logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clue Cluedo Detetive Junior

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Clue Cluedo Detetive Junior Reply with quote

In researching the Barazillian Detetive edition, I discovered there are numerous "Junior" editions that we don't have in the Clue and Cluedo world, or at least nearly as extensively. Below are several examples. Detetive also offers some generic Junior games, similar to the versions Cluedo and Clue produced. But what's interesting is that there are so many licensed editions. Other than a recent Sponge Bob Square Pants editions released for Clue only, and one other Donald Duck-based Italian Cluedo game Michael includes in his collection, I've not really seen any licensed property Clue or Cluedo Junior editions. It strikes me as a shame, because the Detetive Batman game looks really interesting. And I'm sure the Toy Story and Scooby-Doo games would likewise be as much fun. The others are local Brazilian franchises, but I'm sure they delight the kids as well.

What's interesting, is that for the most part Clue and Cluedo have tried to keep their Junior editions 100% proprietary. And while as an adult, I can appreciate the miniature versions of Scarlet, Mustard, Green, et al, It's hard to imagine smaller kids being as excited by them. Whereas getting them draw into the games with characters they're already interested in seems like a no-brainer. Sure it costs Hasbro more to license characters from another franchise, it seems to be working for Estrela, otherwise I can't see them making game after game, based on franchise properties.

I guess Clue does it to some extent -- The Scooby Doo and Haunted Mansion games certainly bring the right characters to the table, as it were, but they are too complicated for the very young, not to mention the small parts.

All this is to say, it's too bad that Clue and Cluedo haven't gone this route, when the "adult" games already have. I really like the concept of the Detetive's current Batman edition -- locating the villians who are terrorizing Gotham -- in fact I think I like it more than the beautiful-looking "adult" Detetive editions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: