logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOODWILL TO ALL MEN - Xmas Mystery
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: GOODWILL TO ALL MEN - Xmas Mystery Reply with quote

This is the first ever mystery I have written using the original 6 weapons, there are some things borrowed from the Clue movie / UK Christmas episode but everything else is original. As I mentioned on the Clue Current Thoughts thread. The suspects won't be Miss Scarlet or the others as this mystery was originally written for a fan club using the fan club characters. Photobucket is being problematic for me so I will need 2 things.

1) 2 detectives who would like to play this mystery (first come first served) - I think in all fairness as well, it would have to be people who don't follow me on DeviantArt.

2) A website that I can post images on this forum, I am open to suggestions.

I'll post more about the mystery and the mystery itself later on.
Adam106
Hatchet Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Black. Smile

1) I'd like to play the mystery, though I'm willing to let someone else do it if there's popular demand.

2) Just what I've found from searching "image hosting" on Google (I haven't used any of them so I can't verify how good they are):
TinyPic (http://tinypic.com/)
PostImage (https://postimage.org/)

There's also this article, which lists their opinion of the 10 best free image hosting sites: https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hosting-sites-3486329
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Adam, I'll have a look
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME TO GAIJIN GRANGE

A stranger lies dead in one of the six rooms of the Grange, killed with one of six weapons and murdered by one of six suspects.

MAP

Let's meet the suspects.

GAIJIN GOOMBAH - He is the owner of Gaijin Grange and the cultural expert at the local university.

AKI GOOMBAH - Gaijin's beautiful wife, a keen animal lover and will do anything to fight for their rights.

GECK - Also known as TheGeckoNinja, he is a close friend of Gaijin's and Aki's. He owns an art studio in the village and is a keen sportsman.

ALLOCHII - Another close friend of the family, she runs her own catering company and has provided Gaijin with all of the food for this event.

JAMES PORTER - A retired police officer turned crime novelist, the guests appear to be big fans of his novels.

YUKI - The former lady of the manor who sold the Grange to Gaijin and Aki as she had financial trouble maintaining the maintenance of the house. She now lives in a smaller cottage and is a welcome guest to her old home.

(Small disclaimer, apart from my own character, I do not own any of the others)
Adam106
Hatchet Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you found somewhere to upload the pics. Smile

I like them - especially Gaijin Grange itself. Forgive my ignorance but what fanbase is this from/based on? I recognise Goomba from Mario but that's about it haha. Oh, and casting yourself as a suspect is hilarious!
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a YouTuber by the name of Gaijin Goombah, if you are familiar with Game Theory, then you might have heard of him.
terryhall5
Suspect

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black wrote:
There is a YouTuber by the name of Gaijin Goombah, if you are familiar with Game Theory, then you might have heard of him.

James, based on your card of your cartoon self, I'd lick it :p
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terryhall5 wrote:
Black wrote:

James, based on your card of your cartoon self, I'd lick it :p

You'd lick me, not sure how I feel about that
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... the mystery is already to go.

I have 1 detective and all I need is another.
cluefan8888
Gumshoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do it.
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's Adam 106 vs. Cluefan8888 - Good luck detectives.

GOODWILL TO ALL MEN
SCENE 1: OUTSIDE

Two men are walking towards Gaijin Grange; the one gentleman is in his late 50s, wearing a black tuxedo and carrying a sack. The other gentleman is much younger wearing a similar tux but with a purple bow tie instead of the traditional black bow-tie. The two reach the front door of the Grange and the younger man rings the doorbell before checking his pockets for the small, blue present in his jacket pocket. The front door opens and behind the door is a female goomba in a black dress with a pink shawl.

“James, so glad you came.” Said the goomba pleasantly surprised

“We’re not too late are we, Aki?” asked James

“Not at all but you are the last to arrive.” Informed Aki, she then looks at the older gentleman “So, this is your friend that you’ve talked about.”

The older gentleman places the sack on the ground. “I’m John Meadows” The man replied as he extended his hand out for a handshake forgetting that goombas don’t have hands.

“Would you like to come in?” Invited Aki, she moves aside to allow the two men to enter Gaijin Grange.

SCENE 2: HALL

Aki announces to James and John where everyone else is.

“A mini bar has been set up in the lounge in case you want to fix yourself a pre-dinner ****; the other two men are in the billiard room.”

“Thanks Aki, where’s Yuki?” James asked

“The last time I saw her she was in the lounge, dinner will be served in 10 mins.” Aki replied before heading off towards the kitchen, James made his way to the lounge and John enters the billiard room.

SCENE 3: BILLIARD ROOM

Two people are playing a frame of pool; the taller of the two; with the long, black hair, a mask covering his mouth and wearing a dark green tuxedo finishes the game by potting the number eight black ball into one of the corner pockets. The shorter person is another goomba wearing a black tux with a bright, red bow-tie – he is also wearing a pair of think black rimmed glasses.

“Good Game, do we have time for another?” The taller man asked

The small goomba looks at the clock on the wall and replies. “Only a quick game, we better make it 9 ball this time.”

John Meadows enters the room and the two men stopped setting up.

“Good evening.” John greeted

“Hi, you must James’ friend from the mushroom kingdom; I’m Gaijin Goombah, I own the Grange with my wife, Aki” Gaijin introduced

“John Meadows, it’s an honour to be invited into your home sir.”

“I’m The Gecko Ninja but everyone just calls me Geck for short, I’m an artist in the village.” Geck introduced as his started arranging the balls in the diamond

“oh yes, I recall seeing some your art pieces – very revealing I must say.” John complimented

“So, Mr. Meadows” Gaijin said quickly changing the subject “What kind of business are you in?”

“I’m currently retired for the moment, but I used to be a police inspector, James used to be my D.S. before he got promoted.”

“Police… interesting” Geck replied as he placed the pool diamond under the table “Would you like to play?” Geck asked offering John his pool cue.

“No thank you, I’ve never been any good at billiards.” John rejected, happier to watch.

Gaijin begins the game by striking the cue ball.

SCENE 4: LOUNGE

James is by the mini bar, looking for a certain ingredient for his **** while a goomba-wolf hybrid is sitting on one of the settees reading a magazine. The two engage in small talk so the room isn’t in complete silence.

“Is that a new dress, Yuki?” James asked grabbing a bottle labled LEMONADE

“Yes it is” Yuki replied placing the magazine on the coffee table in front of her. “It was a gift from a relative of mine.”

Yuki is wearing a bright blue dress that sparkles in the light, it was as if her dress was covered in diamonds.

James places the bottle back and pulls out of his jacket pocket the small present, he hid it behind his back to surprise Yuki with but before he could give her the present, the dinner gong rang out.

“Great, I’m starving” Yuki stated as she made her way to the dining room. James placed the present back in his jacket and muttons a curse word.

SCENE 5: DINING ROOM

Everyone is sitting at the dining table after the meal; empty but stained plates from the delicious Christmas dinner is all that remains of the meal, apart from the Christmas pudding which only had been cut into slightly. The after dinner fun begins with everyone pulling crackers, playing with small toys and wearing silly paper crowns as well as reading terrible jokes that get the odd chuckle from the others.

Gaijin is whispering something to the boo he is sitting next too and the boo nods in agreement.

The boo’s name is Allochii, she is a close friend of Gaijin and Aki. She runs a small catering company. In the village. She is wearing her glasses and her usual striped hat with the pompoms.

Gaijin grabs a spoon and taps his glass to attract everyone’s attention

“Ladies and gentlemen, first, I’d like to congratulate and thank Allochii for an excellent Christmas dinner.” Gaijin was cut off from his speech by everyone applauding Allochii which makes the little boo blush slightly.

“But most importantly, I’d like to thank all of you, my dear friends, for spending this Christmas day with me and Aki – you are truly some of the best friends a goomba could ask for.” Gaijin continued as he reaches for his wine glass “To friendship”

Everyone, except for John Meadows, drank to the toast by drinking their wine (Cola in James’ case)

“You’ll forgive me if I don’t drink to the toast as I’m a new comer and this is the first time I’ve met you guys.” John explained in which Gaijin accepted his reasoning.

John got up from his sit and said “However, I do have a surprise of my own.”

John leaves the dining room, leaving the others to try and guess what this surprise was; a few seconds later, John re-enters the room with his sack.

“I asked James who was going to be here tonight and as I former policeman, I did a little investigation on you and came up with the perfect presents for you all.” John explained watching the excited reactions on everyone’s faces.

John reaches into the sack and pulls out a long, thin present in red paper and hands it to Gaijin. Next was a smaller present wrapped in pink paper which John hands to Aki. John then hands a green, squared gift to Geck. Yuki is given a similar shaped present but wrapped in bright blue paper and finally, Allochii is given a bulky present wrapped in periwinkle paper.”

“Nothing for me John?” James asked jokingly

“I didn’t forget about you, James, I’ll give you your gift later on.” John replied

Everyone quickly opens up their presents but their excitement soon turned into displeasure and shock.

Gaijin received an antique DAGGER, Allochii was given a silver CANDLESTICK, Yuki has a wooden box which contains a loaded REVOLVER, Geck’s present has a coil of green, climbing ROPE inside and finally, Aki had an adjustable SPANNER

Everyone looks around at each other, trying to hold back their emotions – maintaining a poker face as the former police inspector explains. “You were all responsible for committing a crime in your past and none of you were convicted of your crimes, you are all going to pay.”

“Pay?” Gaijin asked examining his dagger “Do you mean money?”

“Yes sir, I expect each and everyone one of you to pay me one million coins by midnight tonight or I will have no choice but to call the police and have you all arrested.” John replied before sipping his wine and making his way to the door.

“Oh and one more thing, Merry Christmas everyone” John smirked as he leaves the dining room.

“Excuse me” James said making his escape from the room, once he had gone, Gaijin stabbed the Christmas pudding with his dagger.

SCENE 6: LIBRARY

John Meadows enters the room closely followed by James.

“What the *beep* are you playing at?” James asked trying to control his anger

“I gave 30 years to that police force and all I got was a pittance for a pension, I’m getting what I rightly deserve or I’ll make sure that justice is served.” John explained as he makes himself comfortable on one of the settees.

“Justice? No wonder you’re no longer an inspector, you’re completely insane.” James replied as he sits opposite his former colleague.

“Don’t tell me you’re willing to defend a thief, an arsonist and a few murderers?” Shouted John

“You’re ridiculous, I knew I shouldn’t have brought you here.” James said as he makes his way out the room.

“Wait a second James” John called out as he reaches into his jacket pocket “I do have something for you.”

John hands James a thin, rectangular present wrapped in purple wrapping paper. James unwraps his gift and looks at the contents, confused and disinterested.

“A piece of pipe” James stated examining the item.

“Yes, poor old Richie” John muttered catching James’ attention “I understand now why you would defend those people, a man would always defend his own.” John continued before downing his wine.

James’ grip tightens around the LEAD PIPE, trying but failing to control his anger.

“There was nothing poor about Richie Pipe, that son of a ***** got everything he deserved but I had nothing to do with it.” James stated, pleading his case.

“So you say, you might have fooled the Superintendent, but not me, I’ve always had my suspicions.” John replied trying to conceal his grin. John leaves the library taking the lead pipe with him.

SCENE 7: STUDY

Gaijin gives Allochii a small coin bag, she then leaves the room but she notices James storm off somewhere, she follows him. Once the two were out of sight, John Meadows enters the study.

“What do you want Mr. Meadows?” An annoyed Gaijin asks

“I forgot to charge my mobile phone, I was looking for a telephone, mind if I make a phone call later?”

“After the little stunt you pulled, Mr. Meadows, you can go to *beep*.” Replied Gaijin

“Oh come on, it’s not like I’m going to steal your phone – not like the dagger and other antiques you stole from various excavations you were on, I wonder what you’re employers would think if they really knew the truth.” John accused jokingly.

“Get Out!” Gaijin shouted as he shot out of his chair, John then left the room.

SCENE 8: BILLIARD ROOM

Geck grabs one of the pool cues from the rack and starts chalking the tip before breaking potting the two, six and seven balls.

“Not a bad shot” John complimented but Geck doesn’t respond

Geck continues to play and pots the one ball in one of the middle pockets.

“Have you been rock climbing recently?” John said trying to make small talk but all he achieved was Geck miscuing his shot.

“I haven’t been rock climbing in years, not since…” Geck began

“You killed your best friend.” John replied

“I had no choice, besides, he told me to do it.” Geck said as he eyes the rope on the side table.

“Oh yes, you cut the rope in able to rescue yourself because Rocky sacrificed himself for you.”

“Yes, but it wasn’t murder” Geck stated before taking another shot.

“He left you everything didn’t he, I’d say that was a motive for murder.” John asked.

“Yes but that doesn’t mean anything, I made a will in favour of him and he made a will in favour of me.” Geck explained

“No… no, you’re right Geck, I apologize.” John said sympathetically “I guess when you’re wrong, you’re wrong and the fact that the autopsy report shows sleeping pills in his system means nothing either.” John explained waving a piece of paper in front of Geck

“You don’t know anything and you never knew Rocky.” Geck explained trying to come up with an argument for his defense.

“You can protest all you want but unless you pay the million coins, you’ll be spending new years behind bars.” John replied before making his exit, Geck got angry and threw the pool cue onto the table and suddenly grabbed the rope that’s on the table.

SCENE 8: LOUNGE

Aki and Yuki are playing with the weapons they were given not knowing what to say until Yuki broke the ice.

“I did shoot someone but it was self defense.” Yuki muttered

“I believe you, I just don’t understand why he would want to bring up the past.” Aki replied adjusting the spanner out of boredom.

“What are we going to do?” Yuki asked placing her revolver back into the wooden box

Aki got up from she seat and said to Yuki “Give me the box”

Yuki handed Aki the box and Aki left with both weapons.

SCENE 9: KITCHEN

Allochii is gathering some of the plates from the dining room and placing them near the kitchen sink. John Meadows enters the room.

“Evening Allochii, any of the food still up for grabs.” John asked as if nothing had happened.

“Of course, I’m sure that there is some rat poison for you to ingest in one of the kitchen cupboards” Allochii shot back in anger.

“Now, now, no need to be like that, it’s not my fault that the turkey was a little burnt, but than again, it wouldn’t be the first time you’ve burned something.” John said trying to get a reaction.

“It was an accident you know, I knocked over a candlestick and the house went up in flames.” Allochii explained as she watched John examine the candlestick he had given her.

“You could have extinguished the flames.”

“What with, Mr. Meadows, it was a run down house with dusty old furniture, no electricity and no water.” Allochii explained while she filled the sink up with water.

“I guess you’re right and I’m sure the insurance money came in very handy.” John accused.

Allochii couldn’t control her anger so she grabbed one of the plates and threw it at John, John dodged but the plate shattered into several pieces.

“That’s some temper you’ve got there, Allochii, they do amazing anger therapy classes in prison.” John remarked as he leaves the room laughing to himself.

SCENE 10: HALL

Aki is by the Christmas Tree and is hiding something in the tree itself. John walks passed her and enters one of the rooms. Aki takes the revolver from the box and follows him into the room.

SCENE 11: STUDY

John is sitting on the desk examining the telephone and then suddenly, Aki enters pointing the revolver at him.

“Don’t be stupid, Mrs. Goombah, we both know that you won’t pull the trigger.” John remarked, not frightened at the sight of a goomba pointing a loaded gun at him. Aki pulls back the hammer on the revolver.

“If you know so much about us all, then you should know that I was covering up for an old and dear friend of mine – I killed no one, yet” Aki threatened

“Oh please, your friend destroyed that factory by throwing a literal spanner in the works. All part of your so called peaceful protest not to mention she killed several employees and you stuck your neck on the line for her, why?” John asked unconvinced by Aki’s original story.

“She was a good friend, we always had each others back – she made a stupid mistake which got out of hand.” Aki stated

“Whatever, I still you were responsible and there is nothing you can do to stop me.” John said, bored with the conversation and he turns his head to look away from Aki.

Aki then pulls the trigger, shooting twice at John. But John is still alive.

“Really Mrs. Goombah, did you actually think I was dumb enough to load that thing with live ammunition, it’s loaded with blanks.” John remarked.

Aki threw the revolver at John but ended up smashing a vase and she just ran out of the room.

SCNENE 12: BILLIARD ROOM

Geck is coiling the rope around his hands when suddenly, Gaijin came out of the library without his jacket and slightly out of breath.

“Oh, Geck, I was wondering if you wanted to finish off our game.” Gaijin asked.

“Sure, can you set up, I need to do something with this first.” Geck replied before leaving the room with his climbing rope. Gaijin remained and started setting up the table.

SCENE 13: DINING ROOM

Allochii enters the room with her candlestick, she is still tiding up after the Christmas dinner and notices that the dagger is lying on the floor instead of being in the pudding where Gaijin had left it. Furthermore, the blade of the dagger had blood on it.

SCENE 14: LOUNGE

Yuki is unwrapping another present, this is the present that was from James. The present contained a blue paintbrush set all inscribed in gold with Yuki’s name on them. James watches her reaction of joy and happiness as he is cleaning his hand with a handkichief.

“James, this is amazing, thank you so much.” Yuki said excited that she jumps out of her seat and hugs James.

“Hey, careful Yuki, I don’t want to get blood on your new dress.” James replied trying not to get his hand on Yuki’s expensive looking dress.

“oh sorry, how did you cut yourself anyway?” Yuki asked with slight concern

“It’s doesn’t matter, but I better get it cleaned up, I’ll be back in a minute or so.” Replied James as he makes his way out of the lounge, leaving Yuki by herself.

SCENE 15: MIDNIGHT

The grandfather clock in the hall beings it’s twelve chimes to signify to the whole household that it is now midnight. Has anyone paid the blackmail demand or will they be going to prison? As soon as the tweleveth finished, the Grange had a new sound which echoes throughout; a woman is heard screaming. Yuki and James exit one of the rooms, Gaijin and Geck exit a different room and finally Aki is seen running down the stairs. The five all meet up with Allochii who leaves one of the rooms, very upset. Aki and Geck go towards her to comfort her.

“What happened, Allochii?” Geck asked kneeling down and putting his arm around the boo.

“It’s… it’s Mr. Meadows, he’s dead, he’s dead, he’s been murdered.” Allochii replied hysterically. Aki and Geck try calm her down but everyone is looking at each other, knowing that someone in the hall is a murderer… but who?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ex-Inspector John Meadows has been murdered - Allochii discovered his body in one of the six rooms at Gaijin Grange.

Detectives will take it in turns to interrogate the suspects, 1 question per suspect but remember, ONLY THE MURDERER CAN LIE, the innocent must always tell the truth.

Adam106 will starts.
Adam106
Hatchet Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Porter, what's the story with Richie Pipe? Why/how did he get what he "deserved"?
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam106 wrote:
James Porter, what's the story with Richie Pipe? Why/how did he get what he "deserved"?

"Richie Pipe was infamous in the community for beating his wife and child, I arrested him after a complaint from a neighbour, people like that have always disgusted me and I may have gotten a little emotionally involved than I should have. Because of my behaviour towards the b*****d, we had to release him. A few days later, Pipe was killed, beaten severally that he chocked on his own blood - I was accused of killing him which resulted in me being suspended but as there was no proof, I was allowed to return to the force a few months later."

ClueFan your question please
cluefan8888
Gumshoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuki- Who Did you Shoot?
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cluefan8888 wrote:
Yuki- Who Did you Shoot?

"My home was being robbed and I shot the burglar in self defense"
Adam106
Hatchet Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aki, what did you hide in the Christmas tree?
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam106 wrote:
Aki, what did you hide in the Christmas tree?

"I was going to hide the revolver that Yuki was given along with my spanner, but you already know what happened to the revolver in the study. I hid the spanner though and as far as I know, it's still there."

Cluefan your 2nd question please.
cluefan8888
Gumshoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaijin- Could you tell us more about the crime you committed?
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cluefan8888 wrote:
Gaijin- Could you tell us more about the crime you committed?

"How dare you, I was innocent. While excavating at an archaeological dig, there were a few bandits and they stole some of our artifacts which included a jewel encrusted dagger among other things. When I returned home to the university, they accused me of making the whole story up and kept the findings for myself. As they didn't have any proof of this, the whole matter was dropped but the rumours still circulated."

Adam your final question for this round.
Adam106
Hatchet Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geck, you delayed your game of billiards because you needed to "do something first" with the Rope. Where did you go and what exactly did you do with it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: