So I'm working on a site redesign...

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Michael
Mastermind

So I'm working on a site redesign...

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:51 am

I know I've been pretty behind in updating this site. There were many contributing factors - job/city change, broken scanner, broken computer, outdated software... it began to just feel too overwhelming once all the new editions started piling up.

Well, now I'm all settled. I have a new scanner. I have a new computer. I don't have any more excuses.

This weekend I decided to give it a shot so I could at least update my inventory list. Well that turned into just a completely new site design using new software. I really like the way it's starting to turn out - relying on more visuals and less lists.

I estimate it's probably going to take 100 hours of work to get it up and running - not counting the insane amount of new items I need to add. In the past, it took about 2 hours of work for each new page...

Anyway, I just wanted to give you all an update that new things are happening behind the scenes. I'll keep you posted.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Congratulations. Let us know if we can help.

You're not changing the color scheme are you? That's classic, sublime perfection!

BBP
Investigator

Post by BBP » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Good luck Michael!

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:04 pm

I'm super excited to see the final product! This is great! Good luck on the adventure you are setting out on!
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm glad you like the color scheme. Me too! Right now I'm working on just getting the basics done before prettying it up.

I was toying with more very muted yellow reminiscent of the board squares alongside the black white and gray.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

IdontKnow
Suspect

Post by IdontKnow » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:37 pm

:)