Halloween Themed Clue

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

coinilius
Spy

Halloween Themed Clue

Post by coinilius » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:18 pm

With Halloween coming up, it had me thinking about Spooky versions of Clue(do), something that the game lends itself to easily with the murders and potential for gothic mansions. I know that there has been things like the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror versions of the game, but I was thinking of something else that I don’t think has been specifically done yet - a Seance!

6 associates have gathered on the anniversary of the death of Mr Boddy in his mansion, the very mansion that he died in under mysterious circumstances. What have they gathered for? To hold a seance to summon the spirit of mr Boddy himself!

But what none of them were expecting was expecting was for it to actually work! The ghost of Mr Boddy accuses one of the gathered of being his murderer, but which one? How did they do it? And in what room? His restless spirit has sealed off the mansion and now the 6 suspects must work out all the details of the murder and accuse the killer before Mr Boddy’s revengeful spirit will let any of them leave!

Taking cues from some other versions, the centre room could become the Seance Room which you have to race to at the end to make your final accusation in the presence of Mr Boddy’s spirit. Their could be a place for Madame Rose as well as the medium who thought she was a fake but turned out to actually summon up a spirit...

Alternatively, it could be the angry ghost of Mrs White that is calling out for her killer to be found, as a joke on her current official status!

Edit: thinking more on that, I really like the idea of a ‘Who Killed Mrs White?’ game, where Mrs White is the new victim and the regular cast (with Dr Orchid) are the suspects/investigators, with or without a seance theme, it could be a fun idea.

Jonathan Green
Junior Detective

Re: Halloween Themed Clue

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:44 pm

coinilius wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:18 pm
With Halloween coming up, it had me thinking about Spooky versions of Clue(do), something that the game lends itself to easily with the murders and potential for gothic mansions. I know that there has been things like the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror versions of the game, but I was thinking of something else that I don’t think has been specifically done yet - a Seance!

6 associates have gathered on the anniversary of the death of Mr Boddy in his mansion, the very mansion that he died in under mysterious circumstances. What have they gathered for? To hold a seance to summon the spirit of mr Boddy himself!

But what none of them were expecting was expecting was for it to actually work! The ghost of Mr Boddy accuses one of the gathered of being his murderer, but which one? How did they do it? And in what room? His restless spirit has sealed off the mansion and now the 6 suspects must work out all the details of the murder and accuse the killer before Mr Boddy’s revengeful spirit will let any of them leave!

Taking cues from some other versions, the centre room could become the Seance Room which you have to race to at the end to make your final accusation in the presence of Mr Boddy’s spirit. Their could be a place for Madame Rose as well as the medium who thought she was a fake but turned out to actually summon up a spirit...

Alternatively, it could be the angry ghost of Mrs White that is calling out for her killer to be found, as a joke on her current official status!

Edit: thinking more on that, I really like the idea of a ‘Who Killed Mrs White?’ game, where Mrs White is the new victim and the regular cast (with Dr Orchid) are the suspects/investigators, with or without a seance theme, it could be a fun idea.
Reminds me of VCR game
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Spy

Post by coinilius » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:49 am

Yes the VCR game flirts with the seance concept as well, with Rose as a medium, though the VCR game is quite a bit different to a regular Clue game. The VCR is fun in its own way lol

JStryker47
Suspect

Post by JStryker47 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:14 pm

I don't know if it was actually Halloween related, but one of the Clue mystery puzzles- specifically, The Masquerade Murder, did involve the characters dressed up in costumes at a party.

http://www.theartofmurder.com/table/puz ... erade.html

coinilius
Spy

Post by coinilius » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:27 am

I believe the Marmalade Games Clue series has done a Halloween themed release as well, with costumed or monster versions of the cast.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:47 pm

As far as Haloween themes go, there's Nightmare Before Christmas, as well as the Haunted Mansion -- which indeed has a seance room. Tower of Terror likely counts, and I'd even throw Scooby Doo Clue in there as well.

Actually the Disney boards would be fun to use the regular characters with and come up with a new scenario. Except for the Mystery Machine parked out front, I think I actually prefer that mansion with the cemetery to the regular mansion. I like how run-down it feels -- like some old Mrs. Havisham character who has passed away and the heirs are gathered for a reading of the will, where murder ensues!

coinilius
Spy

Post by coinilius » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:30 am

Using the Disney boards with the regular suspects is a pretty good idea, actually - the board designs themselves on the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are quite nice, and you could probably find regular suspects and weapons to blend in.

PrinceAlarming
Spy

Post by PrinceAlarming » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:47 am

I’m working on one that arguably Halloween themed. I’m making one based off of The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell on Netflix. I bought blank cards, blank playing pieces, and a blank game board. I’m going to print out screen shots of the show on sticker paper to cut up and use to create the game.

coinilius
Spy

Post by coinilius » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:08 am

That sounds cool - hope it turns out well!

PrinceAlarming
Spy

Post by PrinceAlarming » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:19 am

coinilius wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:08 am
That sounds cool - hope it turns out well!
I think I'm going to start a thread to discuss the process of making it, along with some photos

coinilius
Spy

Post by coinilius » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:59 pm

Something like the North Pole edition of Clue but with Halloween theming would be a great little Seasonal gift, IMO, though I guess it would be about stolen halloween candy or something like that (a bit Clue Jr in the plot department).

PrinceAlarming
Spy

Post by PrinceAlarming » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:53 am

coinilius wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:59 pm
Something like the North Pole edition of Clue but with Halloween theming would be a great little Seasonal gift, IMO, though I guess it would be about stolen halloween candy or something like that (a bit Clue Jr in the plot department).
Almost sounds like The Nightmare Before Christmas, stealing Christmas. There’s a licensed Clue game of that, right?

coinilius
Spy

Post by coinilius » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 am

There is indeed,
PrinceAlarming wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:53 am
Almost sounds like The Nightmare Before Christmas, stealing Christmas. There’s a licensed Clue game of that, right?
There is indeed!

PrinceAlarming
Spy

Post by PrinceAlarming » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:56 am

Lol, I should have known that by looking at other forum threads on here