logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Etsy Movie Character Pieces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragstorichesfan
Suspect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Etsy Movie Character Pieces Reply with quote

I don't know if there are any etsy shoppers here, but I just found the coolest addition to my Clue game collection to date. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/511838481/clue-game-pieces?show_sold_out_detail=1

I know I bought this set,but He does relist. This is a fun Collection for any of us to add to our collection,even if it isn't an authentic Clue Product

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/511838481/clue-game-pieces?show_sold_out_detail=1
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Etsy Movie Character Pieces Reply with quote

ragstorichesfan wrote:
I don't know if there are any etsy shoppers here, but I just found the coolest addition to my Clue game collection to date. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/511838481/clue-game-pieces?show_sold_out_detail=1

I know I bought this set,but He does relist. This is a fun Collection for any of us to add to our collection,even if it isn't an authentic Clue Product

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/511838481/clue-game-pieces?show_sold_out_detail=1

They're a little to big for a standard gameboard, but I like them. I'd really like to see some 3D modelings of them onto standard tokens.

The nit pic of course is that it needs to be on the 1979 edition board!

Of course this is a copyright violation of major proportions. I wonder if Paramount sued them?

cluedoking123
Senior Detective

Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! They are sold out! But I need these lol Sad Sad Sad
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Etsy Movie Character Pieces Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
ragstorichesfan wrote:

They're a little to big for a standard gameboard, but I like them. I'd really like to see some 3D modelings of them onto standard tokens.

The nit pic of course is that it needs to be on the 1979 edition board!

Actually, the 1996 game feels quite 1950's. It reminds me most of the movie of all the editions, for some reason.

3D printed movie characters could be a future pet project. Very Happy
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone cares much about copyrights when it comes to Etsy products. These look fantastic. I only wish they came with a set of matching cards one could incorporate into their own Clue(do) decks. Sure, the backs probably wouldn't match, but it hardly matters for the sake of the novelty these would provide.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ODD THING: when I clicked on it just now, there appeared to be 3 sets remaining for purchase.

alwaysPeacock wrote:
I don't think anyone cares much about copyrights when it comes to Etsy products. These look fantastic. I only wish they came with a set of matching cards one could incorporate into their own Clue(do) decks. Sure, the backs probably wouldn't match, but it hardly matters for the sake of the novelty these would provide.

Well, these are $50. That's a lot of money for some plastic cutouts, the only real value of which is the IP they come from. It's hard for me to imagine that Paramount would just turn a blind eye to this, considering they actively police YouTube for copyright infringement. There's several issues here in addition to copyright -- actor likeness requires a license and royalties, which is likely why Parker Bros. didn't pursue a movie-themed edition, which means consent from each actor and/or now sadly, their estates. An actor could not only directly sue the artist, and Etsy, but also Paramount for not protecting their rights. If this were $5, covering the costs to make them, maybe this would fly under the radar, but at $50 it's kind of a big deal. Is it possible this vendor secured a license?

Anyway, those are the facts, whether anybody cares or not.

I'm not interested in purchasing them, but anyone who does, report back if it's actually being allowed ... I got as far as putting it in the cart and checking out, but I don't have an Etsy account to sign in ...
ragstorichesfan
Suspect

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set. This apparently has sold several times before from the reviews. I haven't received them yet, but i live in close proximity and I got shipping conformation this morning. I will let you know what they are like in more detail in a few days.
ragstorichesfan
Suspect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They arrived today. I am really happy with them. All though larger than I thought, I think will fit nicely with one of the 3-d wooden edition games. They are quite sturdy, with the look of plastic, but the feel of felt. Very well made. All around super excited with the purchase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: