logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bobs Burgers getting the Clue Treatment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragstorichesfan
Suspect

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Bobs Burgers getting the Clue Treatment Reply with quote

USAopoly has pre-orders up for 2 new Clue Games this summer. Bob's Burgers and Five Nights at Freddy's. According to the site July and August are the tentative release dates.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Bobs Burgers getting the Clue Treatment Reply with quote

ragstorichesfan wrote:
USAopoly has pre-orders up for 2 new Clue Games this summer. Bob's Burgers and Five Nights at Freddy's. According to the site July and August are the tentative release dates.

Ugh. I just can't get into Bob's Burgers. I have no idea what Five Nights at Freddy's is.

I wonder if the new games will use the previous 2011/13 mansion layout, or if they will go back to the current traditional layout.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob's Burgers should make for a fun licenced edition. Not too different in spirit from the Simpsons editions, though I doubt this one will be as detailed as those were (none of these recent themed games have been, imo)

Five Nights at Freddy's is a horror video game series, the basic premise being a Chuck-e-Cheese type restaurant is plagued by a tragic history involving the death of a child, and now the animatronic animal characters are all possessed by some vague, evil energy & they kill people.

No idea HOW a FNAF Clue game will work, but it should sell well enough given the series' popularity.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Bob's Burgers should make for a fun licenced edition. Not too different in spirit from the Simpsons editions, though I doubt this one will be as detailed as those were (none of these recent themed games have been, imo)

Five Nights at Freddy's is a horror video game series, the basic premise being a Chuck-e-Cheese type restaurant is plagued by a tragic history involving the death of a child, and now the animatronic animal characters are all possessed by some vague, evil energy & they kill people.

No idea HOW a FNAF Clue game will work, but it should sell well enough given the series' popularity.

Huh. Interesting. FNAF sounds absolutely horrible. Oh well to each his own I guess. Murder is murder I guess. I guess it's only a matter of time until indiscriminate licensing gets us the Clue: SAW edition.

I don't see Bob's the same as Simpsons. Family Guy is more like the Simpsons, and even that Clue game was a major disappointment, underdeveloped and failed to capitalize on fan favorite aspects of that game. So you're probably right that Bob's will likely be underwhelming as well.

What's interesting here, is that I was told by a marketing executive that USAopoly approaches the licensors about developing a game on a franchise that might sell well. And it's they who develop the game, not the copyright owners. So it seems in some cases USAopoly is simply doing a half-assed job, especially where the IP owners don't really get involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: