You_been_banned

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

You_been_banned

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Anybody understand why I'm seeing this on my wifi devices? My cellphone using LTE is fine.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:58 am

No idea... I really need to update the software for the forum. Maybe that will help.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:08 am

I'll try resetting my wifi and get assigned a new IP number ... maybe I was inadvertently assigned one associated with spamming activity or something. I can't imagine any other reason. I might try the same devices on different wifi first, just to see.

EDIT: It appears to be IP related, as the same devices log in fine on other wifi.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:21 pm

So strange. I restarted my router and was assigned a new IP address and it worked fine for the last two days. As of this morning, I'm back to "You_been_banned". I'm sure if I reset the router again it'll be fine but what a pain. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue which is keeping them off forums, or if it's just me?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:05 am

I've never had this issue, but sometimes I'll try to post through the mobile version of Chrome & I'll get an "Invalid Session" message. Logging out & in again doesn't seem to help, so I've just taken to using a different browser whenever I want to check the forums on mobile.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Interesting, I hadn't thought about the browser being the problem until you mentioned that. So I logged in using the Puffin browser, and everything is working perfectly.

So while I know the IP address is an issue as I can reset it and it will operate properly using the Safari Browser for a few days, now I know that it's related to the Safari browser under iOS and not exclusive the IP address itself. Very odd.

Even more perplexing is this doesn't appear to be the case on the Mac. Both Firefox or Chrome give the same "banned" screen. There is no Puffin browser for PCs. I'll have to download and try mobile versions of Chrome and Firefox to see if it's something special about Puffin, which may actually as I believe it operates as VPN which allows it to play some Flash content on iOS (and the reason I have it). In which case this makes the issue entirely IP related.

Just downloaded and checked using Chrome, and got "banned". So this problem is strictly an IP issue which Puffin bypasses by masking my IP and submitting its own.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:21 am

Interestingly, after the recent period where TAOM went offline, this problem fixed itself. We're there any significant changes to the server?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:51 am

Tum updated some things... it's a bit beyond me. ;)

BBP
Investigator

Help!

Post by BBP » Sun May 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Since the fix I keep getting "invalid session" errors when I try to post things... even when I tried to log out...

BBP
Investigator

Help phase 3

Post by BBP » Sun May 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Trying again in a different browser... de-blocking the cookies from Ajax.cloudflare.com didn't help much, so it seems...

BBP
Investigator

Post by BBP » Sun May 14, 2017 2:36 pm

OK, it took 3 times in this browser, kept getting the Invalid Session error, but it didn't log me out when it finally posted...

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sun May 14, 2017 6:38 pm

I've been having issues too where it takes several submissions before posting. I thought it might have just been me. I will have Tum look into it.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Mon May 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Glad to know its not just me. Safari browser doesn't work at all on my Mac. Firefox works sometimes, as does Chrome. Even Puffin doesn't work this time and it's a VPN. Safari does work after repeated attempts on my iPad.