Thoughts on Sir Hugh Black

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Investigator

Thoughts on Sir Hugh Black

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:02 pm

What's your thoughts on Mr. Boddy's shady uncle, Sir Hugh Black?
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Snoop

Re: Thoughts on Sir Hugh Black

Post by coinilius » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:24 am

I really like the idea of Dr Black and Mr Boddy being distinct, separate characters - I much prefer Mr Boddy as, well, the body, but I've always liked the name Dr Black and would imagine what he might look like as a Suspect in the game. In my imagination, Dr Black was always an older man, looking kind of like Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin with a thin mouth and hawkish nose, so Black being a Sir and the older Uncle of Mr Boddy seems like a natural fit for me.

Jonathan Green
Investigator

Re: Thoughts on Sir Hugh Black

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:35 pm

coinilius wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:24 am
I really like the idea of Dr Black and Mr Boddy being distinct, separate characters - I much prefer Mr Boddy as, well, the body, but I've always liked the name Dr Black and would imagine what he might look like as a Suspect in the game. In my imagination, Dr Black was always an older man, looking kind of like Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin with a thin mouth and hawkish nose, so Black being a Sir and the older Uncle of Mr Boddy seems like a natural fit for me.
Ditto that. I see Sir Hugh/Dr. Black being a mix of Victor S. Boddy (Clue CD-i) and Dr. David Black (Puzzle Series), just an overall jerk.
I picture him in his 50s, with gray/white streaks in his hair.
I imagine his nephew, Mr. Boddy, to be the complete opposite of him. A kind, gentle man who loves company. He's like Reginald Boddy (A.E. Parker books) and John Boddy (2000s games). He cares about his friends and treats them like family.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en