Post your weapon collection.

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

MrGreenJeans
Slueth

Post by MrGreenJeans » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 pm

So cool!

i would agree that the other revolver and wrench are preferable versus the original-looking versions, but either way this set is amazing. Very cool stuff man!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:27 pm

I managed to collect the weapons from Clue FX after scavenging my parents house as they are moving out.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:34 pm

Lastly I have acquired the blunderbuss.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:25 am

Here is the main weapon display. That's the last of my hunt, for now.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:00 pm

I've updated my weapon collection.

I've got a wrench that looks close to the classic American depiction, and managed to avoid getting one with a wooden handle. :) It's large, and has a nice patina to it. Great condition.

I also got a real lead pipe. I managed to find a rare entry on Ebay of someone selling an industrial pipe from the 1900's. I got it, and discovered it was gigantic, like something you'd find in a factory. I spent the better part of an evening out in the cold, cutting it down to the size needed, and reshaping it.

Here they are with the other main six. I suppose if I found it to be too long, I could shorten one of the ends, but it's probably fine.

This is how the pipe originally looked like. Awkward to carry is putting it lightly.

Also, made this set of cards, using my weapons

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:14 am

Those look like genuine Clue cards! Amazing!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:43 pm

amazing! A++
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:26 pm

I commend you on your proper revolver. It's staggering to me that it took so long to get the right kind of gun to represent the revolver label they used from day one. But I've never been a fan of the pepperbox revolver either.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:32 pm

Murder by Death wrote:I commend you on your proper revolver. It's staggering to me that it took so long to get the right kind of gun to represent the revolver label they used from day one. But I've never been a fan of the pepperbox revolver either.

Does a pepperbox even revolve? Or is the chamber stationary as it projects six bullets at a time? As far as I know, it's just a another pistol.

EDIT

Yes, it does appear to rotate in videos I've seen.

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm

It's almost ready :wink:

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Re: Post your weapon collection.

Post by Sir Shamrock » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Alright, a year latter and I'm all ready. Here it is!

Candlesticks
The ones on the left and right were found at a flea market in Ohio, they are the official Candlesticks used in the 1972 edition. They are called "The Diamond Prince". The one in the center was found in The Salvation Army, and used in a play I was in. The director knew how much I love Clue and gave it to me.

Wrenches
Most of these Wrenches were found at various estate sales over the years. The one on the left is the same model used in the 1972 games. It is a Ridgid brand Wrench. The one next to it is the same brand, but all gray to represent the other editions. The second and third from the right came from cleaning my Grandparents' garage. They are similar to the Cluedo spanner and the Wrench in the train theme in the Clue app.

Lead Pipes
These pipes came from, again, cleaning my Grandparent's garage. Some of these were much longer and needed to be cut into three different pieces. Most pipes serve a different purpose. The two on the left are for classic Clue and Master Detective, and the fifth from the left is for the computer game. You'll probably notice that most of them don't have the iconic bent. Apparently bending pipes are really hard. This pipe was hit with hammers, saws, rocks, and a baseball bat, and only had some dents to show for it.

Ropes
The first five pieces of Rope came from a 100 ft piece from Michaels. Each Rope is tied in a way from each game, classic, Cluedo, Master Detective, short, and 1963. The last piece is from, you guessed it, Grandma and Grandpa's garage.

Knives
Again, most of these Knives were found at estate sales and Church rummage sales. There's the Dagger, then the one next to that is a similar model to the 1949 edition. Afterwords the rest of the Knives come from different descriptions from the books and puzzles.

Revolver
This is a Nerf Gun

FX Set
Everything here were fixed up from estate sales and the bucket came from the garage.

Master Detective Expansion
These are different "Poison" bottles for Master Detective. If you'll notice the Horseshoe, it is much bigger than the FX one. This is a game Horseshoe while the other is a horse Horseshoe.

DVD Items
These are books that resemble the Antique Book from the DVD game. Not exact but pretty close I believe.

DTS
These are some of the weapons from Discover the Secrets. I imagined that instead of an Oscar like trophy, it would be for a Trophy for a big game. The Bat came from the garage, and accidentally cracked when trying to bend the pipes. Missing the Dumbbell now.

"Clue Jr."
These are weapons that are much smaller than its counter parts. I like to call them the "Lil' Stinkers" or the "Clue Jr. weapons". Bet you would never guess where the right three came from.

Master Detective Set
These are the best of the best for playing Clue Master Detective.

Clue Set
These are the best of the best for playing Clue.

Extras
A few days after I took all these photos, a trip to The Salvation Army and Grandma's and Grandpa's garage lead to these treasures. The Candlesticks and Spanners are like the Cluedo ones. That was a really nice surprise!

All Together
Here's the entire gang :D

Now this collection took a few years to set up, starting with the Candlestick from the play three years ago. I have several estate sales, Churches, and cleaning my Grandparent's garage to thank for all of this. This has been really fun to find and display, and there's still more to look for (DTS, Patent, DVD items, spin-offs...). But anyway thanks for listening everyone!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:19 pm

Nice collection. :) You need to invest in a real gun. Are those pipes real lead? (Or some of them)

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:40 pm

CluedoKid wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:19 pm
Nice collection. :) You need to invest in a real gun. Are those pipes real lead? (Or some of them)
Aw thanks :D . Yeah a real gun would be cool, but they're so hard to come by, oh well. And most of the pipes are steel I believe, I'm not the best at metal identification.

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:54 pm

I have a pipe. It's made of steel through, got it from Plumbing Class.
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:06 am

Very nice collection! A great assortment for mixing and matching the sets! Go get yourself a water gun and paint it. My first "Revolver" was one of those 6 cylinder cap guns that I spray painted all black ;)

I haven't updated my collection since 2014 when I snagged the Pepperbox Revolver.

Looking to get a Prince of Diamonds Candlestick in the near future. Perhaps a coarser Rope too.

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm

cacums wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:06 am
Go get yourself a water gun and paint it. My first "Revolver" was one of those 6 cylinder cap guns that I spray painted all black ;)
That is clever! Another project for the future

That's a nice collection you got there yourself. That Revolver really puts it all together

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:13 am

My lead pipe has gotten a nice grimy looking texture from oxidization over time. It used to be more shiny before when I was working it into shape.