A trend with Mrs. White

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Investigator

A trend with Mrs. White

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:03 pm

I've noticed a recent trend with Mrs. White, which is not making her a maid.

Think about it...

Discover the Secrets: A forgotten child star.

Miniseries: An teenage activist.

2012/2014: A lawyer.

Clue Bingo: She looks like this;

2016 (From the concept art): Some sort of Politician or something.

Marmalade: Boddy's estranged sister.
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Snoop

Re: A trend with Mrs. White

Post by coinilius » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Personally, I prefer her as the original interpretation - an older woman and a housekeeper. The housekeeper angle adds to her character, IMO, as she is the only 'working class' character in the original set, and rounds out a nice contrast with the other female characters (including Dr Orchid) in terms of age and position. I like the idea of having more staff suspects/characters as well, like the various butler characters they've had over the years.

Jonathan Green
Investigator

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:10 pm

coinilius wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:24 pm
Personally, I prefer her as the original interpretation - an older woman and a housekeeper. The housekeeper angle adds to her character, IMO, as she is the only 'working class' character in the original set, and rounds out a nice contrast with the other female characters (including Dr Orchid) in terms of age and position. I like the idea of having more staff suspects/characters as well, like the various butler characters they've had over the years.
I actually don't mind this new trend. Mrs. White from Clue Bingo is one of my favorite Whites.
I imagine Mrs. White as Boddy's fiancee, who use to work as a maid/cook for Mrs. Peacock (Boddy's God-Mother).
But I do wish that Hasbro would have made White a celebrity chef in DTS, as a nod to her former self
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

The Late Dr Black
Snoop

Post by The Late Dr Black » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:27 pm

My favourite version of Mrs White is the one where she is Dr Black's sister with lilac gloves and a pug pooch. She seems right for a modern setting where the old Mrs White has been bumped off.

My second favourite is the original boot faced cook. She was so realistic as a character.

I loved Mrs White in the film too. Madeline Kahn was a genius. Her character seems to me to be more akin to Dr Orchid now.

coinilius
Snoop

Post by coinilius » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:26 pm

Movie Mrs White is a great character but as a kid it always annoyed me how different she was from the ‘boot faced cook’ (love that description) I was used to from the game (That’s not to say I didn’t like the movie).

Jonathan Green
Investigator

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:31 pm

coinilius wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:26 pm
Movie Mrs White is a great character but as a kid it always annoyed me how different she was from the ‘boot faced cook’ (love that description) I was used to from the game (That’s not to say I didn’t like the movie).
I too do enjoy Madeline Kahn's White, but why turning her from a maid to a black widow is something I wonder sometimes. Mrs. Peacock has always been the black widow to me.