Clue Bingo!?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Clue Bingo!?

Post by Murder by Death » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Hey Cacums, did they steal your idea? It's the only reference to a "Bingo" game I could find in the whole site.

http://www.theartofmurder.com/forums/vi ... php?t=2195

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Hmmm I don't even remember what I was getting at with the Clue Bingo idea. xD

I'm sure it made sense at the time. I have a binder full of all my Clue drawings, doodles, game ideas, etc. I'll go through it and see if I can find anything on Clue Bingo. ;)

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:46 pm

I've been playing for a couple weeks. I really like the artwork. Trying to take screenshots of everything.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Michael wrote:I've been playing for a couple weeks. I really like the artwork. Trying to take screenshots of everything.
Finally downloaded this and tried it out.

The music is great, it reminds me of the movie music.

The art is fantastic.

But I really don’t understand how this applies to Clue at all. I guess I should have read the tutorial. It seems to be a straight bingo game, and I’m terrified I’m going to accidentally charge something to my credit card.

The board game only appears to apply as you advance levels, and even then, you can only see it when you exit the game. It’s bizarre.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:01 am

That's pretty much all Storm8 does: churning out themed versions of Bingo & such. They even, for reasons unknown, released a separate Valentine's Day Clue Bingo app.

But you're right it's got nothing to do with Clue/do at all, really. It's just Bingo. With Clue art. It's as pointless as it looks. I played it for a long time before finally giving up. The more you level up, the more expensive extra cards become (spending from the in-game currency you earn by playing & winning), and it's nearly impossible to score a win if you're just playing one card.

But kudos to their artists. That's a great looking suspect lineup, and the room art (including the locations they've invented for the app) is very nicely done, too.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Jonathan Green
Spy

Post by Jonathan Green » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:47 am

Found some concept art for Clue Bingo. The room in it looks like the lounge and Mrs. White looks different. She wearing a white dress, which I prefer than the black dress she wears in the official release.
https://www.danielseiberling.com/clue/
"Our love is God." - Jason Dean, Heathers (1989)