logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VCR game question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosemerald
Spy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: VCR game question. Reply with quote

Hello there artofmurder, long time no post.

I recently purchased an interesting bundle of games on eBay, the Vcr game and FX, the seller managed to fit the vcr game components in the FX box, that is except for one crucial piece, the tape, but I know they've got it, and I'm sure they'll ship it to me.

My big problem, is that Its missing one clue card, and one investigation card, and I'm somewhat expecting the seller isn't going to have them. So what I'd like to know, is if the game can be played without them, or do I need to get replacements? Thank you.

Last edited by chaosemerald on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can definitely still play the VCR games if you're missing one/two cards. I've never played a game where we, the players, had to use the entire deck of cards in a single game (but I've also never played with more than three or four players at a time, so I don't know how it would affect things if you played with a full party of 10).
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always watch it on youtube, and have the option to pause and forward to certain scenes with a lot more ease.
Spy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
You can definitely still play the VCR games if you're missing one/two cards. I've never played a game where we, the players, had to use the entire deck of cards in a single game (but I've also never played with more than three or four players at a time, so I don't know how it would affect things if you played with a full party of 10).

Cool, I'll probably only ever have five at the most.

CluedoKid wrote:
You could always watch it on youtube, and have the option to pause and forward to certain scenes with a lot more ease.

Yeah, I knew it was on YouTube, so I wasn't to worried about that, well expect for getting what I paid for that is.

Thank you both. Smile
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you end up deciding you want a full deck just for the sake of having a complete game, send me a PM. I've got spare sets for both VCR games, and would happily send you whichever color deck you need.

I may even have a spare tape, but I'm 90% certain it's the Betamax version...so probably useless unless you happen to have a working Betamax player lying around.
chaosemerald
Spy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
If you end up deciding you want a full deck just for the sake of having a complete game, send me a PM. I've got spare sets for both VCR games, and would happily send you whichever color deck you need.

Thanks, that's good to know.

alwaysPeacock wrote:
I may even have a spare tape, but I'm 90% certain it's the Betamax version...so probably useless unless you happen to have a working Betamax player lying around.

I do not have a Betamax player, but the seller is sending the tape, so thats all taken care of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: