logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clue comic book coming this summer.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cluedoking123
Senior Detective

Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point haha. I can be quite unassuming at times lol. I too am looking forward to seeing where this all goes. I'm also interested to see how Miss Scarlet fits in since she seems to be the random guest, but I'm sure there is an explanation to it.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little twist at the end, but I agree this was pretty much a filler issue. We did learn why all these people (sans Scarlett) should be assembled here, but it didn't feel like anything really happened this time. Wouldn't have minded some more deaths, but maybe we'll get a nice little bloodbath in the penultimate issue.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Nice little twist at the end, but I agree this was pretty much a filler issue. We did learn why all these people (sans Scarlett) should be assembled here, but it didn't feel like anything really happened this time. Wouldn't have minded some more deaths, but maybe we'll get a nice little bloodbath in the penultimate issue.

It's pretty much a twist we all saw coming, right?

It did link everybody together. But I am seriously put off by the fact we're not getting any of the Clue-specific mansion stuff, like the secret passages, or hanging out in the signature rooms. It's really disappointing to me at this point.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volume 4 has been out for a couple of days now. The primary cover art is that vintage Clue inspired portrait of all the suspects. Multiple murders, multiple flashbacks, some logic creeping into this story, and one brilliantly played reference to the movie. Also, Upton refers to the next issue as the penultimate issue. Everything I'd read about this promised 5 issues, but apparently there will be 6. Huzzah, more Clue!
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Volume 4 has been out for a couple of days now. The primary cover art is that vintage Clue inspired portrait of all the suspects. Multiple murders, multiple flashbacks, some logic creeping into this story, and one brilliantly played reference to the movie. Also, Upton refers to the next issue as the penultimate issue. Everything I'd read about this promised 5 issues, but apparently there will be 6. Huzzah, more Clue!

That cover's the look I like best. If that's how the characters looked all the time, I'd be much happier with these comics than with the horrible Scarlett-as-Gem depiction -- even Lady Gaga knows how to dress for an upscale party.

At least I finally got my wish, and a certain character adds to the body count. Too bad it couldn't have been the first one.

ANd I really hope they know what "penultimate" means. Wink

Last edited by Murder by Death on Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victim. Hope they're the victim. Smile
Slueth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Scarlet was dressed that way because she was hired as a performer, not a dinner guest.

I'm seeing this comic through, but I'm really not thrilled with the deaths of some classic characters at the expense of random ones still surviving.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGreenJeans wrote:
I thought Scarlet was dressed that way because she was hired as a performer, not a dinner guest.

I'm seeing this comic through, but I'm really not thrilled with the deaths of some classic characters at the expense of random ones still surviving.

You are correct of course. I posted that comment before I read the comic which went into detail about her appearance. I suppose that makes more sense, except, generally a performer of her stature would likely not arrive in costume ... the whole thing is a little odd. Maybe we'll figure out how she's connected to the other guests before it's over, but right now I don't really care for the way they've re-imagined her ... I never, ever, had the impression that any of the original 6 were outsiders. Even in the movie they all had ties with Mr. Boddy, even though they all may not have know each other otherwise, though most did in way or another.
cluedoking123
Senior Detective

Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murder by Death wrote:
MrGreenJeans wrote:

You are correct of course. I posted that comment before I read the comic which went into detail about her appearance. I suppose that makes more sense, except, generally a performer of her stature would likely not arrive in costume ... the whole thing is a little odd. Maybe we'll figure out how she's connected to the other guests before it's over, but right now I don't really care for the way they've re-imagined her ... I never, ever, had the impression that any of the original 6 were outsiders. Even in the movie they all had ties with Mr. Boddy, even though they all may not have know each other otherwise, though most did in way or another.

True, but there seems to be a reason everyone was invited. I think he picked her specifically and we'll find out in the next issue.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's definitely a greater reason for Scarlett being invited than just to perform. We already know she has a loose connection to Green I get the feeling this version of Boddy has some kind of master plan behind the whole evening. As for her look, the author already said he had Iggy Azalea in mind when conceiving this take on her. So... she's basically pop trash. Nobody else is super dressed up for the dinner party, so I see no reason Scarlett would have bothered to show up in anything other than her typical performance attire.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The artist behind the current cover posted an alternate version on his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWvVYikBfsu/

A fun take on the classic cover art, I think. I especially like White carrying the candlestick in this version.
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Though Green and White still feel like different people than how they look in the comic. (And I like it better than the comic's. Very Happy)
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5th Edition is out!

I love the cover of this one:

[/img]

I continue not to like anything about Scarlett ...
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to read issue 5. The ending seemed abrupt, but it was fun to see the mystery start to unravel & begin to get some answers about whodunnit. I'm excited to see how it all wraps up.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little disappointed now. They're gonna have to a lot of explaining in the next 20 pages ... which isn't a lot, based on the previous 5 comics. I feel like they just had a lot of scenes that marked time, but didn't really go anywhere, or accomplish much. And poor Mrs. Peacock really got the short straw.

I mean, does anybody have any idea what's going on? Shall we start conjecturing?

They could literally do anything in the last 20 pages, and it would probably fit. All things considered this thing felt really uneven, and poorly thought out. It's a shame really.
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the person who who has caused a number of deaths, Mrs. White, is dead. I hope there's some angle to it that makes sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: