logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rick and Morty Clue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Rick and Morty Clue Reply with quote

http://usaopoly.com/games/clue-rick-and-morty

cacums
Ringer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Ricky and Morty Monopoly, so I'll be sure to get this!
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a number of friends who would enjoy this one (I'm only a very occasional, if it's on while I'm channel surfing I'll watch it, kind of viewer). I'm pretty impressed with the sculpted character pieces. Much better than the cardboard tabs most of these themed editions use.

Bit odd, though, while Hasbro has reverted to (mostly) the classic game, all of these themed editions seem to be mashups of the 2009 & 2013 game rules & structure. I wonder if USAopoly gets to pick & choose for each new version they churn out, or if Hasbro has specifically licensed only that format for the template.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
I have a number of friends who would enjoy this one (I'm only a very occasional, if it's on while I'm channel surfing I'll watch it, kind of viewer). I'm pretty impressed with the sculpted character pieces. Much better than the cardboard tabs most of these themed editions use.

Bit odd, though, while Hasbro has reverted to (mostly) the classic game, all of these themed editions seem to be mashups of the 2009 & 2013 game rules & structure. I wonder if USAopoly gets to pick & choose for each new version they churn out, or if Hasbro has specifically licensed only that format for the template.

I think the point is, that's what they have a license to. When DTS was the top line game format, there seemed to be a great push to bring all the custom game makers up to date using the DTS licensed format. Then the same thing happened with the 2013 layout. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to licensing the new format, which is essentially the classic format. They've obviously also been given licenses to adapt the classic format for themed editions as well. I'd say that this new game uses the old format because it was likely in development before the new Orchid edition was released.

The one thing they do not seem to have the ability to do is reissue any version from the past they want, but are rather restricted to the licensed artwork they have been given license to. Considering that they are already making themed games in the classic format, I expect there might be a return to that format to align with the new top line edition. The sole restriction is that they don't seem to be able to make new versions of the classic game with the original characters -- that seems to exist in the sole purview of Hasbro.

I have to say, I'm a little confused by this game board layout. While it appears to use the 2013 format, there appears to be a passage between the bathroom space and the study space, which never existed before. Perhaps this is in lieu of the dining room to kitchen passage, which didn't make sense with the locations? Still it's interesting to see an alteration like this. I also have a problem with these kinds of boards in general, where the boundaries between the locations are sort of vague. Maybe it's less confusing in person?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: