logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clue comic book coming this summer.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CluedoKid wrote:
Murder by Death wrote:

I can't believe I read the final issue, and still don't know what happened, or who killed who, or even why, really. The worst part is I don't really even care.

Care you may not, I think here's what happened. For others, don't mind if I spoil below, it's not worth discovering in the comics.

It looks like Mrs. Peacock *shot* Boddy. Why, I don't know! Then Orchid kills her.
Then Mrs. White killed Det. Orche. Again, I don't know why she did this!

To create confusion of course! Wink

(by the way, I hated their references to the Clue movie. They only highlighted how inferior this effort was by comparison.)
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who killed Scarlet again? Does anyone recall?
Senior Detective

Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CluedoKid wrote:

I spoiler proofed the answer...I think Laughing No one. It was an accident. She was backing away from Mr. Green, broke a banister, and fell to her death
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cluedoking123 wrote:
CluedoKid wrote:

I spoiler proofed the answer...I think Laughing

You did. I honestly can't remember, nor care at this point, but if that's what happened, it's just lame. That's just not what Clue is about.
MrGreenJeans
Slueth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
cluedoking123 wrote:
CluedoKid wrote:

I spoiler proofed the answer...I think Laughing

You did. I honestly can't remember, nor care at this point, but if that's what happened, it's just lame. That's just not what Clue is about.

100% - the most wasted character in the comic, with Peacock a close second. But thankfully, we got plenty of screen time about Upton and Amarillo Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. It was fun. I like that Orchid got some good story time out of this. They managed to flesh her out within the limited information Hasbro drummed up about her. The ending was crap, though, which is a shame. They could have done a lot more with the Upton & Boddy/Black subplot without wasting all those pages on Upton's rampage through the real world.

Overall....3/5, for me. A fun spin on the brand, but nothing groundbreaking or iconic.
cacums
Ringer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Upton narration was fun for a while. I liked the idea of it but the execution was sloppy. The editor bits, Upton, and focus on Amarillo took away the Clue vibe in my opinion.

I did enjoy some of the backstories and the artwork was fantastic. It had potential but flew off on it's own and just carried the Clue name with it.

I would love to see a Clue Comic Series with something along the lines of Depboy's old website or even a properly done ATTWN/one by one mass murder story.

I agree with AlwaysPeacock. 3/5
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my graphic novel/omnibus edition of this series. I don't have time now, but I'll try to upload some photos later tonight. There's a cover gallery included at the end with at least 2 covers I don't remember seeing when the individual issues were announced & released.

But I can say it's very nicely printed! Feels like a very sturdy cover, and the pages feel like a high end catalog compared to the usual, thinner stock comics are printed on. Probably well worth the $19.99 cover price, though I got it for closer to $13 from Amazon. If anyone wants a slice of the Clue comic in their library, I'd highly recommend getting a copy of this. And if you collected the individual issues, this volume could be useful for revisiting the series while keeping the other comics in good physical condition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: