what the board looks like and which characters are where, I'd really appreciate that knowledge. I think it'd help the atmosphere a bit.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:44 pm

I'll be Peacock.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:59 pm

I'll be the blonde in the red dress
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:11 pm

Just goes to show that I've never actually played the game, myself!!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:11 pm

me either :lol: I've only played like half or played with myself but never a full game :roll:
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Rules

Post by Lord Caspen » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:12 pm

Oh! Very cool. Shortly, I'll post a link to the webpage with the rules for this game, and then any questions I'll be more than happy to field. It looks like we've got four players so far. If anyone wants to go ahead and start with just four, PM me, and by this time tomorrow if more people want to go than don't or haven't replied, then we'll go.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Never mind

Post by Lord Caspen » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:32 pm

Apparently, all I can really do is direct you to the CluedoFan website, whose address is www.cluedofan.com, and in the menu-bar at the left of the screen you should be able to find a section devoted to links just for the rules of some several Clue games, including Cluedo Super Sleuth.