logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 "International" Cluedos on eBay UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: 2 "International" Cluedos on eBay UK Reply with quote

As much as I'd like to have one of these in my own collection, I'm not presently at liberty to spend more money on eBay Cluedo goodies. So, for your perusal, two versions of the "International" Cluedo game (listed on the main TAoM site under Cluedo Games as "International Edition 1970"). It's "international" because the rules are in multiple languages, but the game is, otherwise, a typical Waddington's Cluedo set in a nifty box.

First, this one, which matches the one Michael has on the site. Notice the color of the box, and the very nicely divided storage compartments inside the box. Also the classic shape to the suspect pawns, and the rules booklet with a design tying it in with the box art.

Second, a slightly different take, this time featuring a loud purple box with more branding symbols/logos, and a less elaborate storage tray inside the box. The photos show a standard Cluedo instructions booklet (instead of the one with a nice cover, like the other version). The suspect pawns are also clearly cheaper, thinner plastic pieces (instead of the typical short, Halma style pawns).

Hope someone here can add one/both of these to their shelves. I've never seen these pop up on eBay before, so I'm assuming they don't turn up too often.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 "International" Cluedos on eBay UK Reply with quote

alwaysPeacock wrote:
As much as I'd like to have one of these in my own collection, I'm not presently at liberty to spend more money on eBay Cluedo goodies. So, for your perusal, two versions of the "International" Cluedo game (listed on the main TAoM site under Cluedo Games as "International Edition 1970"). It's "international" because the rules are in multiple languages, but the game is, otherwise, a typical Waddington's Cluedo set in a nifty box.

First, this one, which matches the one Michael has on the site. Notice the color of the box, and the very nicely divided storage compartments inside the box. Also the classic shape to the suspect pawns, and the rules booklet with a design tying it in with the box art.

Second, a slightly different take, this time featuring a loud purple box with more branding symbols/logos, and a less elaborate storage tray inside the box. The photos show a standard Cluedo instructions booklet (instead of the one with a nice cover, like the other version). The suspect pawns are also clearly cheaper, thinner plastic pieces (instead of the typical short, Halma style pawns).

Hope someone here can add one/both of these to their shelves. I've never seen these pop up on eBay before, so I'm assuming they don't turn up too often.

The second purple one is the South African version. This also appears to be the 2nd UK edition with bare metal tokens, rather than the first edition painted ones. I believe the white instruction booklet indicates that as well, instead of the red one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: