logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One thing I don't understand...ONE thing??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Scarlett
Snoop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: One thing I don't understand...ONE thing?? Reply with quote

In the movie, why was Mrs. Peacock never SHOWN killing anyone? (...and Prof. Plum in the 3rd ending for that matter!)

Given that Peacock was the only character to have an ending all to herself, I have always been disappointed that they would not show any of her murders being committed as Peacock along with Scarlet was my favourite character in the movie.

I can imagine that anyone seeing that ending in the cinema feeling a bit short changed.

Do you think they were shot and cut, like the elusive 4th ending?

One more thing...when Yvette goes into the Billiard Room and says "It's you" we know from the "real" ending this is supposed to Mrs. White, but who do you think it was that she is meeting in there and thinks she is speaking to when she drops her French accent? Miss Scarlet, to tie into the first ending, or Curry's Mr. Boddy, as it is revealed that she provided him with information and therefore must have known his true identity?
CluedoKid
Con Artiste

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely a plot-hole trying to accommodate different endings, but my best guess is Wadsworth, but then how would Mrs. Peacock know Yvette would come? Maybe she really came to meet Mrs. Peacock, but why?
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mr_Scarlett,

The footage of Peacock murdering anyone was likely never shot. In looking at the original shooting draft, flashbacks were never mentioned. That suggests after principle photography was complete, the studio or someone decided they needed some additional footage to depict the murders. Given that they chose to eliminate the cold-blooded ending of the Police chief shooting Peacock, but didn't bring Peacock back to reshoot an alternate ending with her being carted away, that suggests she wasn't available, and therefore no flash back footage of her committing the murder either. I have often said her ending is the most unsatisfying ending of the three, as well as the shortest. I suspect the same thing is true of Plum as well -- the actors simply weren't available.
Michael
Mastermind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: