logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Norwegian "Key" Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Norwegian "Key" Game Reply with quote

Has anyone ever seen this before? Found it mentioned in this blog post about Leeds & the original Cluedo game from Waddington's. Looks interesting, with all the cards in black and white, and the bright, busy cover art reminiscent of the earlier US Clue games. Also looks like unique designs for the wrench/spanner & candlestick tokens.

According to the blog, this Key game is on display in an exhibition, which I assume is somewhere in Leeds, though the post is vague on those details.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say as I've ever come across it. Always interesting to see the choices different territories make for the same game, like going with a red card back instead of blue. The cards are also interesting in that they seem to have taken the cheap way out by not printing the suspects in color, but the weapons cards are printed with colored sepia-toned photos (unlike the later Cluedo editions that printed the weapons cards in b&w in a cost saving move). I'd almost say they licensed the Parker Brothers edition if it weren't for the card faces. Parker was establishing itself in various game markets in Europe, and it's clear that this game did not license the Cluedo name, but instead elements from both the Parker and Waddingtons games. I'd sure love to know the details of that deal between the two companies -- clearly both got money from each game of Key sold.
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just my monitor, or is the darker suspect pawn by the Dining Room/staircase more black than purple? I know some countries, before the Parker/Hasbro universal designs took effect, would switch some colors/genders here & there, but it's hard to tell in this picture. I'm also about 90% certain that's a little girl searching the trunk on the box cover. Odd choice, but I guess it was meant to help sell it as a family game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: