2 "International" Cluedos on eBay UK

Looking to buy, sell or trade something Clue/Cluedo. Check here.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

2 "International" Cluedos on eBay UK

Post by alwaysPeacock » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:09 am

As much as I'd like to have one of these in my own collection, I'm not presently at liberty to spend more money on eBay Cluedo goodies. So, for your perusal, two versions of the "International" Cluedo game (listed on the main TAoM site under Cluedo Games as "International Edition 1970"). It's "international" because the rules are in multiple languages, but the game is, otherwise, a typical Waddington's Cluedo set in a nifty box.

First, this one, which matches the one Michael has on the site. Notice the color of the box, and the very nicely divided storage compartments inside the box. Also the classic shape to the suspect pawns, and the rules booklet with a design tying it in with the box art.

Second, a slightly different take, this time featuring a loud purple box with more branding symbols/logos, and a less elaborate storage tray inside the box. The photos show a standard Cluedo instructions booklet (instead of the one with a nice cover, like the other version). The suspect pawns are also clearly cheaper, thinner plastic pieces (instead of the typical short, Halma style pawns).

Hope someone here can add one/both of these to their shelves. I've never seen these pop up on eBay before, so I'm assuming they don't turn up too often.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: 2 "International" Cluedos on eBay UK

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:18 pm

alwaysPeacock wrote:As much as I'd like to have one of these in my own collection, I'm not presently at liberty to spend more money on eBay Cluedo goodies. So, for your perusal, two versions of the "International" Cluedo game (listed on the main TAoM site under Cluedo Games as "International Edition 1970"). It's "international" because the rules are in multiple languages, but the game is, otherwise, a typical Waddington's Cluedo set in a nifty box.

First, this one, which matches the one Michael has on the site. Notice the color of the box, and the very nicely divided storage compartments inside the box. Also the classic shape to the suspect pawns, and the rules booklet with a design tying it in with the box art.

Second, a slightly different take, this time featuring a loud purple box with more branding symbols/logos, and a less elaborate storage tray inside the box. The photos show a standard Cluedo instructions booklet (instead of the one with a nice cover, like the other version). The suspect pawns are also clearly cheaper, thinner plastic pieces (instead of the typical short, Halma style pawns).

Hope someone here can add one/both of these to their shelves. I've never seen these pop up on eBay before, so I'm assuming they don't turn up too often.
The second purple one is the South African version. This also appears to be the 2nd UK edition with bare metal tokens, rather than the first edition painted ones. I believe the white instruction booklet indicates that as well, instead of the red one.