logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Weapons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: My Weapons Reply with quote

A while back I showed pictures of the weapon collection that I made over the past year or so. Now I've made a video explaining each one a little more in-depth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkgdYCS-YW8
Senior Detective

Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Very Happy
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, first Michael and now you! Everybody's coming out on YouTube! Ha!

The tennis racquet is pretty funny, I suppose if the head broke off the shaft, one could use it as a stake to plunge through the victim's heart.

The horseshoe could be deadly, but it would have to be thrown with some force, rather like Oddjob and his Leathal bowler hat. I imagine one of the suspects were having a friendly game of horseshoes with Mr. Boddy, and the horseshoe expertly hurled at him while he was retrieving the horseshoes.from the stake. That, or it was jabbed into his eye sockets ... Yup, that'd do it.

One of my favorites from FX remains the lawn gnome. Appropriately, yet unexpectedly, deadly.

Your point about the gun being quite heavy supports my contention that it was used to bludgeon the victim, and not shoot them, something that would have alerted the entire household, and left a wound which would have been quite easy to deduce from the other weapons.

I'm surprised at how small the Blunderbuss is ... It's like a sawed off shotgun rather than a full sized hunting rifle.

You mentioned the dagger differences before, but I don't think those diamonds on the handle are intended to be jewels -- rather decorative rivets, which aid in gripping an otherwise smooth metal handle. Either way, the black metal handle of the dagger token, is quite a departure from the apparently leather handle of the dagger pictured on the card. In terms of overall appearance, certainly your black handled dagger matches the token far better than the card. It is interesting considering how closely the rest of the original cards match the tokens that there is such a significant discrepancy with the dagger.
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:

The tennis racquet is pretty funny, I suppose if the head broke off the shaft, one could use it as a stake to plunge through the victim's heart.

The horseshoe could be deadly, but it would have to be thrown with some force, rather like Oddjob and his Leathal bowler hat. I imagine one of the suspects were having a friendly game of horseshoes with Mr. Boddy, and the horseshoe expertly hurled at him while he was retrieving the horseshoes.from the stake. That, or it was jabbed into his eye sockets ... Yup, that'd do it.

One of my favorites from FX remains the lawn gnome. Appropriately, yet unexpectedly, deadly.

Though I didn't show them all, I did collect the FX weapons, though mostly as items from around the house, and not by tracking down antiques as I did with the main group. The lawn gnome I found was partially broken and made me think it would make a good point to stab with ... or was possibly found broken from being previously used to bludgeon.

http://img14.deviantart.net/3c2f/i/2017/093/b/5/clue_fx_by_jimmy_c_lombardo-db4kwy3.jpg

And yes, the eye gouging with the horseshoe did cross my mind!

Murder by Death wrote:

Your point about the gun being quite heavy supports my contention that it was used to bludgeon the victim, and not shoot them, something that would have alerted the entire household, and left a wound which would have been quite easy to deduce from the other weapons.

I'm surprised at how small the Blunderbuss is ... It's like a sawed off shotgun rather than a full sized hunting rifle.

I suppose it would make sense as the gun is often depicted in the US as an antique pepperbox, which really seems more likely to be taken from Boddy's gun collection...and then, would it really work? Where would they get the bullets?

Also, it makes me wonder further, did the US use the pepperbox design so often for it's revolver deliberately because it would be unfamiliar in appearance and difficult to own in real life ... therefore, making it less likely to influence young Americans playing the game as it wouldn't resemble any gun they might actually find in a gun store or their parent's vault?

And yes, the blunderbuss is pretty small. I know blunderbusses range in size, from pistol sizes to being as large as a long gun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: