logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Clue app for iOS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they change some of the classic arrest poses? Miss Scarlett's looks different.
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only classic suspect I've had as the killer since updating is Mustard. His arrest pose is as terrible as ever. But I wouldn't be surprised if some of the art got tweaked. Mrs. Peacock's murder pose was redesigned pretty shortly after the app was originally released, so it's not unprecedented.

What's looks different about classic Scarlett's end pose? IIRC, it's usually her standing with a shocked expression, hands cuffed & held up near chest level, with her feather boa down around her feet.
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I seem to remember her on her knees, but maybe I am wrong.
Suspect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverend Green is on his knees in the 'arrest pose'

I was wondering, does anyone know how to use the '?' Or '!' Icons on the detective notes. I've never quite figured it out.

Love the new update.
MrGreenJeans
Slueth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the icons to indicate a player showed a card.

For example, if someone said Peacock, Rope, Hall and Orchid showed a card, I'd place a question mark on those three items in the Orchid column - reminding me she has one of those three things.

Then, if Orchid later shows Mustard/Knife/Kitchen, I'll put an exclamation in those three things, reminding me she also has one of those three, but keeping it separate from the Peacock/Rope/Hall cluster.

I hope that makes sense.
The Late Dr Black
Suspect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, I think that's what the numbers are for, or at least that's how I use them.

I.e. Lounge, Scarlett, Rope. Plum shows a card -1 (I put 1 against each item)
Lounge, Green, Dagger. Plum shows a card -2 ( I put 2 against each item)
lounge, Scarlett, Rope. Mustard shows a card -1 ( I now put 1 against each item, under Mustard's column of course)

I think that's how it works.... hence my question
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the ? to mark what another player might have shown an opponent.

Example: I have Plum, Candlestick, Lounge. Orchid suggests Plum, Wrench, Library, and Green shows a card. I'll put a ? next to Wrench and Library under Green's column.

I use the numbers to track how many times each player names a certain Suspect/Weapon/Room in their suggestions. So far, I've never needed to count higher than 5 for any one item, so it works out nicely.

Using the example from above, I'd have marked a 1 next to Wrench and Library under Orchid's column.

I find that, over the course of a few rounds, and especially in full 6-player games, this system of counting usually helps me spot bluff suggestions. If Opponent A repeats a certain element very often, and answers a suggestion by another player when that same element has been named, more often than not Opponent A is holding that card.

The alternative is that card is part of the solution, and since (in a 6-player game) each player only has 3 cards, Opponent A has to keep naming that element to avoid getting a useless card from a suggestion.

Which brings me to the ! marker. If I'm at least 90% certain a player is holding a certain card, I'll use the ! to mark it under their column. That gives me a visual aid when making my own suggestions, so I can name other elements more likely to be in the solution.

Of course if I know for certain another player is holding a card, I'll just use the and be done with it.

I don't believe there is a right way to use the markers they've given us. I think the designers very smartly gave us just enough symbols to utilize as simple/complex a note-taking system as each player wishes. Heck, if I'm playing an Easy 3-player game just to kill a few minutes, I barely take any notes.
The Late Dr Black
Suspect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who will be next

Rusty has been hinted

That could mean Mrs Meadow-Brook too and I would like to see Dr Black made into a suspect.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if, as more themed board/character sets are released, Marmalade will provide us alternative versions of the "International" suspects. The new character selection screen seems to suggest it would be possible, and especially for Gray, it's an easy way to also include a Lord or Sergeant version of him, from past Clue/do games.

I'm curious what kind of themes you all would want to see (and would be willing to shell out the $7-25 for). Hollywood works surprisingly well for the game, thanks mostly to the vintage aesthetics. A set based on the movie would, of course, be BRILLIANT, but I worry Marmalade might not be able to afford something that would involve so much licensing. The other obvious choice is an expanded version a la Master Detective/Super Cluedo, but if Hollywood is any indication, they seem pretty set on one standard layout around which they can build new artwork.

I'd be interested in a game set on a cruise ship. It'd be interesting to see how they could work their go-to board layout around a Dining Hall, Captain's Quarters, Bridge, and such, with water rippling all around the borders of the playing area.

While not as exciting in a physical board game, a themed digital version set in a major city could be fun. The central staircase could be coming up from an underground train platform, and instead of rooms a map made up of notable locations/landmarks could be very interesting visually. I'm not sure they could theme the suspects much to go with something like this, but as a stand alone board option it could work.
The Late Dr Black
Suspect

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was Passport to Murder set on a railway station. I think that's an obvious choice for a future expansion.

Also I'd like to consider:

Passport to Murder
Master Detective (extra rooms, weapons, guests)
A Halloween theme (Mrs Peacock a la Bride of Frankenstein etc)
Circus
Museum
Previous versions i.e. 1972 Clue or 1993 Cluedo with Miss Peach etc

Some of the international versions maybe, I'm looking at you Dr Mandarino!

.........Mr Valentine in the Master Bedroom with the Axe....
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...woke up to this in my news feed:

Pretty specific for a seasonal theme. Could be cheesy fun, could be a $7 pile of poo. Might be worthwhile if we get some alternate takes on the "International" suspects. It's a bit silly to have (now) 4 versions of Hasbro's standard 6, but only one option for the rest of the characters (White being the obvious exception with her 2 playable versions).

It's occurred to me this was obviously coming, if my theories on Marmalade dropping hints in their artwork is true. There's a faux movie poster on display in the Hollywood board that looks like a typical sexy horror/vampire movie poster, and even more glaringly, the movie running in the Cinema is a vampire movie.
TheButlerButInnocent
Snoop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious if they will have Dr. Orchid or Dr. Orchid's Monster.
PeachFreak
Highbinder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see this final product! It would be a good opportunity to start dipping their feet into the waters of new weapons, especially given the more gothic environment. I'd love to see a stake or something.
The Late Dr Black
Suspect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New weapons would be a bonus.

Stake
Silver Bullet
Poison
Electric Cable
Crystal Ball
Jack o'Lantern

Etc
TheButlerButInnocent
Snoop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suspects are the original six but as variations of horror characters: Scarlet (vampire), Mustard (werewolf), White (ghost), Green (Frankenstein's monster), Peacock (Van Helsing type) and Plum (mad scientist). Mustard's suggestion vignettes are fun because he turns into his werewolf when you select the weapon. These pawns now match the suspects on the cards.

The weapons are the original six.

The rooms are the Throne Room, Library, Bedroom, Banquet Hall, Main Entrance, Crypt, Graveyard, Kitchen and Lab.

Interestingly, Boddy is described as a sorcerer, but they use the same man-in-a-suit image for the suggestion vignettes.

The Ultimate Detective's Package is now listed at 55% off for a Halloween price of $30.99.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus...and apparently it's exclusive to iOS for now, according to the Facebook post.

Why they'd bother with custom pawns for this theme but not for any of the others is beyond me.

How's the music for this theme, Butler?
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheButlerButInnocent wrote:
The suspects are the original six but as variations of horror characters: Scarlet (vampire), Mustard (werewolf), White (ghost), Green (Frankenstein's monster), Peacock (Van Helsing type) and Plum (mad scientist). Mustard's suggestion vignettes are fun because he turns into his werewolf when you select the weapon. These pawns now match the suspects on the cards.

The weapons are the original six.

The rooms are the Throne Room, Library, Bedroom, Banquet Hall, Main Entrance, Crypt, Graveyard, Kitchen and Lab.

Interestingly, Boddy is described as a sorcerer, but they use the same man-in-a-suit image for the suggestion vignettes.

The Ultimate Detective's Package is now listed at 55% off for a Halloween price of $30.99.

Cute -- seems like they're giving equal billing between White and Orchid ... although I think the count is now officially 2 Orchid, 3 White?

@$7 per theme, we're halfway to that $30. You can bet there's going to be a Christmas themed game, but it might be a wait for another one after that ... Still, I might just have to spring for the $31 and be done with it.

I absolutely hate we're still playing with the original 6 weapons. There really should be an option to mix up the weapons for this theme. Poison, Wooden Stake, Silver revolver, chainsaw, axe, cleaver, hook, torch, etc.

Re: Boddy/Black as a sorcerer -- really? They killed a sorcerer with one of the 6 traditional weapons? While I guess it's possible, it just further points out how there should have been more exotic weapons for this game: book of spells, magic potion, voodoo doll, talisman, etc.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I hadn't thought about the incongruity of the classic weapons in this theme. Maybe we should all pretend they're magical pipes, ropes, and such?

But you're absolutely right. The digital game needs more weapons to choose from. Even if it's locked to a certain themed set with a themed board (rather than mix-and-match like the suspects, which would make setup tedious for most players), it's better than the same six again and again.

One bright side to the update being exclusively iOS at the moment: the Ultimate Detective's Package is still $24.99 through the Android version. I'm very tempted to grab it at the lower price while I still can, though I'd have preferred to hold off until I knew what the next couple of themes were going to be.

Oh well. I'll skip lunch for a couple of days to feed my Cluedo habit instead. Wink

Oh, and as for the wait after Christmas/Winter for another theme: this is the same company that churned out Springtime, Birthday Party, Safari, and Fantasy themes for The Game of Life. So I doubt we'll have any shortage of themed boards rolling out for the next year. I'll be more interested to see what they do when they've done all the seasonal themes & have to start coming up with more specific locales like Hollywood.

And, you know, multiplayer would be nice...
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:

Oh, and as for the wait after Christmas/Winter for another theme: this is the same company that churned out Springtime, Birthday Party, Safari, and Fantasy themes for The Game of Life. So I doubt we'll have any shortage of themed boards rolling out for the next year. I'll be more interested to see what they do when they've done all the seasonal themes & have to start coming up with more specific locales like Hollywood.

And, you know, multiplayer would be nice...

I keep hoping the delay means I'm gonna get my Apple TV/Android TV app, so I can play in landscape mode with multiplayers in my living room. Probably just wishful thinking.

I think as someone mentioned earlier, themes like Museums will work well, and city locations like Detetive has (I even really enjoyed the Mysteries in Paris Clue board). An ocean boardwalk like 2013 Clue works well too. In which case, weapons you wouldn't find lying around a house would really be helpful additions. And of course there's always the possibility of MD expansion games. That's really where landscape modes would come in handy.

And let's not forget the kids. It might be helpful at some point to provide themes with the "Junior" characters, and/or plots involving theft, rather than murder. That would of course necessitate a different set of "items" to discover missing instead, and locations like a circus, or zoo, etc. ...

I still hope they'll license some popular brand themes too, but that might be too much to wish for considering the development costs, and potential audience. I'd love a Scooby Doo theme with the addition of character sounds, and perhaps even animation.
PeachFreak
Highbinder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cute theme. I'm a fan. Too bad about the missed opportunity on the weapons, though. Does it frustrate anyone else that the kitchen and library are not in their usual locales while the dining room stand-in is?

Also, let's appreciate that Ghost White wears a glove during her murder scenes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: