logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alien Clue Concept Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Alien Clue Concept Game Reply with quote

I love this idea for a franchise tie-in.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really love this. I wonder what the penalty would be when the Xenomorph strikes.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is brilliant! Where did you happen upon this little nugget?
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://ivewhiz.deviantart.com/gallery/

I find the board artwork particularly well thought out. USAopoly could learn a thing or two from this artist.

PeachFreak wrote:
I actually really love this. I wonder what the penalty would be when the Xenomorph strikes.

One has to assume the xenomorph kills whomever it attacks, and eliminates them from the game a la the clock cards in DTS. Since it appears the xenomorph appears in a room by a dice roll, I suppose it kills everyone in the room. Of course it could also be a less serious encounter and merely result in the loss of a turn.

I'm not exactly sure how the dice work or what prompts them to be rolled. There's no spaces on the board, so maybe specific doubles, or some other mechanism? There are two xenomorph dice, which presumably accounts for the nine sides required to specify one of the nine rooms. That leaves three sides which are either duplicates, or some other special instruction (like canceling the attack). But there are also two dice, with different rooms, so what happens when two different rooms are rolled? Does the roller get to chose? Or is only one die rolled, and if so, how does one choose which to roll? Perhaps the dice have to turn up only one room, and one null space in order to invoke an attack? That would certainly reduce the carnage during the course of one game, otherwise two rooms would cancel each other out. For the purposes of the alien, maybe they include the center "cellar" space as well, accounting for a balanced 10 locations, and two null spaces.

Maybe the dice are a choice during a turn, in order to get the xenomorph out of a room. If the xenomorph remains in a room until moved, then obviously a player cannot enter that room without being killed or losing a turn. So rolling the dice moves the xenomorph so that a player can get into a room to make a guess. That's actually not a bad addition to game play -- imagine a CLUE movie game where the guard dogs serve the same purpose. But rolling the dice means strategizing such that a player is not in any room thus risking themselves. And of course if a player rolls the dice when any other player is in a room, they risk a revenge roll later when they're in a room, unless it's truly randomized somehow.

I'd love to know how the artist was thinking this mechanism would work, it's obviously well thought out with the room symbols.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: