logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clue the Musical - Northwest Indiana Sept. 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael
Mastermind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Clue the Musical - Northwest Indiana Sept. 2005 Reply with quote

"Clue: the musical" - September 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 24, 25, 2005

http://www.nwindianatheatre.org/theatres/mtc.html
ClueBoy12
Informant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, thats not that far from me!
i should go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Informant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going the 18th, its my b-day!
Forensics Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be fun. Smile

Clue the musical never plays in Denver. I wonder why. Confused
ClueBoy12
Informant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was very good! Scarlet was hilarious, tho she was blonde..grrr but it was because they were supposed to be the '63 characters, as the theatre was decorated accordingly. The only thing that made me mad was the detective, she was stupid, blah. but otherwise i liked it!
Informant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and my favorite line was
Detective: Or was it Scarlet in the study with the rope?
Scarlet: Whats the study?
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClueBoy12 wrote:
Oh and my favorite line was
Detective: Or was it Scarlet in the study with the rope?
Scarlet: Whats the study?

I swear, the performance script and the persual script are so different! That line is nowhere in the script purchased through Samuel French, and I remember lines and songs from when I first saw it that aren't in there either!

Grr...why can't Sam French just sell the most recent copy as the persual instead of the original off-Broadway libretto?
ClueBoy12
Informant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait do you have sheet music for the show? becuase i have to write a report on the show for my fine arts class, and if you have a scanner, could you email me some scans, because i would really like to rehear the music before writing a report and no dang cast recording makes that hard to do!
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had the sheet music. All I have is the libretto.

I might be able to get my hands on the sheet music, though. Just give me a while. A local high school did it not too long ago, and they might still have their piano score.
ClueBoy12
Informant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, well my paper is due friday, and i was hoping to do most of it tomorrow or wensday so let me know!
"Master Detective is creepy!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what the play is about, could you give us a plot summary, what the songs were like, who did it, etc?
ClueBoy12
Informant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alwayspeacock, or anyone else who's seen the show do you think you could help me with these:

What country did the music orginate? When was it created?
Created by who,for who, for what occasion? (Was it commissioned? by who?)
Identify the style or genre, and musical time period.

(I'm using "The Game" as the song i'm analizing)

Thanks!
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a link on Paul's site to hear MIDIs of the songs. I'd check them out. The music isn't classic Broadway score (Sound of Music, My fair Lady, etc...) but not as modern as some shows (Rent, Chicago, Phantom). It's more like Wicked, contemprary with influences from various styles like tango. The musical and it's score originated in the US, that's all I can help with its history. According to the libretto, the book and lyrics are copyrighted 1993, 1997, and 1998. I can only assum the music would have similar dates.

Good luck. Try finding a demo of a software that can turn MIDIs into sheetmusic. Hope this helps.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niteshade007 wrote:
I have no idea what the play is about, could you give us a plot summary, what the songs were like, who did it, etc?

I posted something like that a long time ago. Look for threads about thge musical. I posted a nice long summary.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.samuelfrench.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/2673?osCsid=858f932b2956ba0a488fa2b0e77e4a4e

That's Samuel French's page about it. Not very informative to the general public, but very informative if you plan on doing the show (LEGALLY).
ClueBoy12
Informant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know who the composer is and/or anything about him/her?
Diplomatically Immune

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Basically:

The characters act as if they are being played in a board game. The stage is a Clue board with revolving towers to represent the 6 rooms. the library, dining room, and hall are not included. The characters introduce themselves along with Mr. Boddy, and we know right off the bat that a murder will occur. Three audience members come up and select the cards to go into the envelope. The scene shifts to the Kitchen, where mrs. white is tenderizing the meat with a lead pipe. She wants to discuss her wges with Boddy, but he reminds her of the time he got her son off death-row for a hefty sum. The scene shifts to the Billiard room, where mr. Green is playing some billiards by the dim light of the candlestick. Voddy inquires as to wheather or not Green recieved a deposit on an account he and Boddy are working on, and Green says no. Boddy knows this to be a lie, as he spoke to the investor two days earlier and has found that Green's bank account is 1/2 a million $ fatter than it was, a fact Green atributes to the death of an aunt. Boddy threatens Green who threatens Boddy. The scene shifts to the Ballroom, where Mrs. Peacock is gazing out a window. Colonel Mustard sneaks up behind her and puts his hands over her eyes. She figures out it is him, and they are soon locking lips. They decide to play a game of "The Storming of Normandy" which is a screwed up version of twister. Mustard's plastic vertabre stick, and Peacock conspicuously pulls him out of an awkward position. Boddy throws a revolver into the room, and Mustard says it is to be prepared for an enemy attack. Peacock locks lips with Mustard and Boddy enters. He tells Mustard to leave for smooching on his wife. (Peacock is Boddy's wife in this). Mustard storms out and Peacock decides to go talk to the plants. The scene shifts to the Lounge, where Miss Scarlet is mixing a fancy (c o c k t a i l). Green enters and tries to hit on her. She resists, until he reveals that he is really "Squeegy Sangilooni" who paid the judges of the "Miss Nuclear Waste" pagent so that "Scarletta Vermicelli" would win. They have a moment, and we learn that Scarlet and Boddy were engaged, but he didn't follow through. They discover a pipe and a wrench in the bar, and assume it is for plumbing repairs. The scene shifts to the Study, where Professor Plum is tying a rope into a noose. Mrs. White enters and realizes that the rope used to be her clothes line. Plum corrects her poor grammar, which only confuses her more. We discover that Plum ghost-authored a book for Boddy, and that he has not been paid. White announces that dinner will be soon and leaves. The scene shifts to the Conservatory, where Mrs. Peacock is talking to the plants and playing with a candlestick. Boddy wants to talk about her incident with Mustard, but she threatens him with the candlestick and he backs off. The scene then shifts to a waltz between the guests. After the dance, Boddy reveals to them that he knows that they all want to kill him...and that he will cooperate. The guests are somewhat shocked, but they all raose their glasses in a toast "to success." Boddy begins a song as they all leave, but is stopped when the pianist hits a sour note. The pianists reveals that a key is broken, and Boddy tells him to play around it. At the dramitc, and comic conclusion of Act 1, the suspects chase Boddy through the house, eventually ganging up around him, which leads to a blackout. When the lights come back up, the suspects are all holding a different weapon and standing in a different spot. Boddy lies dead on the floor.

Act 2 later.

ClueBoy12
Informant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClueBoy12 wrote:
Does anyone know who the composer is and/or anything about him/her?
Anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Gatherings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: