Which is the best Marmalade theme?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Themes

1. Tudor Mansion
20%
2. Classic Mansion
27%
3. Hollywood Studios
No votes
4. Vampire Castle
20%
5. Snowy Peaks
No votes
6. Murder Express
20%
7. Wild West
No votes
8. Venetian Masquerade
13%
9. Sherlock
No votes
10. Tropical Island
No votes

Total votes: 15

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Re: Which is the best Marmalade theme?

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:28 pm

Tudor/Classic get the heaviest rotation from me, but my favorite overall theme has to be Murder Express. It’s a fun board to throw almost any combination of characters into, and I love the entirety of that 9-part suspect lineup.

Why no love for the Egyptian dig theme? Or just an oversight when you set up the poll?
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:30 pm

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:28 pm
Tudor/Classic get the heaviest rotation from me, but my favorite overall theme has to be Murder Express. It’s a fun board to throw almost any combination of characters into, and I love the entirety of that 9-part suspect lineup.

Why no love for the Egyptian dig theme? Or just an oversight when you set up the poll?
Oh I forgot, sorry :(
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:05 am

Oh I doubt it’s anyone’s favorite theme :lol:

It’s nice, but I’m salty that’s when they dropped the ball on sculpting custom playing pieces & just recycling existing models. :?
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Miss Amelia Peach
Snoop

Post by Miss Amelia Peach » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:23 am

You mean a re-colored Scarlett piece for Peacock, a Duchess Orchid piece for Meadowbrook, etc.?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Out of curiosity, what do you guys think is the WORST Marmalade theme?

Personally, I can find something to enjoy in all of them, but that cruise theme was such a disappointing way to end it. Pretty backgrounds can't make up for just how vapid and boring the characters are, in terms of design and personality. Lemme see what I can come up with quickly...

-Miss Scarlet, mole sent to break into Boddy's personal files, steal deed and find any dark dealings, and ultimately abotage event
-Captain Brown, salty old captain driven to drink by a bloody accident Boddy helped him cover up.
-Mrs. White, expat retiree whose home will be destroyed due to Boddy's moneygrubbing, forced way onboard to try and plead with him
-Reverend Green, former preacher and beloved southern soul singer nearly killed by Scarlet's sabotage, suspects and fears Boddy
-Dr. Orchid, furious island native and environmentalist Boddy only invited as a cynical photo-op
-Professor Plum, conman posing as intellectual to give Boddy's plan credence, slimy fugitive Boddy's been hiding from police and blackmailing for years

That's like ten minutes of rough drafting. It feels like they just phoned the theme in completely. It would've been so easy to make it work.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 am

Unfortunately there was no way they were going to use Captain Brown, as much as I would have loved that... although, maybe, they could have merged him with Brunette...