Bobs Burgers getting the Clue Treatment

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ragstorichesfan
Suspect

Bobs Burgers getting the Clue Treatment

Post by ragstorichesfan » Sun May 06, 2018 11:37 am

USAopoly has pre-orders up for 2 new Clue Games this summer. Bob's Burgers and Five Nights at Freddy's. According to the site July and August are the tentative release dates.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: Bobs Burgers getting the Clue Treatment

Post by Murder by Death » Sun May 06, 2018 12:45 pm

ragstorichesfan wrote:USAopoly has pre-orders up for 2 new Clue Games this summer. Bob's Burgers and Five Nights at Freddy's. According to the site July and August are the tentative release dates.
Ugh. I just can't get into Bob's Burgers. I have no idea what Five Nights at Freddy's is.

I wonder if the new games will use the previous 2011/13 mansion layout, or if they will go back to the current traditional layout.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sun May 06, 2018 10:13 pm

Bob's Burgers should make for a fun licenced edition. Not too different in spirit from the Simpsons editions, though I doubt this one will be as detailed as those were (none of these recent themed games have been, imo)

Five Nights at Freddy's is a horror video game series, the basic premise being a Chuck-e-Cheese type restaurant is plagued by a tragic history involving the death of a child, and now the animatronic animal characters are all possessed by some vague, evil energy & they kill people.

No idea HOW a FNAF Clue game will work, but it should sell well enough given the series' popularity.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Mon May 07, 2018 1:07 pm

alwaysPeacock wrote:Bob's Burgers should make for a fun licenced edition. Not too different in spirit from the Simpsons editions, though I doubt this one will be as detailed as those were (none of these recent themed games have been, imo)

Five Nights at Freddy's is a horror video game series, the basic premise being a Chuck-e-Cheese type restaurant is plagued by a tragic history involving the death of a child, and now the animatronic animal characters are all possessed by some vague, evil energy & they kill people.

No idea HOW a FNAF Clue game will work, but it should sell well enough given the series' popularity.
Huh. Interesting. FNAF sounds absolutely horrible. Oh well to each his own I guess. Murder is murder I guess. I guess it's only a matter of time until indiscriminate licensing gets us the Clue: SAW edition.

I don't see Bob's the same as Simpsons. Family Guy is more like the Simpsons, and even that Clue game was a major disappointment, underdeveloped and failed to capitalize on fan favorite aspects of that game. So you're probably right that Bob's will likely be underwhelming as well.

What's interesting here, is that I was told by a marketing executive that USAopoly approaches the licensors about developing a game on a franchise that might sell well. And it's they who develop the game, not the copyright owners. So it seems in some cases USAopoly is simply doing a half-assed job, especially where the IP owners don't really get involved.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Coming soon.

The most interesting aspect of this to me is that they’re using the old 70s logo branding — and indeed posing like the 1972 edition box cover.

At least there’s still a Mrs. White color. And they’ve gone back to the classic mansion design like the current standard edition, but also the 1970s branding. Maybe this is the way Hasbro intends to license franchise themed editions. Or maybe this is a one-off, and they still intend to more closely align it to the Orchid edition.

It’s a little disappointing that there’s both Stairs and a Hallway, and no Bob’s Burger restaurant as a location. That’s almost as bad as not having a Moe’s Tavern in the Simpsons edition.

http://usaopoly.com/games/clue-bobs-burgers
WHO killed “Ned Boddy� at Linda Belcher’s dinner party, WHAT weapon they left at the scene of the crime, and WHICH room of the Belcher apartment they did it in.

Last edited by Murder by Death on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:13 pm

This is probably one of the best Clue spin-offs I've seen in a long time. Judging by the cover, of course.

The pieces look somewhat ho-hum. I wonder if the weapons will be pewter, or cardboard busts too. Though the illustrations imply they will, I will await to see.

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:41 am

OMG! My body is ready!
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Snoop

Re: Bobs Burgers getting the Clue Treatment

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:33 pm

here is the FNAF clue. https://www.amazon.com/USAopoly-Freddys ... y%27s+clue

I'm excited for Bob's burgers because it goes with the classic licenced characters as the Clue suspects. FNAF clue does work cuz the robots try to kill the security guard in the games. But i'm disappointed in what colors they picked everyone for. It's meh for the Copy/paste style that most licenced Clue games are now a days. I do like that it's only characters in fnaf2 tough. and not every game. Wouldn't make since that way.