logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clue on Carnival Cruises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Sterling Silver
Private Eye

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Clue on Carnival Cruises Reply with quote

Apparently, you can play a game of Clue on certain Carnival Cruise Line ships.

The game uses the six traditional suspects and weapons with six shipboard locations: Library, Lido Deck, Promenade, Crew Training Center, Security Office and Cabin. There also is an original character, Officer Ocean, whom I surmise functions somewhat like Inspector Brown. Here is a description:

https://www.carnival.com/onboard/clue-the-murder-mystery

and here are the cards:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/37642533/Carnival-Cruise-Lines-Clue-Cards
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun idea! If I ever get to go on a cruise, I'll have to see if this is still a thing.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'd love to know how this game works. I've taken a couple of cruises and there's absolutely a need for a game like this to fill the time.

Can't say the Crew Training Center seems like the most appropriate location for such a classic game concept though. And with that -- why even License Clue? Murder mystery dinners and events are held all the time which draw on the Clue concepts, without actually licensing The Clue brand, and are just as effective. That said, since they are licensing the Clue brand, why would Hasbro license Mrs. white, rather than Dr. Orchid, who is the current marketing priority for the company? Do we think this has been a staple of the Carnival line since before the Orchid edition?
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be they don't intend to fully do away with White, or the Carnival Clue thing is an off-shoot separate from Hasbro. Or for a more commercial reason, Mrs. White is more recognizable and marketable for an older crowd. Think, "Who the heck is Dr. Orchid? Where is Mrs. White?"
Private Eye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug up a little more information on this, from a London Travel Agency's Facebook page:

"Can you figure out whodunit? All the suspects, alibis and intrigue of the classic Hasbro game come to life with your Cruise Director and the Fun Squad! Cluedo (known as Clue in North America) is a voyage long, memorable and fun-filled experience that allows you to be the detective in finding whodunit!

"Clue/Cluedo will have two main events and Clue Reveals throughout the cruise. The event will start with The Murder Mystery in the main lounge, complete with costumes, larger than life props, videos and scripted performances. There will be activities throughout the cruise for you to gain clues. The final experience will be at The Reveal – bring your raffle ticket with the name of the murderer and find out if you solved this murder mystery on the high seas!

"Hasbro’s Clue/Cluedo is currently on the Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Legend, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor and Carnival Vista and will be rolled out to more ships this year with cruise durations, six days and longer"

I also found a reference to a former cruise director's Facebook page on which he had posted a photo of himself "in character" as Officer Ocean. His page is now defunct so I couldn't actually see the photo.
Mastermind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost count how many cruises I've been on. We steadfastly refuse to try Carnival, though. Now I'm conflicted... Sad
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not much, but I found this little glimps of the live show part of this cruise ship Clue on Instagram. I'd love to get my hands on whatever Hasbro gave them to get such a large logo for the backdrop/video segments. Maybe I want a big Clue logo for my wall...
MrGreenJeans
Slueth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s some extended video of the show from a lady’s v log. It doesn’t spoil the solution, though it does rule a couple elements out towards the end.

Looks like a mix of audience interaction, clues around the ship, and video vignettes.

https://youtu.be/6fI9XOn4cwk

Last edited by MrGreenJeans on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the link posted, Jeans. Try again?
MrGreenJeans
Slueth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
I don't think the link posted, Jeans. Try again?

Edited and fixed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: