VCR game question.

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

chaosemerald
Spy

VCR game question.

Post by chaosemerald » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Hello there artofmurder, long time no post.

I recently purchased an interesting bundle of games on eBay, the Vcr game and FX, the seller managed to fit the vcr game components in the FX box, that is except for one crucial piece, the tape, but I know they've got it, and I'm sure they'll ship it to me.

My big problem, is that Its missing one clue card, and one investigation card, and I'm somewhat expecting the seller isn't going to have them. So what I'd like to know, is if the game can be played without them, or do I need to get replacements? Thank you.
Last edited by chaosemerald on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 pm

You can definitely still play the VCR games if you're missing one/two cards. I've never played a game where we, the players, had to use the entire deck of cards in a single game (but I've also never played with more than three or four players at a time, so I don't know how it would affect things if you played with a full party of 10).
"But look what happened to the cook!"

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:10 pm

You could always watch it on youtube, and have the option to pause and forward to certain scenes with a lot more ease.

chaosemerald
Spy

Post by chaosemerald » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:37 pm

alwaysPeacock wrote:You can definitely still play the VCR games if you're missing one/two cards. I've never played a game where we, the players, had to use the entire deck of cards in a single game (but I've also never played with more than three or four players at a time, so I don't know how it would affect things if you played with a full party of 10).

Cool, I'll probably only ever have five at the most.

CluedoKid wrote: You could always watch it on youtube, and have the option to pause and forward to certain scenes with a lot more ease.

Yeah, I knew it was on YouTube, so I wasn't to worried about that, well expect for getting what I paid for that is.

Thank you both. :)

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:15 pm

If you end up deciding you want a full deck just for the sake of having a complete game, send me a PM. I've got spare sets for both VCR games, and would happily send you whichever color deck you need.

I may even have a spare tape, but I'm 90% certain it's the Betamax version...so probably useless unless you happen to have a working Betamax player lying around.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

chaosemerald
Spy

Post by chaosemerald » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:08 am

alwaysPeacock wrote:If you end up deciding you want a full deck just for the sake of having a complete game, send me a PM. I've got spare sets for both VCR games, and would happily send you whichever color deck you need.
Thanks, that's good to know.
alwaysPeacock wrote:I may even have a spare tape, but I'm 90% certain it's the Betamax version...so probably useless unless you happen to have a working Betamax player lying around.
I do not have a Betamax player, but the seller is sending the tape, so thats all taken care of.