logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You_been_banned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: You_been_banned Reply with quote

Anybody understand why I'm seeing this on my wifi devices? My cellphone using LTE is fine.

Michael
Mastermind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea... I really need to update the software for the forum. Maybe that will help.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try resetting my wifi and get assigned a new IP number ... maybe I was inadvertently assigned one associated with spamming activity or something. I can't imagine any other reason. I might try the same devices on different wifi first, just to see.

EDIT: It appears to be IP related, as the same devices log in fine on other wifi.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So strange. I restarted my router and was assigned a new IP address and it worked fine for the last two days. As of this morning, I'm back to "You_been_banned". I'm sure if I reset the router again it'll be fine but what a pain. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue which is keeping them off forums, or if it's just me?
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had this issue, but sometimes I'll try to post through the mobile version of Chrome & I'll get an "Invalid Session" message. Logging out & in again doesn't seem to help, so I've just taken to using a different browser whenever I want to check the forums on mobile.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I hadn't thought about the browser being the problem until you mentioned that. So I logged in using the Puffin browser, and everything is working perfectly.

So while I know the IP address is an issue as I can reset it and it will operate properly using the Safari Browser for a few days, now I know that it's related to the Safari browser under iOS and not exclusive the IP address itself. Very odd.

Even more perplexing is this doesn't appear to be the case on the Mac. Both Firefox or Chrome give the same "banned" screen. There is no Puffin browser for PCs. I'll have to download and try mobile versions of Chrome and Firefox to see if it's something special about Puffin, which may actually as I believe it operates as VPN which allows it to play some Flash content on iOS (and the reason I have it). In which case this makes the issue entirely IP related.

Just downloaded and checked using Chrome, and got "banned". So this problem is strictly an IP issue which Puffin bypasses by masking my IP and submitting its own.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, after the recent period where TAOM went offline, this problem fixed itself. We're there any significant changes to the server?
Michael
Mastermind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tum updated some things... it's a bit beyond me. Wink
BBP
Private Eye

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

Since the fix I keep getting "invalid session" errors when I try to post things... even when I tried to log out...
BBP
Private Eye

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Help phase 3 Reply with quote

Trying again in a different browser... de-blocking the cookies from Ajax.cloudflare.com didn't help much, so it seems...
BBP
Private Eye

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it took 3 times in this browser, kept getting the Invalid Session error, but it didn't log me out when it finally posted...
Michael
Mastermind

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having issues too where it takes several submissions before posting. I thought it might have just been me. I will have Tum look into it.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to know its not just me. Safari browser doesn't work at all on my Mac. Firefox works sometimes, as does Chrome. Even Puffin doesn't work this time and it's a VPN. Safari does work after repeated attempts on my iPad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: