logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Clue app for iOS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
TheButlerButInnocent wrote:

[Side question: how do I upload images to posts? I have been copying URLs for images, but how do I upload a screenshot? Thanks in advance.]

There is no way to "upload" photos to this forum. You can only link to a URL. If you have a photo that is not already on the Internet, or doesn't have the correct URL format to work with the IMG tags ([img]/[/img]), you'll need to first upload it to the photo management site of your choice.

This, and make sure the URL of the image ends with .jpg or .png or whatever format the photo is in. Check out PostImage, that's what I use. The site does all the hard work & generates a list of different links for you (that's how I get the clickable thumbnails so the board doesn't get thrown out of alignment from a big photo).

Back to the app: I've been seeing quite a few complaints popping up on the Facebook post about the update. Is it really so buggy, or is it just hard to navigate the options now there's more available to play with?

Marmalade's also gone & edited their post to say the Android version is coming soon. Which it should have always said if that were the case... I guess I'm glad all the kinks can be ironed out now, and maybe Android will get the update once the iOS app gets some bug fixes.
TheButlerButInnocent
Snoop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Back to the app: I've been seeing quite a few complaints popping up on the Facebook post about the update. Is it really so buggy, or is it just hard to navigate the options now there's more available to play with?

I have not encountered any major bugs or glitches. If anything, there is a loophole by which you can switch boards mid-game. Say you are playing on Classic Board and quit. You will return to the "Selected Board" screen. If you select Tudor Mansion and then "Resume" when it reminds you that you have a game going, you will return to that game but on the Tudor Mansion board (and with the appropriate room cards).
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheButlerButInnocent wrote:
Thanks!

alwaysPeacock wrote:

I have not encountered any major bugs or glitches. If anything, there is a loophole by which you can switch boards mid-game. Say you are playing on Classic Board and quit. You will return to the "Selected Board" screen. If you select Tudor Mansion and then "Resume" when it reminds you that you have a game going, you will return to that game but on the Tudor Mansion board (and with the appropriate room cards).

That's not much of a bug. That may actually help if you get bored during a game!

I just realized that all of the rooms we saw the new characters posed within are all from the Classic game board. So there is no new decor skin for the Tudor Mansion. So much for expecting it to be released with an expansion game.

I too thought the Conservatory had a pool in it when I first saw it! Ha!

But in looking at this new layout, one has to wonder if Hasbro has something planned for Christmas to tie into this virtual game. A new board layout that matches this one with bonus characters? At a minimum an optional Mrs. White?

I haven't really encountered any bugs yet either, but @Peach is right, they really need to sort out the ability to choose all of the suspects, regardless of how many players are chosen.

Last edited by Murder by Death on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
There should also be some new avatar/portrait art, if they've extended the "victory" and "defeat" expressions for your character (at the game's end) to the classic set, too.

This is what I have:

So we're missing at least 4 poses for Classic Reverend Green. Is there anything else I'm missing?
MrGreenJeans
Slueth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of all the new characters and designs. It's so nice to see some fresh perspective injected into our beloved franchise, along with appropriate nods to the suspects of yesterday.

I am particularly happy to see Mrs. White again. I am playing games with the original 5 + White (new designs or classic). It feels "right".

Peach and Classic Peacock's murder poses are both hilarious.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. They seem to have ditched the (fairly tacky looking) victory/defeat portraits. Your Mustard icon at the bottom of the final accusation screen would have changed, in the previous version of the app. Again, it makes sense to cut them. They're ugly as sin, for a start, and this means their artists don't have to come up with 24 new faces (2 for each of the classic & international suspects).

Their ratings in the App Store have PLUMMETED. Average now is 2 stars.

Silver lining: going by their Facebook activity, an update should be rolled out soon, pending Apple's approval for the store. This should remedy all the glitches reported here, on Facebook, and in the App Store.

They've also gone & released a birthday update for their Life app. Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew, trying to roll out an anniversary update for Life and a major update for Clue(do) within days of each other. Everything I've seen & heard from the Clue(do) update has a kind of rushed/unfinished quality about it.

In the meantime, can anyone grab a screenshot of the full overhead view of the classic board/house? Dying to see this "pool" in the Conservatory.
Bostancic25
Suspect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part I am happy with what I received aside from a few minor details. The graphics for the classic game feel a bit unfinished, and the classic suspects appear pretty small in the suggestion sequences. I l also wish the turn order was in the classic Scarlet first, Mustard second, ect. Overall though I'll accept those things for what they are and be happy to have Mrs. White back along with some of the additional expansion suspects.
TheButlerButInnocent
Snoop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
In the meantime, can anyone grab a screenshot of the full overhead view of the classic board/house? Dying to see this "pool" in the Conservatory.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh...it looks very sterile, compared to the original board for this game. A bit underwhelming, compared to the room art they released.

I hope they hurry up & get the Android version out. I don't want to spend real money on these updates, & my gift card is itching to be spent lol.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Huh...it looks very sterile, compared to the original board for this game. A bit underwhelming, compared to the room art they released.

I hope they hurry up & get the Android version out. I don't want to spend real money on these updates, & my gift card is itching to be spent lol.

The game graphics look much rougher as well. I really feel this will get a lot of visual tweaks over time, just as the original board did.

I just realized all the secret passages are gaping wide open. In an animated game, shouldn't those be closed until it's time to use them? The pushed back carpet in the Study really called my attention to it. I'd rather that look neat and tidy until someone uses it, then see the it lift back, and floor open, then return after the pawn moves through it.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting point. I hadn't really given the secret passages any thought. I guess I accepted the gaping holes since, besides the suggestion scenes & intro fly-in video, the game doesn't really aim for realism. It's very much a board game world, with the large weapons & sliding pawns (which like to glide through furniture).

In that screenshot of the "classic" board, it looks like there's an open trap door attached to the passage in the lounge, in addition to the pulled back rug in the study. However, the kitchen and conservatory don't appear to have any suggestions of coverings for the passages.

Maybe they will animate them in a future update. Wouldn't be the first time they'd tinkered with the secret passage animations (remember when the pawns just melted through the stairs, vs their current stepping motion?).

Though, to be frank, I'd rather they (Marmalade) hurry up with a fully functional update across both versions of the app before they start worrying about bells & whistles.
TheButlerButInnocent
Snoop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
UPDATE -- Just found a new problem. Not only will I likely NEVER be able to play Mr. Green against Rev. Green, but it seems I am NOT allowed to play with two Mrs. Whites (even though they are very different characters), nor two Mr. Greens, Plums, Mustards, Scarletts, nor Peacocks. I suppose this makes sense as it would lead to confusion. But still, what a shame. It' be fun to imagine old maid Mrs. White being the modern White's mom, and something similar with Classic and modern Green, et al.

There is a roundabout way of getting one pair of Classic and Modern Suspects in the same game.

I played a game with a few Classic suspects: Mrs. White, Colonel Mustard and Mr. Green. After that game, when I was prompted to pick a suspect for the next game, I selected Modern Mrs. White ... and Classic Mrs. White, Colonel Mustard and Mr. Green were automatically populated as the other players. Modern Mrs. White and Classic Mrs. White could (and did) suspect each other, and both names appeared on the suspect card. For the third game, I played as Modern Mr. Green and kept Classic Mr. Green. However, as usual, I could not select a Modern and Classic pair.

It works but does take some planning.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a screenshot someone posted on Instagram of Miss Peach making an accusation, with the rest of the "Internationals" lined up on the classic mansion stairs. Are they fully playable characters already, with character pawns moving around the board? Marmalade's Facebook only ever announced the Classic suspects & board as "now available," so I wasn't sure if the other group has been fully realized or not.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
I saw a screenshot someone posted on Instagram of Miss Peach making an accusation, with the rest of the "Internationals" lined up on the classic mansion stairs. Are they fully playable characters already, with character pawns moving around the board? Marmalade's Facebook only ever announced the Classic suspects & board as "now available," so I wasn't sure if the other group has been fully realized or not.

Yes. They all have character pawns, and you can chose to play as any of them.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
alwaysPeacock wrote:

Nice. Cool Wish they'd at least give a timeline/estimated date for the Android update. From what I can tell in the App Store reviews, the last iOS update has remedied most of the quirks/glitches the initial version 1.3.0 introduced. It's been just over two weeks since this was supposed to launch. Pretty loose definition of "soon" in my book...

Has the classic board been sharpened up at all, or is it still rough around the edges?
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Murder by Death wrote:
alwaysPeacock wrote:

Nice. Cool Wish they'd at least give a timeline/estimated date for the Android update. From what I can tell in the App Store reviews, the last iOS update has remedied most of the quirks/glitches the initial version 1.3.0 introduced. It's been just over two weeks since this was supposed to launch. Pretty loose definition of "soon" in my book...

Has the classic board been sharpened up at all, or is it still rough around the edges?

I didn't notice any visual updates or improvements
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the latest iOS update has finally resurrected the app on my phone. But does anyone else have an issue with the character selection screen coming up blank? I can get one game to successfully set up & play after installation, but after that I get nothing when I go to set up another game. One of their customer service reps assured me that bug should have been fixed in the update, but my repeated attempts to get the game to work say otherwise.

A shame, since I was enjoying the new character art. The "classic" board won't load for me, but from what I've seen of it I'm not missing much.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
So, the latest iOS update has finally resurrected the app on my phone. But does anyone else have an issue with the character selection screen coming up blank? I can get one game to successfully set up & play after installation, but after that I get nothing when I go to set up another game. One of their customer service reps assured me that bug should have been fixed in the update, but my repeated attempts to get the game to work say otherwise.

A shame, since I was enjoying the new character art. The "classic" board won't load for me, but from what I've seen of it I'm not missing much.

Did you try a hard reset of the phone? Hold down the power and home button until it restarts? That's what it took for me after the original update to access the classic board.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
alwaysPeacock wrote:

Did you try a hard reset of the phone? Hold down the power and home button until it restarts? That's what it took for me after the original update to access the classic board.

Yep. Though my most pressing issue is the blank character selection screen. Baffling to me that the app will repeatedly work ONCE, then fail to even be able to set up a game. So far, I have to uninstall, reinstall, restore purchases, kill the app, and launch the app again. To play. One. Friggin. Game.

This app has become such a clusterf*** since they updated it. Marmalade is no stranger to this format, so I really can't fathom why they're having such a hard time getting Clue to behave.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Murder by Death wrote:
alwaysPeacock wrote:

Yep. Though my most pressing issue is the blank character selection screen. Baffling to me that the app will repeatedly work ONCE, then fail to even be able to set up a game. So far, I have to uninstall, reinstall, restore purchases, kill the app, and launch the app again. To play. One. Friggin. Game.

This app has become such a clusterf*** since they updated it. Marmalade is no stranger to this format, so I really can't fathom why they're having such a hard time getting Clue to behave.

Have you installed the July 20th update that claims to fix the vanishing character problem?

I just realized that the "Rules" are back as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 16 of 22

Jump to: