logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clue / Cluedo Tie Breakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Clue / Cluedo Tie Breakers Reply with quote

Out of interest, do you guys have tie breakers when you play Clue and everyone accuses the solution incorrectly?
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Clue / Cluedo Tie Breakers Reply with quote

Black wrote:
Out of interest, do you guys have tie breakers when you play Clue and everyone accuses the solution incorrectly?

How would that work exactly? If each person accuses and follows the rules by secretly checking the solution envelope, and each player falls out from being wrong, then everyone eventually knows the solution -- so what else is to be done?

The winner is the one who got the closest to the solution?

Short of playing another game, I'm not sure what other kind of tie-breaker there could be.
Black
Bindle Stiff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just curious as to what you guys do, I have made up a set of tie breakers for my own board game - one that I'm currently working on and they can work for any clue game.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rare I play more than a two-player game, and even rarer for one of us to accuse incorrectly when we get there. I'd imagine, unless you have an overly competitive group relying more on intuition than elimination, the only way every player could make an incorrect accusation would be because someone dropped/didn't record one of their cards without realizing. If that's discovered early enough, the rules already kick that player out. If it's not discovered... well, then nobody wins & everyone has wasted the past half hour.

Accusations aren't made secretly, as in the early Cluedo rules, so I find it very unlikely every player, playing correctly, would completely blow the accusation.

It could happen in a two-player/team game, if someone forgets to visit a room with one of the 4 extra cards & makes an accusation too soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: