logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huge Clue Board for sale with "Real Weapons"!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Huge Clue Board for sale with "Real Weapons"!? Reply with quote

Thought this auction had a really funny listing title:

Classic Clue 1996: Huge Board REAL WEAPONS - 100%

Can you imagine? It makes it sound like the board is at least big enough that the largest of the real weapons would fit within each room. LOL

Brings up an interesting idea for an evening of gameplay ... who has actually played with real weapons (and if so, was the revolver loaded)? Wink

But seriously about this auction, what makes the buyer think the game board is "huge"? The long box? But then why does the description say it is a "four section" game board? It actually appears to be the '92 board and I don't believe it was ever sold in a quad format.
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photograph doesn't display anything other than the board game itself, so I'm skeptical about the REAL WEAPON heading.
cacums
Ringer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) It's 1992, not 1996

2) There is nothing giant about that board

3) There is nothing real about little metal tokens that are shaped like Candlesticks, Pipes, etc.
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Huge Clue Board for sale with "Real Weapons"!? Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
Thought this auction had a really funny listing title:

Classic Clue 1996: Huge Board REAL WEAPONS - 100%

Can you imagine? It makes it sound like the board is at least big enough that the largest of the real weapons would fit within each room. LOL

Brings up an interesting idea for an evening of gameplay ... who has actually played with real weapons (and if so, was the revolver loaded)? Wink

But seriously about this auction, what makes the buyer think the game board is "huge"? The long box? But then why does the description say it is a "four section" game board? It actually appears to be the '92 board and I don't believe it was ever sold in a quad format.

So, is it ment to be big enough for people to walk on?
WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have laughed so hard if they were real weapons. Arrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: