post-2002 clue chronology

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

chaostheory1489
Private Eye

post-2002 clue chronology

Post by chaostheory1489 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:20 am

i tried making a page on wikipedia detailing the chronological events of Clue, Clue FX, Clue Mysteries, Clue DVD, and the Clue website, but for some reason the page got deleted. so since i worked hours on it, i'm going to post it here, and if someone else wants to try to make a page for it, go right ahead.

Pre-Games

November 1, 1862: Blanche White (nee Chaulkley) born

April 24, 1864: Sir Hugh Black born

1864: Rusty Nayler born

October 3, 1864: Michael Mustard born

September 12, 1865: Reginald Cyngen Ashe born

August 12, 1871: John Green born

c. 1872: Col. Mustard gets sent to military school at age 8 after getting into a fight

January 5, 1877: Patricia Peacock (nee Gobelin) born

c. 1878: Mrs. White's parents die when she's 16 years old

1881: Alfred Grey born

1881: Jane Meadow-Brook born

October 31, 1884: Inspector Winfield Brown born

c. 1886: Sir Hugh Black's parents divorce when he's 22 years old

1888: Col. Mustard recieves his first commission, joins the Tigers, and meets fellow officer Hugh Black

January 15, 1888: Peter Plum born

1889: Mrs. Peacock moves to London

???? (between 1886 and 1892): Sir Hugh Black's father dies on safari in Africa

1892: Margaret Black marries Samuel Boddy, an American

June 1, 1892: Philippe Azure born

1893: Mrs. Peacock has a debutante ball at Almack's Assembly Rooms

June 18, 1896: John Boddy born

July 4, 1896: Su Sian Lavender born

c. 1897: Lord Grey is hired by Sir Hugh Black to design the south garden greenhouse at age 16

1898: Mrs. Peacock moves to America

????: Mrs. Peacock is alleged to have an affair with a married businessman who ends up murdered

1900: Mrs. Peacock befriends Margaret Boddy, moves back to England, meets Sir Hugh Black, and marries James Scarlet

July 16, 1901: Josephine Scarlet born

1903: James Scarlet dies by falling down the stairs

1903: Winslow White, Mrs. White's husband and Sir Hugh Black's chauffeur, dies on his birthday

1903: Amelia Peach born

1904: John Boddy's parents disappear in Egypt when he's 8 years old

1910: Mrs. Peacock marries Ernest Zaffer

1911: Ernest Zaffer dies by falling off a balcony in Italy

1914: Col. Mustard promoted to Colonel and assigned to Military Intelligence in the cartographic division

WWI: Lord Grey works in Military Intelligence in the cartographic division

November 11, 1914: Sir Hugh Black dies on a fishing trip in Scotland

1915: Mrs. Peacock marries Sir Matthew Peacock, a barrister

c. 1918: Col. Mustard retires from the military and starts writing a book about his military career

1923: Prof. Plum gets a job at the British Museum

1924: Miss Scarlet understudies in a play for Miss Peach's mother.

1924: Miss Scarlet moves to Hollywood

1924: Prof. Plum dismissed from British Museum for alleged plagiarism

1925: Miss Scarlet moves back to England

Clue Mysteries

June 1925: Prof. Plum is hired as a live-in curator at a Hampshire castle

June 1, 1925: A gala party is held to introduce Prince Azure to the people of Hampshire on his birthday.

June 3, 1925: Mrs. Peacock held a fundraiser at the Hampshire Theatre to help restore it.

June 4, 1925: Col. Mustard and Mrs. Peacock plan to go out on a date, but don't get to because Mustard's tires are slashed.

June 5, 1925: Miss Scarlet finds a tabloid detailing why she was expelled from Madame Puce's School for Girls.

June 6, 1925: Col. Mustard starts to write his memoirs, only to discover one of his rare African books is missing.

June 7, 1925: Rev. Green held mass at church, and then later discovered that the donation money was stolen.

June 9, 1925: Mrs. Peacock reported to Inspector Brown that an Oriental vase belonging to her second husband had been stolen and replaced with a fake.

June 12, 1925: Mrs. Meadow-Brook holds a seance and invites all the women of Hampshire.

June 13, 1925: Rusty asks Inspector Brown to search for a stray cat.

June 14, 1925: Miles Meadow-Brook discovers that someone tried to steal Sir Hugh Black's will.

June 15, 1925: Mr. Boddy pays 1000 pounds in return for a map that he and Prof. Plum had long been searching for, and Mr. Boddy sees Mr. Meadow-Brook about Sir Hugh Black's will.

June 16, 1925: Someone steals a letter Miss Scarlet had been writing for the past few days.

June 17, 1925: Lady Lavender sends various herbal potions and exotic plants to Tudor Mansion, which are planted by Rusty.

June 18, 1925: Mr. Boddy's 29th birthday party. Rusty wakes up at 5 AM and discovers that someone has vandalized one of the flower gardens

June 20, 1925: Mrs. Peacock finds that her debutante tiara is missing

June 23, 1925: Mrs. White finds that someone has tampered with her stew

June 24, 1925: Rusty finds that someone has stolen the exotic plants and replaced them with roses.

June 25, 1925: Rev. Green asks Mr. Boddy for a donation, and his car gets bashed in on the drivers' side.

June 27, 1925: Mr. Boddy finds Mrs. White unconscious and asks Inspector Brown to see if the tea had been tampered with.

June 28, 1925: Rusty finds that his workshed has been messed up and all his tools have been stolen, including his shears.

July 1, 1925: Miss Peach has plans to meet some of Prof. Plum's former students, but he cancels when he thinks someone has tampered with the castle's water pipes.

July 3, 1925: The Hampshire postman discovers his bike stolen after delivering mail to Prof. Plum.

July 4, 1925: Lady Lavender celebrates her birthday with some friends and discovers that someone broke in to her herbal shop.

July 4, 1925: Prof. Plum hosts a c0cktail party and tour of his castle.

July 5, 1925: Prof. Plum notices that one of the African artifacts had been replaced with a fake.

July 6, 1925: Mr. Meadow-Brook asks Inspector Brown to investigate a series of letters being sent to him and Mr. Boddy libeling former friends of Sir Hugh Black.

July 7, 1925: Col. Mustard was sprayed with a hose on his front doorstep.

July 8, 1925: Col. Mustard hosts a party to celebrate Prof. Plum's article; Prince Azure gets poisoned.

July 10, 1925: Prof. Plum thought he heard someone whispering to him during the night about his map.

July 11, 1925: Prince Azure holds an open house showcasing his antiques, and finds one of his military medals missing

July 12, 1925: After returning from the club, Col. Mustard discovers that his manuscript has been stolen.

July 13, 1925: Fliers start appearing around Hampshire warning people not to donate money to Reverend Green's church.

July 14, 1925: Someone rearranged the name cards before dinner, causing chaos.

July 15, 1925: Mr. Boddy found that someone had forged his name and withdrew a large sum of money from his bank account.

July 16, 1925: Miss Scarlet got a ruby necklace from her boyfriend, and she felt like she was being followed.

July 17, 1925: Col. Mustard finds that his revolver is missing.

July 18, 1925: Lord Grey discovers that someone vandalized his water garden blueprints, causing him to lose the Earl of Nottingham as a client.

July 19, 1925: Col. Mustard borrows a boat from Mr. Boddy and goes on a date with Mrs. Peacock, but someone sabotaged the boat.

July 20, 1925: Prof. Plum asks Inspector Brown to investigate odd letters regarding the secret tomb.

July 23, 1925: Prof. Plum finds that his racquet is missing from the Tudor Mansion equipment shed.

July 24, 1925: Mr. Boddy planned a dinner to talk to everyone about the will, but Mrs. White suddenly got sick so the dinner had to be postponed.

July 25, 1925: Mr. Boddy asks Inspector Brown to investigate a strange boy lurking around Tudor Mansion.

July 26, 1925: Rusty finds that his favorite horse had been ridden recently, not brushed down, and was missing a shoe.

July 29, 1925: Miss Scarlet discovers that her ruby necklace has been replaced with a fake.

August 1, 1925: Several Hampshire residents start receiving fliers asking them to donate to local schools.

August 2, 1925: Mr. Meadow-Brook asks Inspector Brown to investigate a secret admirer letter that he received.

August 3, 1925: Mrs. Peacock realizes that someone has switched her purse with another one and stolen her address book.

August 4, 1925: Mrs. Peacock's diary is stolen.

August 5, 1925: Prof. Plum finds that Mr. Boddy's Thomas Gainsborough painting has been switched with a fake.

August 6, 1925: Mrs. Meadow-Brook overhears that her husband is being sued by Mr. Boddy.

August 7, 1925: Mr. Meadow-Brook notices that some pages are missing from Sir Hugh Black's will.

Clue FX

August 8, 1925: Miles Meadow-Brook visits Sir Hugh Black at Tudor Mansion to discuss a changing of the will and is murdered somewhere on the mansion grounds.

Clue DVD

August-September 1925: To help him get over Mr. Meadow-Brook's death, Mr. Boddy took a long vacation to Monte Carlo, Paris, Greece, and other places.

September 1925: "The Monte Carlo Affair"

September 1925: "A Garden Party"

October 1925: "A Bad Sport"

October 1925: "The Hunt"

November 1925: "The Autumn Leaves"

January 1926: "The Costume Party"

March 1926: "Spring Cleaning

April 21, 1926: "A Princess is Born", and Princess Elizabeth is born

May 1926: "A Grand Ball"

May 1926: "The Last Straw"

Clue

June 5, 1926: John Boddy (aka Dr. Black) invites former associates of the late Sir Hugh Black to Tudor Mansion to investigate mysterious "allowances" and is murdered.

Unplaceable Items

Some pieces of information are official, but as they were not given a specific date or a clear enough reference point, they cannot be placed in the timeline. Those items will be addressed here.

The year Mr. Boddy was sent to live with Sir Hugh Black

The years Mr. Boddy was studying anthropology

The year Mr. Boddy earned his doctorate at St. Hugh's College, Oxford

The year Mr. Boddy returned to Tudor Mansion and fired the whole staff except for Mrs. White, Rusty, and Ashe

The year Margaret and Samuel Boddy found the secret map

The birthdates of Mrs. White's 3 brothers and sisters

The year Mrs. White moved from Scotland to England

The year Mrs. White married Winslow White

The year Captain Mustard (Col. Mustard's father) was killed

The year Col. Mustard is transferred to a signals unit in the Royal Engineers after an incident where an enlisted man got shot

The year Chauncey Plum (Prof. Plum's father) died at sea, causing Prof. Plum and Celeste Plum to return to England

The year Prof. Plum graduated from Oxford

The year Prof. Plum got a university appointment as Professor of Ancient Mid-Eastern Culture

The year Prof. Plum travelled back to Egypt to find one of his father's old business partners, only to find that he had died and sold all of his belongings to Sir Hugh Black

The year Prof. Plum returned to England and met Sir Hugh Black, which led to funded archaeological expeditions in Egypt

The year Prof. Plum published his controversial paper

The year Rev. Green's father was jailed for stealing from the collection plate

The year Rev. Green started preaching

The year Rev. Green first met Sir Hugh Black

The year Rev. Green caught Sir Hugh Black in an illegal business practice

The year Mrs. Peacock's father died in the Pyrenees

The year Mrs. Peacock had an affair with two political figures

The year Sir Matthew Peacock died by falling overboard in the Lake District

The year Miss Scarlet was expelled from Madame Puce's School for Girls

The year Prince Azure and Colonel Mustard had a falling out over an antique gun collection

The year Lord Grey was expelled from the Royal Art Institute

The year Miss Peach's father lost his fortune

The year Miss Peach quit law school

The year Miss Peach's fiance ran off with her best friend

The year Miss Peach moved to London

The years Rusty served under Col. Mustard in the Hampshire Regiment

The year Sir Laurence Lavender died

Discrepencies

As with any continuity, sometimes there will be chronological errors. Those errors will be addressed here.

The newspapers on both the Clue and Clue FX boxes give the date as Monday, June 7, 1926.

On Hasbro's Clue website, Sir Hugh Black's death year is given as 1918, but on the same page it says that he dies when he's 50 and at the start of WWI, which would make it 1914.

In both Clue and Clue Mysteries, Miss Scarlet's age is listed as 25, even though Clue Mysteries takes place at least a year before Clue.

Clue DVD takes place between September 1925 and May 1926 (the cover of the instruction booklet confirms it), which would make "The Last Straw" take place in May. However, in "The Last Straw" Inspector Brown says the events are taking place a week before Mr. Boddy's birthday, and if it took place in May it would take place almost 3 weeks before his birthday at the least.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:28 am

As with the rest of the crap Hasbro has written us, I would jsut rightfully ignore it.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Re: post-2002 clue chronology

Post by Jonathan Green » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Wait wait wait. Boddy was born on the 18th of June? I always thought he was born on 5th June?! Am I the only one who thought that?
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

PrinceAlarming
Snoop

Post by PrinceAlarming » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm

This is amazing, piecing all of this together. It’s a shame it was taken down when this must have taken real dedication to map out.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:06 pm

I'm currently recreating this on my Tumblr.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am

Just finished the Pre-Game stuff, currently working on the Clue Mysteries section.

PrinceAlarming
Snoop

Post by PrinceAlarming » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 am

Jonathan Green wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:06 pm
So many people I know got rid of Tumblr with their new regulations :?

Sorry I don't mean that to discourage your efforts, it's just sad the way things played out with Tumblr

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:20 am

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 am
Jonathan Green wrote:

Sorry I don't mean that to discourage your efforts, it's just sad the way things played out with Tumblr
The main use of my Tumblr is show how I imagine Clue.
Read this to get you started: https://davidrodriguezartsblog.tumblr.c ... ell-estate

BBP
Junior Detective

Post by BBP » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Jonathan Green wrote:

You tellin' me. I'm rather prudish by nature and have always had the mature filter turned on.
I've just had my best-liked post banned by algorithm. I protested it, but my appeal was rejected and now it is hidden.

The kicker? The post was a bunch of screenshots from a music video, all depicting artworks. I specifically made that to increase art awareness. :shock:
To add insult to injury I got quite a derogative standard e-mail from Tumblr.

PrinceAlarming
Snoop

Post by PrinceAlarming » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Jonathan Green wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:20 am
PrinceAlarming wrote:
Jonathan Green wrote:

The main use of my Tumblr is show how I imagine Clue.
Read this to get you started: https://davidrodriguezartsblog.tumblr.c ... ell-estate
Interesting approach to having the murder take place in the year 2026. It was quite interesting to me imagining characters like Prof Plum and Dr Orchid to be younger me, suspected of murder 7 years in the future. It does go to show how timeless Clue can be with a bit of tweaking to the characters without needing to redefine them very much.

The way I see Clue is in a more fluid state. Characters like Miss Peach, Sgt. Grey, Lady Lavender, Rusty Nayler, etc can fade in and out of existence without explanation depending on the setting which can be repeatedly reset. I'm currently working on a fan fiction using the 10 suspects from Clue Master Detective to recreate the plot of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, changing the original title from Ten Little Indians to Ten Little Suspects. Rusty Nayler makes a cameo in the beginning, followed by Dr. Orchid and Mr Ashe the butler being discussed by the main cast. They have all gathered at Tudor Mansion for the reading of Mr Boddy's will, and soon find themselves stranded on the estate when a storm washes away the bridge similar to the Clue VHS game. One by the one they're killed off, with everyone frantically accusing each other of being the murderer and arguing over the motive for wanting everyone present to be killed. Each Clue suspect replaces a character from And Then There Were None being murdered in the same order hitting the similar beats to Agatha Christie's story. The sad part about this is that in finding the perfect Clue suspect to replace each character, some of my favorite Clue characters are killed off sooner than I'd like them to be in the story, but the whole premise is melding the two together without completely changing it so I'm just going to have to suck it up. Although I have taken some creative liberty with the romance subplot. Instead of Philip Lombard (Mr Green) and Vera Claythorne (Miss Peach) becoming romantically involved, I swapped out Vera with Dr. Armstrong (Prof Plum).

PrinceAlarming
Snoop

Post by PrinceAlarming » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:38 pm

BBP wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:01 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote:
Jonathan Green wrote:

You tellin' me. I'm rather prudish by nature and have always had the mature filter turned on.
I've just had my best-liked post banned by algorithm. I protested it, but my appeal was rejected and now it is hidden.

The kicker? The post was a bunch of screenshots from a music video, all depicting artworks. I specifically made that to increase art awareness. :shock:
To add insult to injury I got quite a derogative standard e-mail from Tumblr.
Outwardly I can be a bit prudish but try to remain open and respectful of those who are more unabashedly proud to share adult content. I'll admit though that privately I did use Tumblr to explore certain things that I wouldn't share with anyone else because doing would just be inappropriate. So it took away a resource of guilty pleasures for me. I didn't delete or abandon Tumblr but I find myself using it far less than I used to.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 pm

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:28 pm
I'm currently working on a fan fiction using the 10 suspects from Clue Master Detective to recreate the plot of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, changing the original title from Ten Little Indians to Ten Little Suspects.
That's NOT the original title ... different times ...

PrinceAlarming
Snoop

Post by PrinceAlarming » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:28 pm
I'm currently working on a fan fiction using the 10 suspects from Clue Master Detective to recreate the plot of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, changing the original title from Ten Little Indians to Ten Little Suspects.
That's NOT the original title ... different times ...
Oh, I looked it up and you're right. I thought it was originally Ten Little Indians. My first copy of the book that was printed before I was born used Indians. Well, either way the title of Ten Little _______ is politically incorrect whether using Indians or the N word. As you said, different times.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:20 pm

I'm posting the timeline right here.
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Part 1 - Pre-Game

Nov. 1st, 1862: Mrs. Blanche White (nee Chalkley) is born.

April 24, 1864: Sir Hugh Black is born.

1864: Rusty Nayler is born.

Oct. 3, 1864: Michael Mustard is born.

Sept. 12, 1865: Reginald Cyngen Ashe is born.

Aug. 12, 1871: John Green is born.

c. 1872: Michael Mustard gets sent to military school at age 8 after getting into a fight.

Jan. 5, 1877: Patricia Peacock (nee Gobelin) is born.

c. 1878: Blanche Chalkley's parents die when she’s 16 years old.

1881: Alfred Grey is born.

Jane Meadow-Brook is born.

c. 1883: Mr. Green’s father is sent to prison after being caught stealing from the collection plate.

12-year-old John Green starts preaching.

Oct. 31, 1884: Inspector Winfield Brown is born.

c. 1886: Sir Hugh’s parents get a divorce when he’s 22 years old.

“Old Black”, Hugh’s father, goes on safari.

Jan. 15, 1888: Peter Plum is born.

1888: Col. Mustard receives his first commission, joins the Tigers, and meets Sir Hugh, a fellow officer Hugh Black.

1889: Mrs. Peacock moves to London from Italy with her mother.

(Between 1877 and 1898) : Mr. Gobelin dies during a hiking trip in the Pyrenees.

(Between 1886 and 1892): “Old Black” is killed by Col. Mustard during an African safari.

1892: Margaret Black, Hugh’s sister, marries an American journalist named Samuel Boddy.

June 1, 1892: Prince Philippe Azure is born.

1839: Patricia Gobelin has a debutante ball at Almack’s Assembly Rooms.

June 18, 1896: John Boddy, the son of Margaret Black and Samuel Boddy, is born.

July 4, 1896: Su Sian Lavender is born.

c. 1897: At age 16, Lord Grey is hired by Sir Hugh Black to design the south garden greenhouse.

18xx (Between 1889 and 1898): Patricia’s affair with two political figures.

1898: Patricia Gobelin moves to the United States.

(Between 1898 and 1900): Patricia Gobelin is alleged to have an affair with a married businessman who ends up being shot by his own wife.

1900: Patricia Gobelin meets Margaret Black-Boddy.

Patricia Gobelin moves back to England.

Sir Hugh and Patricia Gobelin meet.

Patricia Gobelin marries James Scarlett.

July 16, 1901: Josephine Scarlett, daughter of Mrs. Patricia Scarlett) is born.

1903: James Scarlett dies from falling down the stairs.

Winslow White, Blanche’s husband and Sir Hugh’s chauffeur, dies on his birthday after his birthday feast.

Amelia Peach is born.

1904: Margaret Black-Boddy and Samuel Boddy disappear in Egypt, after finding a secret map.

John Boddy is adopted by his uncle Sir Hugh Black and moves to Tudor Mansion.

John Boddy is sent to boarding school.

c. 1906: Peter Plum enters Oxford University.

1910: Mrs. Scarlett marries Ernest Zaffer.

1911: Mr. Zaffer dies by falling off the balcony in Italy.

1914: June 28: World War 1 begins.

191x (Between 1915 and 1919): Miss Scarlett is expelled from Madame Puce’s School for Girls.

Michael Mustard promoted to Colonel and assigned to Military Intelligence in the cartographic division.

Lord Grey is was expelled from the Royal Art Institute.

Lord Grey works in Military Intelligence in the cartographic division

Nov. 11: Sir Hugh is drown by Patricia Zaffer during a fishing trip in Scotland.

1915: Mrs. Zaffer marries Sir Matthew Peacock, a barrister.

Sir Matthew falls overboard at the Lake District

Col. Mustard is transferred to a signals unit in the Royal Engineers after an incident where an enlisted man got shot.

November 11, 1918: World War 1 ends.

c. 1918: Col. Mustard retires from the military and starts writing his memoirs about his military career.

Peter Plum graduates from Oxford University.

John Boddy enters St. John College, Oxford.

Cluedo Party: Tudor Mansion Edition: During Sir Hugh’s will reading, his lawyer Vincent Matin is killed.

1920: John Boddy receives his doctorate in anthropology from St. John, Oxford.

(Between 1920 and 1921): Miss Peach's father loses his fortune, causing Amelia Peach to leave law school.

Amelia Peach's fiance runs off with Peach's best friend.

Peach moves to London.

Boddy returns to Tudor Mansion and fires the staff expect Mrs. White, Rusty Nayler, and Reginald Ashe.

1923: Professor Plum is hired by the British Museum.

Plum publish his controversial paper.

Peter Plum is appointed as Professor of Ancient Mid-Eastern Culture.

1924: Miss Scarlett plays understudy from Miss Peach’s mother.

Miss Scarlett moves to Hollywood.

Professor Plum is dismissed from the British Museum for alleged plagiarism.

1925: Miss Scarlett moves back to England.
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Post by Sir Shamrock » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:22 pm

This is all really good!

Now if you squint a little, you can add a few more items here:

August 1925-May 1926: The events of Clue Code-Breaking Puzzles

December 24 1925: Christmas at the Mansion (missing Clue DVD case)

March/April 1926: A Dark and Stormy Night (missing Clue DVD case)

June 4, 1926: A slice of cake goes missing (Clue Jr. The Case of the Missing Chocolate Cake)

June 5, 1926: The events of Clue Suspects/Mr. Boddy is killed in the Billiard Room with the Lead Pipe

June 6, 1926: The murderer flees Tudor Mansion to a famous landmark (Clue Card Game)

July 1926: The reading of the will (Clue VCR)

July 1928: The suspects flee from Inspector Pry (Clue VCR II)

December 30, 1938: "The Inn at Death's Door" (prequel to Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion)

December 31, 1938: Clue Chronicles: Fatal Illusion

January 1939 and onward: Clue Chronicles II and III (canceled)

Misc.
Summer 1920s: Clue Master Detective
Clue Great Museum Caper (the guests had lasagna for dinner)
(one year before CGMC) Mr. Boddy pranks Col. Mustard on his "ha-ha" lawn
A. E. Parker's Clue Book series
Super Cluedo Challenge
Cluedo Super Sluth
Passport to Murder
Mystery at Sea
Armchair Detective
Cluedo Book Series

I know this isn't as organized and accurate as the original one, but it was fun to make. I'll come back with more details later.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:37 am

Part 2 - Clue Mysteries

The Summer of 1925 - Crimes in Hampshire

Professor Plum is hired by as a live-in curator at a Hampshire castle.

- June 1: A gala party is held to introduce Prince Azure to the people of Hampshire on his birthday.

- June 3: Mrs. Peacock held a fundraiser to help restore the Hampshire Theatre.

- June 4: Col. Mustard and Mrs. Peacock plan to go out on a date, but don’t get to because Mustard’s tires are slashed.

- June 5: Miss Scarlet finds a tabloid detailing why she was expelled from Madame Puce’s School for Girls.

- June 6: Col. Mustard starts to write his memoirs, only to discover one of his rare African books is missing.

- June 7: The Rev. Mr. Green held mass at church, and then later discovered that the donation money was stolen.

- June 9: Mrs. Peacock reported to Inspector Brown that an Oriental vase belonging to her second husband, Mr. Zaffer, had been stolen and replaced with a fake.

- June 12: Mrs. Meadow-Brook holds a seance and invites all the women of Hampshire.

- June 13: Rusty asks Inspector Brown to search for a stray cat.

- June 14: Miles Meadow-Brook discovers that someone tried to steal Sir Hugh Black’s will.

- June 15: Mr. Boddy pays 1000 pounds in return for a map that he and Prof. Plum had long been searching for, and Mr. Boddy sees Mr. Meadow-Brook about Sir Hugh Black’s will.

- June 16, 1925: Someone steals a letter Miss Scarlet had been writing for the past few days.

- June 17, 1925: Lady Lavender sends various herbal potions and exotic plants to Tudor Mansion, which are planted by Rusty.

- June 18, 1925: Mr. Boddy’s 29th birthday party. Rusty wakes up at 5 AM and discovers that someone has vandalized one of the flower gardens

- June 20, 1925: Mrs. Peacock finds that her debutante tiara is missing

- June 23, 1925: Mrs. White finds that someone has tampered with her stew

- June 24, 1925: Rusty finds that someone has stolen the exotic plants and replaced them with roses.

- June 25, 1925: Rev. Green asks Mr. Boddy for a donation, and his car gets bashed in on the drivers’ side.

- June 27, 1925: Mr. Boddy finds Mrs. White unconscious and asks Inspector Brown to see if the tea had been tampered with.

- June 28, 1925: Rusty finds that his workshed has been messed up and all his tools have been stolen, including his shears.

- July 1, 1925: Miss Peach has plans to meet some of Prof. Plum’s former students, but he cancels when he thinks someone has tampered with the castle’s water pipes.

- July 3, 1925: The Hampshire postman discovers his bike stolen after delivering mail to Prof. Plum.

- July 4, 1925: Lady Lavender celebrates her birthday with some friends and discovers that someone broke in to her herbal shop.

Prof. Plum hosts a c*cktail party and tour of his castle.

- July 5, 1925: Prof. Plum notices that one of the African artifacts had been replaced with a fake.

- July 6, 1925: Mr. Meadow-Brook asks Inspector Brown to investigate a series of letters being sent to him and Mr. Boddy libeling former friends of Sir Hugh Black.

- July 7, 1925: Col. Mustard was sprayed with a hose on his front doorstep.

- July 8, 1925: Col. Mustard hosts a party to celebrate Prof. Plum’s article; Prince Azure gets poisoned.

- July 10, 1925: Prof. Plum thought he heard someone whispering to him during the night about his map.

- July 11, 1925: Prince Azure holds an open house showcasing his antiques, and finds one of his military medals missing

- July 12, 1925: After returning from the club, Col. Mustard discovers that his manuscript has been stolen.

- July 13, 1925: Fliers start appearing around Hampshire warning people not to donate money to Reverend Green’s church.

- July 14, 1925: Someone rearranged the name cards before dinner, causing chaos.

- July 15, 1925: Mr. Boddy found that someone had forged his name and withdrew a large sum of money from his bank account.

- July 16, 1925: Miss Scarlet got a ruby necklace from her boyfriend, and she felt like she was being followed.

- July 17, 1925: Col. Mustard finds that his revolver is missing.

- July 18, 1925: Lord Grey discovers that someone vandalized his water garden blueprints, causing him to lose the Earl of Nottingham as a client.

- July 19, 1925: Col. Mustard borrows a boat from Mr. Boddy and goes on a date with Mrs. Peacock, but someone sabotaged the boat.

- July 20, 1925: Prof. Plum asks Inspector Brown to investigate odd letters regarding the secret tomb.

- July 23, 1925: Prof. Plum finds that his racquet is missing from the Tudor Mansion equipment shed.

- July 24, 1925: Mr. Boddy planned a dinner to talk to everyone about the will, but Mrs. White suddenly got sick so the dinner had to be postponed.

- July 25, 1925: Mr. Boddy asks Inspector Brown to investigate a strange boy lurking around Tudor Mansion.

- July 26, 1925: Rusty finds that his favorite horse had been ridden recently, not brushed down, and was missing a shoe.

- July 29, 1925: Miss Scarlet discovers that her ruby necklace has been replaced with a fake.

- August 1, 1925: Several Hampshire residents start receiving fliers asking them to donate to local schools.

- August 2, 1925: Mr. Meadow-Brook asks Inspector Brown to investigate a secret admirer letter that he received.

- August 3, 1925: Mrs. Peacock realizes that someone has switched her purse with another one and stolen her address book.

- August 4, 1925: Mrs. Peacock’s diary is stolen.

- August 5, 1925: Prof. Plum finds that Mr. Boddy’s Thomas Gainsborough painting has been switched with a fake.

- August 6, 1925: Mrs. Meadow-Brook overhears that her husband is being sued by Mr. Boddy.

- August 7, 1925: Mr. Meadow-Brook notices that some pages are missing from Sir Hugh Black’s will.
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jonathan Green
Slueth

Post by Jonathan Green » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Part 3

Clue FX

- August 8th, 1925: Mr. John Boddy hosts a garden party at Tudor Mansion. His lawyer Miles Meadow-Brook comes to see him to discuss the will, only to be murdered on the mansion's grounds.

Clue DVD Board Game

Early August-Early September: To help him get over Mile's death, Mr. Boddy took a long holiday to the Mediterranean (Monte Carlo, Paris, Greece, etc.)

- "The Monte Carlo Affair" - Early September 1925: Mr. Boddy returns from his holiday from the Mediterranean.

- "The Garden Party" - Late September 1925: Mr. Boddy hosts a garden party to celebrate the end of summer.

- "A Bad Sport" - Early October 1925: Mr. Boddy hosts a "Day of Sports".

- "The Hunt" - Mid-October 1925: The annual Hampshire hunt begins.

- "The Autumn Leaves" - November 1925: Mr. Boddy invites his friends to Tudor Mansion for a relaxing weekend.

- "Christmas at the Mansion" - Dec. 24-25, 1925: Mr.Boddy hosts a Christmas party.

- "The Costume Party" - January 1926: Mr. Boddy hosts a costume party to celebrate mid-winter.

- "Spring Cleaning" - Mid-March 1926: Mr. Boddy asks his friends to help him and the staff to clean Tudor Mansion.

- "A Dark and Stormy Night” - Late March/Early April 1926: During a social gathering, a heavy rainstorm causes the electricity to go out.

- “A Princess is Born” - April 21, 1926: Mr. Boddy invites his friends to celebrate the birth of Princess Elizabeth the second.

- “A Grand Ball” - Early/Mid-May 1926: Mr. Boddy hosts a grand ball with an orchestra.

- “The Last Straw” - May 29, 1926: Mr. Boddy, being fed up of all of his guests' recent behaviors, holds a meeting with each one of them to discuss business matters.

Clue Classic

Saturday, June 4, 1926: Mr. John Boddy invites five of his friends and associates to Tudor Mansion to discuss about his uncle Sir Hugh’s monthly “allowances” they be happily living off of.
At 8:45 p.m., John Boddy is found dead at the bottom of the cellar stairs. It was later determined that he was murdered by one of the guest and staff of the estate.
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:52 pm

So fun to relive these!

Does anyone have the website bios and details from back then?

Elrond
Gumshoe

Post by Elrond » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:12 pm

Alright, so I think I've worked it out. ClueParty takes place after Sir Hugh Black has been murdered and BEFORE John Boddy returns to Tudor Mansion. The victim is one Victor Madden (Matin? - I don't see any punny jokes with this name) who was Sir Hugh's soliciter and murdered at the reading of Sir Hugh Black's will (obvioulsly, at this time, John Boddy was named as custodian of the House and was sent for to return to Tudor Mansion).

So the broad events go like this:

-Sir Hugh dies
-ClueoParty
-Clue Mysteries
-ClueFX
-Clue DVD
-Clue

Now... All of the 2002-2007 expansions are actually PREQUELS... so what would a sequel have looked like? Obviously a remake of the VHS games would have been the easiest, but unfortunately those stories contradict the 2002-2007 time line in order to be salvagable. They would have to actually be remade in order to fit with this series of Clue games.

I've recently found the game Kill Dr. Lucky... What if it were set in the Cluedo world with all of the 2002-2007 suspects + Rose & Brunette trying to off... the Butler, Ashe! Afterall, Ashe has been a significant part of bringing each of the victims to justice (except Rose & Brunette, who could have their own motives) at LEAST one time over the course of CluedoParty, Clue Mysteries, ClueFX, and Clue DVD. This concept already brings together a significant number of locations and weapons as well as characters, so all 14 characters could be included (+ the soon to be dead Ashe), all locations from FX, DVD, and Master Detective, and all weapons from both SFX and Master Detective. Thoughts? I really wish Hasbro would make something like this!!!