Favorite Marmalade Clue/do Character?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Which is your favorite Marmalade Clue/do Character?

Scarlett
33%
Mustard
No votes
White
33%
Green
No votes
Peacock
No votes
Plum
No votes
Orchid
No votes
Brunette
No votes
Peach
No votes
Other (Grey/Gray, Rose, Azure, _____)
33%

Total votes: 6

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Favorite Marmalade Clue/do Character?

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:59 pm

I think we have enough options at this point to start picking our favorites.

Since there are so many now, over 50 and counting (it’s an embarrassment of riches), I’ve limited the poll to the main character, with the option to specify which themed version you prefer in a post. In fact there are so many characters I couldn’t add them all to the poll, much less their variations.

Don’t forget that if Green’s your favorite, there’s two additional Green character variations depending on which side of the pond you reside: 2 versions each of Reverend Green and Mr. Green from the Tudor Mansion and Classic themes sets. Just because you don’t have one, doesn’t mean you can’t choose it).

Since Azure or Grey/Gray are currently only single depictions, I’ve omitted them individually from the poll since I’m limited to only 10 options. But, I suspect we’ll get a new version of each by the next two theme packs, in which case we’ll have to do another poll somehow. Maybe the basic 7, and the expansion characters. For now, I’ve also omitted Rose since she only has two depictions so far. So if your favorite is Azure, Rose, or Grey/Gray, select “Other� and post your choice below.

Maybe they’ll add Meadow-Brooke and Rusty in the future, but I’m not holding my breath at this point. They can fill out the remaining suspects poll if they do. If you’re really big fans of them, you could use the “Other� option to voice your opinion!

I know it’s hard to chose, but think of this as which themed character would you use an avatar on this forum.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:31 pm

My vote goes for Classic 1949 White.

In terms of my other favourites of each, I like,

Gunslinger Scarlet & Lady Scarlet
Classic 1949 Mustard & Werewolf Mustard
Mad Scientist Plum
Ghost White & International Mrs. White (I never did buy her though)
Classic 1949 Peacock
Governess Peach

Can't really say many of the others make a great impression.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:48 am

It's very hard to pick just one. As my screenname suggests, Mrs. Peacock is my default when playing the board game (I like blue, and I like her starting space). In the app however, I find myself switching mainly between:
  • Hollywood Peacock
  • Inspector Gray
  • Governess Peach
  • Snowy Peaks Plum
  • M. Brunette ("Sir Albert" to the Germans, lol) :lol:
  • Werewolf Mustard
  • Ghost White
(Those last two being just for giggles since they look so very out of place outside of their own theme)

My vote for "other" goes to Inspector Gray. I like to plop him into multiplayer games, like a sort of Poirot who could, potentially, be the murderer.

That being said, when I'm just playing a quick game to kill a few minutes (Tudor/Classic mansion, me vs 2 Easy AI) I still default to my lady in blue.
"But look what happened to the cook!"