logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

summarzation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: summarzation Reply with quote

last year on my birthday, my mom promised me she would take me to a Clue Musical, and i was so excited, and my mom never took me Evil or Very Mad

anyways can anyone give me a summary on the musical?
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically:

The characters act as if they are being played in a board game. The stage is a Clue board with revolving towers to represent the 6 rooms. the library, dining room, and hall are not included. The characters introduce themselves along with Mr. Boddy, and we know right off the bat that a murder will occur. Three audience members come up and select the cards to go into the envelope. The scene shifts to the Kitchen, where mrs. white is tenderizing the meat with a lead pipe. She wants to discuss her wges with Boddy, but he reminds her of the time he got her son off death-row for a hefty sum. The scene shifts to the Billiard room, where mr. Green is playing some billiards by the dim light of the candlestick. Voddy inquires as to wheather or not Green recieved a deposit on an account he and Boddy are working on, and Green says no. Boddy knows this to be a lie, as he spoke to the investor two days earlier and has found that Green's bank account is 1/2 a million $ fatter than it was, a fact Green atributes to the death of an aunt. Boddy threatens Green who threatens Boddy. The scene shifts to the Ballroom, where Mrs. Peacock is gazing out a window. Colonel Mustard sneaks up behind her and puts his hands over her eyes. She figures out it is him, and they are soon locking lips. They decide to play a game of "The Storming of Normandy" which is a screwed up version of twister. Mustard's plastic vertabre stick, and Peacock conspicuously pulls him out of an awkward position. Boddy throws a revolver into the room, and Mustard says it is to be prepared for an enemy attack. Peacock locks lips with Mustard and Boddy enters. He tells Mustard to leave for smooching on his wife. (Peacock is Boddy's wife in this). Mustard storms out and Peacock decides to go talk to the plants. The scene shifts to the Lounge, where Miss Scarlet is mixing a fancy (c o c k t a i l). Green enters and tries to hit on her. She resists, until he reveals that he is really "Squeegy Sangilooni" who paid the judges of the "Miss Nuclear Waste" pagent so that "Scarletta Vermicelli" would win. They have a moment, and we learn that Scarlet and Boddy were engaged, but he didn't follow through. They discover a pipe and a wrench in the bar, and assume it is for plumbing repairs. The scene shifts to the Study, where Professor Plum is tying a rope into a noose. Mrs. White enters and realizes that the rope used to be her clothes line. Plum corrects her poor grammar, which only confuses her more. We discover that Plum ghost-authored a book for Boddy, and that he has not been paid. White announces that dinner will be soon and leaves. The scene shifts to the Conservatory, where Mrs. Peacock is talking to the plants and playing with a candlestick. Boddy wants to talk about her incident with Mustard, but she threatens him with the candlestick and he backs off. The scene then shifts to a waltz between the guests. After the dance, Boddy reveals to them that he knows that they all want to kill him...and that he will cooperate. The guests are somewhat shocked, but they all raose their glasses in a toast "to success." Boddy begins a song as they all leave, but is stopped when the pianist hits a sour note. The pianists reveals that a key is broken, and Boddy tells him to play around it. At the dramitc, and comic conclusion of Act 1, the suspects chase Boddy through the house, eventually ganging up around him, which leads to a blackout. When the lights come back up, the suspects are all holding a different weapon and standing in a different spot. Boddy lies dead on the floor.

Act 2 later.

Last edited by alwaysPeacock on Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems really cool and really fun Very Happy

can't wait for act 2
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post act 2 tomorrow. I can't find my script. Confused

Another note on Act 1: Depending on which suspect card is picked, there is additional dialog written for each scene involving Mr. Boddy asking the main suspect in the scene why there was sheet music to Bethoven's 5th Symphony found in his/her chambers. This added bit in the scene would be the one clue pointing to the killer.
Michael
Mastermind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember... paragraph breaks are our friends! Wink
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen the musical except It was play, so there were no songs sung
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Remember... paragraph breaks are our friends! Wink

Sorry. I was in a hurry and din't think about indenting. I'll edit it later. Now I've got to find my script so i can summarize Act 2 Exclamation It'll turn up eventually...if not...i dunno...
ClueBoy12
Informant

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always REALLY! wanted to see the musical because i like musicals but i never have seen the one of my favorie thing...CLUE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Gatherings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: