Thoughts on Sir Hugh Black

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Senior Detective

Thoughts on Sir Hugh Black

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:02 pm

What's your thoughts on Mr. Boddy's shady uncle, Sir Hugh Black?
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Junior Detective

Re: Thoughts on Sir Hugh Black

Post by coinilius » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:24 am

I really like the idea of Dr Black and Mr Boddy being distinct, separate characters - I much prefer Mr Boddy as, well, the body, but I've always liked the name Dr Black and would imagine what he might look like as a Suspect in the game. In my imagination, Dr Black was always an older man, looking kind of like Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin with a thin mouth and hawkish nose, so Black being a Sir and the older Uncle of Mr Boddy seems like a natural fit for me.

Jonathan Green
Senior Detective

Re: Thoughts on Sir Hugh Black

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:35 pm

coinilius wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:24 am
I really like the idea of Dr Black and Mr Boddy being distinct, separate characters - I much prefer Mr Boddy as, well, the body, but I've always liked the name Dr Black and would imagine what he might look like as a Suspect in the game. In my imagination, Dr Black was always an older man, looking kind of like Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin with a thin mouth and hawkish nose, so Black being a Sir and the older Uncle of Mr Boddy seems like a natural fit for me.
Ditto that. I see Sir Hugh/Dr. Black being a mix of Victor S. Boddy (Clue CD-i) and Dr. David Black (Puzzle Series), just an overall jerk.
I picture him in his 50s, with gray/white streaks in his hair.
I imagine his nephew, Mr. Boddy, to be the complete opposite of him. A kind, gentle man who loves company. He's like Reginald Boddy (A.E. Parker books) and John Boddy (2000s games). He cares about his friends and treats them like family.
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en