logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best/Worst Weapon Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam106
Hatchet Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Best/Worst Weapon Card Reply with quote

Similar to that of the Best/Worst Suspect cards, now let's do weapons! Very Happy

Best Knife - 1972 Clue. It looks very lethal compared to some of the other ones.

Worst Knife - 1949, 1950 and 1956 Clue. It's a very dull cake knife. My main problem with it is that it doesn't even look sharp enough to kill!

Best Candlestick - Clue: The Movie (1986). I don't know. I like quite a few different Candlesticks but this one has that something for me.

Worst Candlestick - Undecided. There isn't really a horrendously ugly candlestick for me...at the moment.

Best Revolver - Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion. I love how it looks like an antique pepperbox revolver.

Worst Revolver - 1949, 1950 and 1956 Clue. It just looks kinda boring. No "oomph" to it.

Best Rope - Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion. I just love how it's all sort of neatly woven up.

Worst Rope - 1972 Clue. Once again, it just looks pretty boring and casual. But then again, it is just supposed to be a piece of rope...

Best Lead Pipe - Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion. Love it. Love it. Love it. It's very grimey and bent, and I love it short.

Worst Lead Pipe - UK Cluedo 1949. It's too long. Seriously, how is anybody supposed to carry that thing around the mansion?!

Best Wrench - Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion or Clue: The Movie (1986). I love it, definately capable of murder. I love how it gives off a a grimey, dirty feel to it, as murder should feel.

Worst Wrench - UK Cluedo 1949. It just kind of looks like it'll take more than one of two hits.

Best Other Weapon - I have a few but if I had to narrow it down it would be between these two:

Murder, Mystery and Mayhem - Snake
Master Detective - Horseshoe

Worst Other Weapon - Undecided.
cacums
Ringer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Knife - I agree, 1972 is awesome

Worst Knife - I also agree that the first three Clue knives were bad. I mean come on! Mrs. Peacock with the butter knife in the Conservatory?

Best Candlestick - Movie/ 1972/ VCR games: it's all the same...

Worst Candlestick - 1963... ughhhh

Best Revolver - 1972-2002

Worst Revolver - 1963... ughhhh

Best Rope - MD

Worst Rope - 2002

Best Lead Pipe - 1986-2002

Worst Lead Pipe - Renovation... it's not there Razz

Best Wrench - 1986-2002

Worst Wrench - Renovation... it's not there Razz

Best Other Weapon - MD Poison

Worst Other Weapon - FX Water Bucket
Button Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Knife - Passport to Murder/Super Cluedo (The idea knife)

Worst Knife - First Clue (Butterknife?)

Best Candlestick - 50th Anniversary (the picture on the card, i think is better than the actual piece, but either way, its a great, hefty looking Candlestick that could kill.)

Worst Candlestick -Reinvention (Just a too plain card, and the piece looks fat)

Best Revolver - Passport to Murder (That type or revolver (Not pepperbox) I thik looks best, and it's great how it is in a drawer)

Worst Revolver - Super Sleuth (First of all, it looks like a pistol. Second of all, it looks too thug-modernish for my taste)

Best Rope - Passport to Murder (You gotta love how its hanging)

Worst Rope - Reinvention (Seriously, the card stinks, and the actual piece is about twice as big as any other weapon piece)

Best Lead Pipe - Passport to Murder (What a great angle, and I love the pipe shaped like that)

Worst Lead Pipe - Clue 1986-2002 (Too plain and clean)

Best Wrench - Clue 1972 (It actually looks like a wrench that has been used!)

Worst Wrench - Super Sleuth (I have yet to see a wrench like that in real life that is big enough to kill)

Best Other Weapon - Passport to Murder Poison (Clue should have Poison, and the picture on the card is possibly the best weapon picture ever)

Worst Other Weapon - Clue FX Tennis Racket (I like to think that the Water Bucket is used for drowning, and I hate the idea of a tennis racket)

I'd just like to add...

Best Weapon Group - Passport to Murder. (Every card is a great picture that almost tells a story)

Worst Weapon Group - Reinvention (How cheap can Hasbro get?)
Adam106
Hatchet Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. I'm surprised nobody's hardly posted on this. I've changed my opinion greatly on some of my choices. I'll update it soon.

Last edited by Adam106 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
fendue
Biometrics Examiner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Best/Worst Weapon Card Reply with quote

Adam106 wrote:

Worst Revolver - 1949, 1950 and 1956 Clue. It just looks kinda boring. No "oomph" to it.

It's not even a revolver.
fendue
Biometrics Examiner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised the Reinvention kept the Candlestick and not the Wrench or Lead Pipe..... I mean, come on.
WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Knife: Super Sleuth - VERY dangerous looking!
Worst Knife: 1949 Clue - I'm not sure if it would go through me half the time!
Best Candlestick: CDi game - quite elegant!
Worst Candlestick: Master Detective - looks a little ostentatious!
Best Revolver: 50th Anniversary - quite exquisite to my mind
Worst Revolver: The Pistols that pretend to be a Revolver!
Best Rope: Master Detective - rather neatly done
Worst Rope: Who knows? When you've seen one, you've seen em all!
Best Lead Pipe: Movie - nicely inconspicuous
Worst Lead Pipe: 50th Anniversary - looks a bit weird to me
Best Wrench: 1972 Clue - looks like my sort of Wrench!
Worst Wrench: Any Monkey-Wrench branded as a 'Spanner'!
Best Other Weapon: All the 'No Cluedo' weapons! Humorous! Laughing
Worst Other Weapon: Super Cluedo Challenge Poison - the bottle looks darn weird!
fendue
Biometrics Examiner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Other Weapon: Dark forces at work in this country of which we have no knowledge
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, bump!

Best Knife - Clue Murder at Boddy Mansion/Fatal Illusion - I recall in the murder scene in FI that the knife was engraved with hieroglyphs!

Worst Knife - Clue VCR 1 - That knife looked so fake!

Best Candlestick - Clue the Movie

Worst Candlestick - Clue: The Classic Mystery Game/2016 Orchid version - Why does it look bigger at the top?

Best Rope - 1949 Cluedo - Using string as rope is perfect.

Worst Rope - Clue 2002. Agreed cacums.

Best Lead Pipe - Cluedo 1949/CDi Mystery Games - The original lead pipe was designed to look like as a lead pipe should. The token being made of lead is a neat touch, if not wise by modern standard. I like seeing a physical version of it in the CD-ROM/CDi game too.

Worst Lead Pipe - Clue the Movie/Clue MD/Clue 50th Aniversary ... - It seems to be an American misinterpretation that ANY steel pipe is supposed to be a lead pipe.

Best Revolver - Clue the Movie/50th Anniversary/Franklin Mint - Those are all cool

Worst Revolver - Cluedo 1949 - I like the look of it, but they should have called it a gun or pistol.

Best Wrench - Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion or Clue: The Movie - Agreed, these wrenches are creepy!

Worst Wrench - Clue 1972 - After being spot on matching the pieces with the cards for the other weapons, could they have not found a matching monkey wrench?

Last edited by CluedoKid on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
cacums
Ringer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see how much has changed in the better part of a decade.

----

Best Knife - 1972 US Knife. It's perfect. I want it!

Worst Knife - 1949 US Butter Knife. Need I say more?

Best Candlestick - Movie/1972 US/ VCR games

Worst Candlestick - 1986-2002 US Candlestick. It's just too plain.

Best Revolver - 1972-2002. It's the classic Clue Revolver in my world.

Worst Revolver - 1949-1990 UK. It's a Pistol and a rather tacky looking one at that.

Best Rope - Orchid Clue. It's nice and textured.

Worst Rope - 2002. The token didn't match the card when the correct mold was obviously available and has been used over and over since.

Best Lead Pipe - Murder at Boddy Mansion. It's so rusty and perfect.

Worst Lead Pipe - 1972/Clue Movie. Plain, not menacing, not lead.

Best Wrench - 1986-2002. It's the Classic Wrench to me.

Worst Wrench - 1949-1990 UK Spanner. I just can't see the UK's hefty Mrs. White successfully murdering anyone with that dinky little thing.

Best Other Weapon - The Poison. I think it's fair enough to say it's the seventh weapon.

Worst Other Weapon - Tennis Racket. Unless there's a spearing motion with the bottom of the hand to the skull, I don't see any way of murdering someone without destroying the Racket in the process.
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the issue with the '49 spanner is it being small. The token itself indicates the weapon is quite a big spanner, and as long as the candlestick (Even longer, if it is a non-patent edition with the reduced candlestick). Perhaps the monkey wrench in the American version though is more threatening and imaginative looking.
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CluedoKid wrote:
I don't think the issue with the '49 spanner is it being small. The token itself indicates the weapon is quite a big spanner, and as long as the candlestick (Even longer, if it is a non-patent edition with the reduced candlestick). Perhaps the monkey wrench in the American version though is more threatening and imaginative looking.

Agreed. Mrs. white could do a lot of damage with this:

The one pictured above has a nice patina, and texture too, which makes it more menacing than a Spanner out of the average tool kit.

I think the issue is, that a spanner this big tends to be unusual in most homes. A pipe wrench, or monkey wrench, on the other hand is fairly common. The added benefit to the monkey wrench is the extra weight on the "business" end of the wrench thanks to the adjustable mechanism. And the teeth of the jaws, and mechanics make it just all the more menacing. A spanner tends to be be smoother, and more elegant looking, regardless of condition, and therefore not as deadly looking, no matter the size.

I'm not even sure what you'd use a spanner that size for around the average home. But I suppose it's possible in 1940s England, that large single-sized spanners for opening up drain pipes around the home might have been more common than the more complicated adjustable spanner, or pipe wrench, and thereby more expensive version, especially if purchased as needed for use with specific drain pipes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: