New Clue app for iOS

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:58 pm

PeachFreak wrote:Hey, guys! A new theme is on the way!

Sweet! I like that one, and I should get it automatically. Good timing with MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS just out in theaters.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:16 am

Oh, brilliant! Can't wait to see this one. I wonder if they'll go back to redressing the standard 6 suspects, or if they'll do what they did with Snowy Peaks & give us a new version of Gray/Brunette/Rose/Azure in lieu of one of the standard 6.

And yes, excellent timing since Orient Express just had its digital/DVD/BD release.

Wonder if they'll be on the train, or if it will be the station & platform.

Also, the Android version just got an update for "bug fixes," but it seems to have really messed with the online multiplayer (which now has an option for joining any open game, not just a 3/6 player game). Has anyone else had issues with the multiplayer lately? I've been waiting at least 2 minutes to join a game, and I keep having a glitch where an opponent will disprove my suggestion, but the game doesn't show me the card.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:44 am

They just released the elderly Lady Scarlett - probably the first time Scarlet may be the oldest character in the cast, I believe?

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Lady Scarlett looks spectacular! I do hope we get a Reverend Green world-wide with this one.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:33 pm

I dunno ... the conductor in the teaser image seems to be in a green uniform. And the passenger reaching for his luggage might be wearing a purple suit.

Count me as a fan of Lady Scarlett! She looks every inch what the classic type of Scarlett might become with age. I really love how all the new suspect looks/themes have tied together with their base/standard representations (Vampire Castle being the only one to take any, somewhat, drastic liberties).

I hope we get a new Peacock for the Murder Express theme. Any guesses which classic suspect might be dropped this time, and which "International" suspect will get a new look? If the teaser is accurate, and Plum & Green will be on board, I'd bet we lose Mustard this time & gain a new Gray/Azure.

Unless they drop White/Orchid this time & give us a new Rose. This is all just assuming, of course, they continue the trend established with Snowy Peaks.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:52 am

Possibly that's Grey bending, not Plum! Isn't Plum rather dressed in a more overt purple in this artist's illustrations?

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:49 pm

They just posted Train Driver Mustard.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

TheButlerButInnocent
Spy

Post by TheButlerButInnocent » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:20 am

PeachFreak wrote:They just posted Train Driver Mustard.
[1] If we end up getting a conductor suspect (i.e., if that is Conductor Green in the promo banner), then Train Driver Mustard is both a missed opportunity and an inelegant mouthful. Marmalade plays fast and loose with titles.

[2] From both Lady Scalet(t) and Train Driver Mustard images/gifs(?), seems that this theme features, in line with the others, (a) no change in weapons and (b) no change in the representation of Mr. Boddy.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:30 am

It's possible Green is a coach attendant, not the conductor.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:33 pm

It's possible the terms are interchangeable. I noticed in the newest Orient Express film, Pierre Michel was repeatedly referred to as the conductor of the Calais coach.

Is anyone else not seeing Marmalade's character posts anymore? I just popped on to see if they'd announced another one, but the Scarlett and Mustard posts appear to have been removed.

The Late Dr Black
Snoop

Post by The Late Dr Black » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi I'm not seeing the Lady Scarlett or TD Mustard either 😢

Pherin91
Suspect

Post by Pherin91 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 pm

We’ve got a new one! Duchess Orchid! Which look like Miss Scarlett in a Flapper Dress. But the end show a sneak peak of the board. It’s at a station, it has the “classic� central staircase. It apear the train will span the Conservatory, Billiard Room, Library, and Study. I hope they redesign that side and not just slap Locomotive, Dining Car, Lounge Car, Ect., over the existing rooms. I can’t wait to see how this effects the secret passages. Maybe they’ll do porters like in Passport to Murder.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:35 pm

I hope there are two trains. One on the Conservatory, Billiard Room, Library, Study side. One on the Kitchen, Dining Room, Lounge.

Pherin91
Suspect

Post by Pherin91 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:36 am

Thank You Cacums! That explains the moving scenery in the mock murder scenes. The train has been stationed after the murder. But if the that is the case. What will they use the Hall and Ballroom for. Train Driver (Engineer) Mustard was shown in a Signal Box, but if the train was moving at the Time of Murderer how could a non train location be suspected? Unless we're talking more Mystery of the Blue Train than Murder on the Orient Express. But even so did the Murder follow the victim of the train or did they throw them off the train drag them to said location then do them in?

Update: I rewatched the Duchess Orchid Video and I think the train will be one side. If you look their is a picture window above the "Ballroom". If we look at the game poster the picture windows paper to be to the left of the train and no track on the other side. Plus, it doesn't look like there is space between tracks for the window, let alone "Ballroom" and Grand Staircase. Also, unless one of the locations is a parking lot we may not get a Locomotive. Unless they use the Study as the cab and the boiler pokes out.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:17 am

The train could wrap around like and L and cover the Lounge, Hall, Study, Library, Billiard Room, and Conservatory.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I want more train locations!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:28 am

cacums wrote:The train could wrap around like and L and cover the Lounge, Hall, Study, Library, Billiard Room, and Conservatory.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I want more train locations!
This is where landscape mode would come in quite handy for the game. Then the train could run diagonally across the screen and show all the locations like in Passport to Murder. If the murder occurred on the train while in transit, then I agree, I don't know how any of the station locations could be involved.

Looking forward to seeing how this one comes together ...

Pherin91
Suspect

Post by Pherin91 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:43 am

Cacums I want more train locations too, but I can think of a full to support a full board of 9.

I Come up with 5:
Locomotive
Baggage Car
Dining Car
Lounge Car
Sleeping Car
Caboose (But face the facts trains of this majesty don't have a caboose)

Also is any one getting a Snowy Peaks vibe from the station?

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:15 pm

They just posted Dr. White. I actually don't necessarily dislike her design, but it's a lot of curious choices with the titles this time around, isn't it? Interesting to have her rather than just adjusting the already existing Dr. Orchid. And then there's "Train Driver."

That said, I would have preferred a Peacock, as now it seems she'll have been absent from two themes in a row. What's also interesting, as Pherin noted a bit above, is that Lady Scarlett, Duchess Orchid, and Dr. White would rather easily match the traditional looks of a Peacock, a Scarlet, and an Orchid if the colors were swapped appropriately.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Pherin91
Suspect

Post by Pherin91 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:31 pm

I will admit Dr. White sent me for a loop too. But let Marmalade do as they wish. And Cacums they put the nail in the coffin. Four train cars: Locomotive, Dining Car, Lounge Car, and yet unknown (Sleeping Car is my guess). Then five station locations: the street out front (how in conspicuous), Bar (so original), Ticket Counter, Signal Box, and yet unknown (probably waiting room).

Hopefully they’ll do a double reveal tomorrow then new game Friday!

MrGreenJeans
Slueth

Post by MrGreenJeans » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 pm

PeachFreak wrote:They just posted Dr. White. I actually don't necessarily dislike her design, but it's a lot of curious choices with the titles this time around, isn't it?
I read "titles" too quickly as something else, and clicked over to Marmalade's page expecting to see a very busty Mrs. White :lol: