Clue Current Thoughts

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

monsieurchartreuse
Suspect

Post by monsieurchartreuse » Thu May 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
monsieurchartreuse wrote:What is your favourite "era" for Clue to take place in? Are the characters interbellum archetypes (either 20's or 30's), or are they post-second world war characters from the era when the board game was first released (50's)? Or are they "whatever the time is when this edition of the game is released"?

I'm working on a bit of a project right now and I'm of multiple minds when it comes to the interbellum period. I've always pictured Scarlett as an actress (I think she was described that way in the 1996 European game, and it's a good profession for her). I just got three miniatures from the Passport to Murder game in the mail - they're absolutely gorgeous and I love the 1920's setting. But, looking up many, many, many pictures, Scarlett strikes me as more of a 1930's actress than really a silent film star. More of a femme fatale than an ingenue.

And then of course, there's the issue of whether she's a blonde or a brunette...
You might want to post a thread for this with a poll. It will get lost here.
Probably, thought I was going through "current thoughts" rather than having an actual question. But I suppose I might write up a separate thread later!

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:11 pm

So I'm a garbage human and just bought a GAME OF THRONES CLUE EXPANSION :oops: :oops: :oops:

It adds two characters and the weapon pieces are golden now...

it cost me $24.95 ...I think I have a problem

https://www.amazon.com/Clue-Game-Throne ... +exclusive
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

Jonathan Green
Spy

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:35 pm

I drew a couple of poses from the Clue app on my Instagram.
Mr. Green's murder pose and Dr. Orchid's arrested pose.
Check it out: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjh4djgBHk_ ... c62wukj7pv

Sir Shamrock
Spy

Post by Sir Shamrock » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:11 am

There was this estate sale the other day that had a 1996 Clue game for $2. Now the rest of the games there went for $5-$10, but because the owner couldn't find the lead pipe and rope, she marked it down. But when I got home, there they were tucked in the instructions the entire time! A foolish oversight indeed!

cluedoking123
Senior Detective

Post by cluedoking123 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 am

Sir Shamrock wrote:There was this estate sale the other day that had a 1996 Clue game for $2. Now the rest of the games there went for $5-$10, but because the owner couldn't find the lead pipe and rope, she marked it down. But when I got home, there they were tucked in the instructions the entire time! A foolish oversight indeed!
love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

BBP
Investigator

Post by BBP » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:58 pm

The movie is on Arte right now - Deutsch nachsynkronisiert. :D

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Time for some new dishes, for game night...

cluedoking123
Senior Detective

Post by cluedoking123 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:25 pm

I want that so badly!
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:51 pm

I just discovered today that Leslie Grantham died last week. :( So not only is an EastEnders legend gone, we're also down one more Cluedo actor!
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:15 am

Well let's see now. Currently of Cluedo characters alive, we have -

5 Miss Scarletts

5 Professor Plums

4 Mrs. Peacocks

3 Colonel Mustards

3 Reverend Greens

2 Mrs. Whites

Jonathan Green
Spy

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:16 am

Clue the movie will be coming back to Hulu on July 1 at 3:00 am.
"Our love is God." - Jason Dean, Heathers (1989)

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:39 am

Jonathan Green wrote:Clue the movie will be coming back to Hulu on July 1 at 3:00 am.
Well, happy birthday to me! I haven't had a DVD player hooked up in ages, so it'll be nice to be able to stream this again.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:35 am

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Jonathan Green wrote:Clue the movie will be coming back to Hulu on July 1 at 3:00 am.
Well, happy birthday to me! I haven't had a DVD player hooked up in ages, so it'll be nice to be able to stream this again.
Everyone should own a digital copy of this movie.

I encourage everyone to download VUDU and take advantage of their conversion option. If you own a DVD or blue ray of the movie, you simply enter the UPC and for $2 they give you the digital copy. If you don’t own the Blu-ray, you can upgrade to an HD copy for $5. All you need is the UPC code from the disc. Google can help with locating it. In most cases there’s no reason to pay more than $2 for an older movie.

BBP
Investigator

Post by BBP » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:52 am

Where's the admin when you need him?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:22 am

Murder by Death wrote:
alwaysPeacock wrote:

I encourage everyone to download VUDU and take advantage of their conversion option. If you own a DVD or blue ray of the movie, you simply enter the UPC and for $2 they give you the digital copy. If you don’t own the Blu-ray, you can upgrade to an HD copy for $5. All you need is the UPC code from the disc. Google can help with locating it. In most cases there’s no reason to pay more than $2 for an older movie.
For casual viewing, I don't mind renting/streaming digitally. But for movies I really love, I have to own a physical copy of the best quality possible (reason I'm always willing to shell out for a Criterion edition). Streaming will never consistently look/sound as good a disc, or at least no better than DVD quality. An HD stream can look/sound really good, but at the end of the day it's entirely dependent on how good your internet connection is when you're ready to stream.

Besides, I can't get a random ending to Clue if I'm always streaming it. It's a nice option to have, but eventually I'm gonna add the BD release to my library (and make room for my BD player currently languishing in storage because I hate unpacking almost more than packing).

On another note: now that I've gorged on the whole thing, I'm very down for a Westworld edition of Clue. A guest (or Ford) is dead. Which Human used which Host to kill him, and Where in the park? Could even work as another "3-D" board like the Star Wars edition.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:28 am

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Murder by Death wrote:
alwaysPeacock wrote:

For casual viewing, I don't mind renting/streaming digitally. But for movies I really love, I have to own a physical copy of the best quality possible (reason I'm always willing to shell out for a Criterion edition). Streaming will never consistently look/sound as good a disc, or at least no better than DVD quality. An HD stream can look/sound really good, but at the end of the day it's entirely dependent on how good your internet connection is when you're ready to stream.

Besides, I can't get a random ending to Clue if I'm always streaming it. It's a nice option to have, but eventually I'm gonna add the BD release to my library (and make room for my BD player currently languishing in storage because I hate unpacking almost more than packing).

On another note: now that I've gorged on the whole thing, I'm very down for a Westworld edition of Clue. A guest (or Ford) is dead. Which Human used which Host to kill him, and Where in the park? Could even work as another "3-D" board like the Star Wars edition.
LOL — you realize I’m responding to the fact you haven’t had a DVD player hooked up in ages right? Not about to debate the superiority of BD over streaming, or even DVD over streaming... my point was for $2, you can have a digital copy to watch any time you want rather than waiting for a streaming service you may or may not subscribe to, to schedule it.

On another note, not sure about WESTWORLD Clue. Guess I’ll have to watch the second season. I loved the first one, but not really feeling Clue for it yet. Would there be an orgy room? Haha

Sir Shamrock
Spy

Post by Sir Shamrock » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Fun story :D , I was going through an antique fair (looking for weapons :P ) and there was this lady selling candlesticks. So I went over and saw that she had the Diamond Princess. She came over and immediately lowered the price and told the history of the candlesticks set. It was nice, but the Diamond Prince is what is used in Clue. But then she said that she had a whole bunch of those to sell back home. She reached in her pocket and grabed out her card for deliveries. That was a good day.

Sir Shamrock
Spy

Post by Sir Shamrock » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 pm

There was also a nice Pepper Box revolver at another booth, so that was pretty cool

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:56 am

http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/press- ... ationwide/

Thursday, August 2, 7 PM
CLUE: Harry Potter by USAopoly, Inc.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Sir Shamrock wrote:Fun story :D , I was going through an antique fair (looking for weapons :P ) and there was this lady selling candlesticks. So I went over and saw that she had the Diamond Princess. She came over and immediately lowered the price and told the history of the candlesticks set. It was nice, but the Diamond Prince is what is used in Clue. But then she said that she had a whole bunch of those to sell back home. She reached in her pocket and grabed out her card for deliveries. That was a good day.
I'd like to see your collection. ;)

Just as well, for anyone interested, here are some Diamond Prince candlesticks selling at a price relatively cheap as far as I see the Diamond Jubilee set usually sell for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Pair-o ... %7Ciid%3A1