Spam Filtering

Check here for all the latest...

Moderators: Michael, Tum

Tum
Accomplice

Spam Filtering

Post by Tum » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:59 am

We're adding modifications to the site to help prevent this recent wave of spam postings. There should be no visible changes, but if you experience any problems posting, please let us know.

Thanks!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:37 am

Thank you!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:29 pm

Okay, it still doesn't seem to help.

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:00 am

Spaming? Where?
I don't seem to have a problem, but then again I stick the the Misc. threads and really don't leave it very often other than to post in here.
There comes a time in every zombie illustrator's life....
When they realize that people with crowbars, shotguns, and chainsaws aren't friends.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:01 am

Das Jabberwock wrote:Spaming? Where?
I don't seem to have a problem, but then again I stick the the Misc. threads and really don't leave it very often other than to post in here.

I take it your not a Clue fanatic. :wink: If you look in the GD area, you will find the odd disturbing post now and then.

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:05 am

Cluedokid25 wrote:
Das Jabberwock wrote:Spaming? Where?

I take it your not a Clue fanatic. :wink: If you look in the GD area, you will find the odd disturbing post now and then.
Fanatic's indeed too strong a word for my interest in it. I played it when I was little so I'm familiar with the fondness for it at least.

I'm surprised the filter on this site doesn't filter it out. I can't even say D*ck Tracy without D*ck appearing as '*beep*'. Then again they're probably prgrammed to work around the profanity filter by using other words so to speak.

EDIT: Hey, looks like the other forums I requent. XD I see the filter's catching some words. It'd be nice if they'd invent an ignore button for users like that. Once they're ignored their posts and threads are not visible to the person or persons ignoring them.
When they realize that people with crowbars, shotguns, and chainsaws aren't friends.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:14 am

That would be a good idea except for a few things.

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:12 am

Cluedokid25 wrote:That would be a good idea except for a few things.
True. It'd be really bad if they were in an rp with the person that ignored them, but that's the only bug I can think of...other than artofmurder possibly needing a seperate sister-server to run that type of programing if the one we have now isn't enough.