Clue: Will You Survive?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:27 pm

Well, It's a rather hopeless if you ask me.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:22 pm

I don't see why not, you got everything worked out to the T.
I would by one my self. And I'm sure, everyone else would as well.
Even Cluedokid could make Mint if he sells his Idea to hasbro.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:25 pm

I doubt it would work, after all, Hasbro only care about their new, modern-themed versions. Let's face it, the Clue we know is kinda coming to an end. :(

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:28 pm

I see nothing to say that it isn't modern.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:30 pm

I mean, like Habsro only want Agent Scarlet killing Agent Black at the C.L.U.E Headquaters with the pistol.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:33 pm

Cluedokid is good at pertitions.
I should know, why don't we do a pertition for Hasbro to keep Clue/do how it used to be, you never know, Poirotfrmda818's and Cluedokid's games should be selling off the selves like hot cakes.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:03 pm

I once sent in a request to Hasbro to take a look at one of the versions I made, needless to say, I never got a reply back.

Quadsworth
Slueth

Post by Quadsworth » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:27 pm

Not to burst the bubble, but it is very difficult to get a toy accepted by Hasbro. First, any patents covering the device must be acquired. In modern times, Hasbro only consults with large invention corporations, so if an independent inventor wants to hold a meeting, they must hire an agent who does such work. Even if they appear to love it at the meeting, it may still never be produced. And of course, any product must be marketably viable. Even though your game is great to those of us on the forum, the average person is not aware of these characters. The game has no electronic gimmick, making it even less likely for an impulse buy (in Hasbro's eyes). Don't get me wrong, I love your game, but Hasbro is making modern clue for a reason. It sells. Your game takes a long time and is very complicated. I think your game is fantastic, and is definitely good enough quality for a meeting prototype, but don't get your hopes up. Hasbro doesn't have enough time to pay attention to some online petition made by biased fans. They are too busy to stop and smell the roses.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Just as well, I thank everyone for their support but I am not going to send this game to Hasbro and I think Quadsworth covers basically all the reasons why.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Quadsworth wrote:Not to burst the bubble, but it is very difficult to get a toy accepted by Hasbro. First, any patents covering the device must be acquired. In modern times, Hasbro only consults with large invention corporations, so if an independent inventor wants to hold a meeting, they must hire an agent who does such work. Even if they appear to love it at the meeting, it may still never be produced. And of course, any product must be marketably viable. Even though your game is great to those of us on the forum, the average person is not aware of these characters. The game has no electronic gimmick, making it even less likely for an impulse buy (in Hasbro's eyes). Don't get me wrong, I love your game, but Hasbro is making modern clue for a reason. It sells. Your game takes a long time and is very complicated. I think your game is fantastic, and is definitely good enough quality for a meeting prototype, but don't get your hopes up. Hasbro doesn't have enough time to pay attention to some online petition made by biased fans. They are too busy to stop and smell the roses.
Well said. I sent mine in a couple of years ago, but figured for the same reasons you said, the efforts would have been fruitless. I've always said that a petition rarely gets anyone anywhere, and I can see why Hasbro especially couldn't be bothered by the signatures of 10 or 12 die hard Clue enthusiasts.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Black wrote:Cluedokid is good at pertitions.
I should know, why don't we do a pertition for Hasbro to keep Clue/do how it used to be, you never know, Poirotfrmda818's and Cluedokid's games should be selling off the selves like hot cakes.
Petitions are unfortunately ineffective. The only other forum I've been on I was on two or three years ago (you can imagine the prepubescent rants) for a great TV show called "The Class." Believe it or not, I was the number one poster for quite some time. Our forum was actually recognized by CBS, who aired the show, because several critics and such called it a cult show on a few occasions. The show as great, the critics liked it, the ratings were pretty good, but we new it was endanger of being cancelled because CBS was planning on bringing in a huge load of new shows and quite a few had to go. We petitioned for months and months, but we knew we couldn't help it. It was on the fence for CBS, but they decided to cancel it.

Another member of the forum pointed out that the show Veronica Mars was in a similar situation, but the cult fans of it pulled a huge stunt and hired a plane to fly over the headquarters of the channel with a banner.

Sorry, I got off-topic. Point is, petitions don't do much anymore.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:20 pm

You could see the point I was making, 2 perfect games that have no flaws and nothing is happen, I mean if I was one of you two I would try and do something.
I would buy both of them for sure, and I speak for all of us

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:23 pm

I know. It's a shame. However, it their games so they can decide to do whatever they want with them. It's just a big shame that Hasbro don't care about Colonel Mustard or Professor Plum anymore. All they want is some odd episode of CSI, with Plum the video game designer starting a rumour that White the actress killed the unknown millionare with a dumbell in the patio.
Last edited by Adam106 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:24 pm

I agree, The great and late Anthony Pratt must be turning in his grave, his creation has now turned into Frankenstin.

Actrully, if it's a modern Clue/do hasbro wants, then that munitzer might have a good chance, when Boddy and Mr Meadow-Brook are suspects.

cluefan8888
Gumshoe

Post by cluefan8888 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:21 pm

Can you please do a form game of this? :D(Probobolry Mini because of school....:cry:)

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:59 am

cluefan8888 wrote:Can you please do a form game of this? :D(Probobolry Mini because of school....:cry:)
http://www.boardgamesmaker.com/

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Poirotfrmda818, have you ever considered drawing the 2000s suspects like Rusty and Prince Azure in 1969 style?

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Or like Lady Oakwood, Captain Brown, and Dr. Orchid, for expansion packs

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Sir Shamrock wrote:Poirotfrmda818, have you ever considered drawing the 2000s suspects like Rusty and Prince Azure in 1969 style?
What do you mean by 1969 style? Did you mean to post this here?

http://www.theartofmurder.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3373

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Yes, I feel silly! This is my first post here. Sorry everyone :D