logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saw the musical last night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Saw the musical last night Reply with quote

It was wonderful. My local highschool did clue at different libraries during the past week. The sets were mainly tables decorated to represent the rooms, but It was still good. The solution was Mr. Green with the Rope in the Kitchen, and I was one of the five people that got it right. I took detailed notes. They were selling souvenier cards for a dollar, or a whole deck of nine for $7. I bought a whole deck.

During the two intermissions, the audience could talk to other actors there and play murder in the Library. We had to figure out which storybook character killed King Henry VIII. We all thought it was Goldilocks because she was crazy, but it was actually Cinderella. I don't think anyone knew.

It was all great fun and worth the $10 admission adn $7 for a set of cards.

Hopefully the school has an archive tape of the full performance that they'll let me see. I'll have to ask the next time I'm near the school.
ProfessorPlum54
Special Investigator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you had a good time Peacock! Those cards sound interesting. Are they actually pictures of the actors put onto cards? Same thing with the rooms and weapons?

How did you like it that Boddy knew he was gonna get killed because it's a boardgame? That was one of my favorite aspects of the play.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cards are pictures of the actors. No room and weapon cards. I also got the wrong white card, but that's okay.

Having seen the show b4 and having read the script quite a few times, I still found myself amused at Boddy's positive outlook on death.
ProfessorPlum54
Special Investigator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a Mrs. White story about the musical. After the show was done, the actors came out and talked with the audience. Mrs. White is the only character I couldn't get a picture with (I think she was avoiding me). Very Happy

Was Mrs. White a male or female in the play you saw? The first time Mrs. White was a man, the second time it was female.

The Mrs. White, Colonel Mustard and Detective from the first play was in the audience for the second play (which was about a year later). I said hi to Mustard and the Detective, because I recognized them. Then some shady guy says "I was Mrs. White". I looked at him, then soon remembered that Mrs. White was a man. I said "Oh! I didn't recognize you. Then he said "Thats probably a good thing." Then we had ourselves a good chuckle. Very Happy
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw the show, it was done by a proffessional group near my Aunt's house. Their white was a man. The second performance was done by a local highschool, so it was a woman.
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of saw the musical, my friend did a play on Clue with his acting group,
but there was no songs, but it had the same story line
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Gatherings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: