Hi-Res Movie Images

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ajk93
Snoop

Hi-Res Movie Images

Post by ajk93 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:43 pm

I was hoping to have some help locating high-quality promo photos from the movie. I found some great ones here:
https://yooniqimages.com/Images/Search? ... n=Vertical

I would love to find a Colonel Mustard that matches these, but have had no luck. I also love the full body shots of each of the guests (except for Mr. Green, which they don't seem to have). Here's my question, does anyone have a source for movie promo shots similar to these? Most of the pictures I find are too small or too blurry to be used for anything. I've tried digging through Hollywood film photo archives, reverse image searching, searching by image, but still can't find a Mr. Green or Colonel Mustard to match these pictures. Any thoughts?
"De-de-de-de-de-da...I Am Your Singing Telegram"

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:35 pm

As I recall, there seems to be some issue about Martin Mulls images, even in the low res publicity materials around at the time. There's very little available for him compared to the others. I've similarly looked for a complete set of hi-res photos without much luck.

I'd really love if Hasbro would put out a Clue movie themed game, given the cult status of the film, the game should do very well, including the costs of licensing the likeness of the cast and other royalties. It would be the perfect tie-in for a 4K release with bonus materials, including a complete high-res photo archive, and the 4th ending! Sadly Paramount in is in serious financial trouble, so were unlikely to see such a thing anytime soon.

ajk93
Snoop

Post by ajk93 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:41 pm

That's a shame, thanks Murder By Death. I'd pay good money for an official movie version of the game!

I'm gonna throw another question out there. Does anyone have a hi-res giant template of the board to use for custom projects? I've used google images to search for large scale pictures of the board, but nothing jumps out at me as being a good one to use as a template.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:52 am

There was one of Martin Mull holding the wrench in the kitchen, as part of a set of promo images in a magazine, but I never seen it full sized. Michael might have it, if he still has the magazine. It's a shame too, as this would have been the proper photo to use on the Blue-Ray cover instead of photoshopping him into the Study with a stock photo wrench.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 pm

ajk93 wrote:That's a shame, thanks Murder By Death. I'd pay good money for an official movie version of the game!

I'm gonna throw another question out there. Does anyone have a hi-res giant template of the board to use for custom projects? I've used google images to search for large scale pictures of the board, but nothing jumps out at me as being a good one to use as a template.
Not sure what you mean? Scanning a board is a relatively easy way to get that. However, I've personally posted several high res boards for some of my "editions" and analysis of the original games, and I believe others have too. Not sure if you could use those -- but I think I found some of those on Google.

Or are you talking about the movie house floor plan? I've posted some hi res pics of that too, both the original and variations. I think.

Just search the forums for floor plan, blueprint, 1949, 1972, etc.
Last edited by Murder by Death on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:23 pm

CluedoKid wrote:There was one of Martin Mull holding the wrench in the kitchen, as part of a set of promo images in a magazine, but I never seen it full sized. Michael might have it, if he still has the magazine. It's a shame too, as this would have been the proper photo to use on the Blue-Ray cover instead of photoshopping him into the Study with a stock photo wrench.
Yes, but sadly, anything from a magazine is going to be fairly low res based on printing methods. I sort of feel like they set up a room to shoot publicity stills one day, and had good access to everyone except Mull -- maybe they chose a busy work day for him?

I'd really love some detailed production stills of the rooms without anybody in them too. Likewise for the weapons. I know they exist, if only in the set dresser, and property masters continuity photo collection.

ajk93
Snoop

Post by ajk93 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Not sure what you mean? Scanning a board is a relatively easy way to get that. However, I've personally posted several high res boards for some of my "editions" and analysis of the original games, and I believe others have too. Not sure if you could use those -- but I think I found some of those on Google.

Or are you talking about the movie house floor plan? I've posted some hi res pics of that too, both the original and variations. I think.

Just search the forums for floor plan, blueprint, 1949, 1972, etc.
Sorry, yeah I didn't explain that very well. I'm looking for a template of the classic mansion. I tried searching some of those terms here on the forum, but didn't find much (or found so many threads in some cases). Basically, I'm trying to locate a very simple, giant scan of the board. I'm not sure the best way to scan the board myself. It couldn't be a bi-fold board, that wouldn't fit in the scanner. Even the 4-fold wouldn't fit in mine.