Cluedo Scouts Edition

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

Cluedo Scouts Edition

Post by ragstorichesfan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:48 am

https://shop.scouts.org.uk/christmas/scouts-cluedo

Another strange edition I stumbled upon.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: Cluedo Scouts Edition

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:30 am

Ha. Now that’s a sanitized game of Cluedo. Sadly just another cheap WinningMoves.UK edition.

coinilius
Spy

Post by coinilius » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:55 pm

That is a particularly cheap and uninteresting edition, which is a bit of a shame - I know they just churn a lot of these things out but with a little effort even the more odd themes could be made to look half-way decent

Edit: also I am sure they could have come up with a better motivation/case to solve than that

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:41 pm

It's official, Clue is dead, I've lost faith in the game

Jonathan Green
Junior Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Black wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:41 pm
It's official, Clue is dead, I've lost faith in the game
Clue is the new Monopoly.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Spy

Post by coinilius » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:15 pm

From a business perspective, I can see why they go with all these themed editions - it’s a quick and easy way to make some extra money by appealing to different fandoms and these novelty themed editions are really just that - meant to be more of a novelty.

I can get behind the themed Cluedo’s more than the themed Monopoly’s as well, as at least you can adapt the characters and locations and even the scenario to have some nice artwork and board designs - with Monopoly, I find the themed editions a lot less appealing in even a general sense as there isn’t really much scope - you need properties etc for Monopoly while you just need characters and locations for Cluedo (simplifying things here, obviously).

I guess I just avoid the themed editions on principle, unless they have an interesting new mechanic added in or I am really into the new board etc - I have the Disney themed Clue games, for instance, as I like to collect Disney theme park attraction based board games.

But yeah, some of the novelty and themed editions put in more effort than others and this Scout themed one seems to be really low effort.

Edit: Also, typing this at work on my phone so sorry if it’s all a bit stream of consciousness