Guess Who Clue, Hasbro mashups

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Spy

Re: Guess Who Clue, Hasbro mashups

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Ohhh I like this! I'm gonna have to pick this one up. thanks for the heads up!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:16 pm

I’ll be waiting for a sale ... lol
garrooo wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:03 pm
Just got the GuessWho/Clue mashup at ToysRUs Canada.

Kudos to alwaysPeacock and MurderByDeath for suggesting to use this card deck as an expansion for the standard game. ...
This mashup deck (with plently of extra cards with identical back side) is quite suitable for turning your standard game into a standard game + poision edition.
I like there are two sizes of cards, regular and mini — instant travel game!

So you mean the 2 extra weapons and suspects cards allow for the missing 9th room card?

And it’s very easy to scan and print the missing conservatory card art onto a sticker sheet and paste over whichever card you prefer.

My biggest complaint about contemporary games is they stopped including “spare” cards like they used to. Funny how margins are so tight on these games that spare parts are just not even a consideration.

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:50 pm

I agree on the point about companies no longer including blank cards - I always enjoyed having them, in case you needed one for something... versions of Uno have had blank special cards which encourage you to make your own rules when using them, which is a lot of fun, and the young people I work with enjoy adapting and making up new rules when we play games.

Using the extra cards to make a conservatory sounds like it would be very simple to do.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:34 pm

I just picked up the game on a Target pre-Black Friday sale for $15. It’s still a little pricey for an extra set of cards, but I now see there are lots of extra “instructional” cards that can be reused for other purposes, and even for the “bonus” cards if you use those in a clue game.

All things considered, it’s a nice collection to have, along with the option of two additional characters and weapons. But which would be the start spaces for Brunette and White if Orchid is used?

I also realized that there are enough extra cards here, that a Master Detective board could be used with these cards as well, by just adding the rooms, and extra characters, and weapons.

The game itself is a bit odd. All things considered, I’d rather not have all the hardware, and just go with a simple detective notepad — this would also make for a good travel option. There’s also too many stacks of cards, including the murder cards — a murder envelope to contain them would have helped.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:21 am

I was so excited to buy this; but while I don’t regret purchasing it, it’s way overpriced. I was gifted a knockoff version of Guess Who last Christmas with a $5 price sticker slapped on the front of the box, and the quality of it isn’t much different than this licensed mashup. I was perfectly content with the Vegas Clue parody, but I honestly feel like this mashup should only be $10 for what you get.

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:46 pm

coinilius wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:50 pm
I agree on the point about companies no longer including blank cards - I always enjoyed having them, in case you needed one for something... versions of Uno have had blank special cards which encourage you to make your own rules when using them, which is a lot of fun, and the young people I work with enjoy adapting and making up new rules when we play games.

Using the extra cards to make a conservatory sounds like it would be very simple to do.
If you like UNO with different rules, you might like to give Hot Death Uno a shot. It's a bizarre version! I have the 1990s computer version (still works) and managed to make the computer draw 69 cards on a few occasions. :lol:

During Halloween on another forum I frequent we ran a Whodunnit game which sounds much like Guess Who Clue. Per round we were given a number of suspects, victims, weapons and rooms, and through yes/no questions we had to find out who/where/what. I was thinking of running that here since it wouldn't take much (I'm here every day) and would allow anyone an opportunity at any given time.

coinilius
Junior Detective

Post by coinilius » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:57 pm

I like that idea for a forum game - a nice guessing game in the spirit of Cluedo while still being pretty accessible to everyone and easy enough to run!

EDIT: Saw this when at the shops earlier, will be going back to try and snag a copy later.