Who Is The Thief? Card Game

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Who Is The Thief? Card Game

Post by Murder by Death » Fri May 14, 2010 2:51 pm

I used to love this card game as a kid ... wish I still had it. Did anyone else play it, or does anybody remember how it is played? It might be a little simple for adults, however entertained I was as a kid. Of course as an adult, I would replace "To steal the diamond" with "To murder Mr. Boddy/Dr. Black". ;-)

Available on eBay now

Last edited by Murder by Death on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Oakwood
Snoop

Post by Lord Oakwood » Wed May 19, 2010 11:11 am

The characters look as if they could waltz right into Boddy Manor.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed May 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Welcome to forums Lord Oakwood!!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:57 pm

I finally figured out this game. Now I'm going to have to get one. The idea is to turn it into a Cluedo game with a different set of Suspects and Witnesses, and a decidedly different motive -- To kill Dr. Black/Mr. Boddy.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/18040/who-thief

I'm thinking instead of pairs, I could do three or four cards: Suspect, weapon, room, witness. So the discard would go, 1) Col. mustard, was seen stealthily tiptoeing about the house at midnight, 2) carrying the candlestick, and went to the 3) Conservatory, because he wanted to, 4) ask the Gardner about the good old days.

Obviously it's an opportunity to write a number of clever scenarios around Clue characters, for endless entertaining combinations. I think if all the Clue characters were used, it would provide ample Suspects. Wintnesses would probably have to be expanded. Anyway, I loved this game as a kid. Even in its basic form, I think it would be a ton of fun again.

It appears as though either Hasbro or Mattel owns this game now, but neither appears to be doing anything with it.

WhatNowEh
Suspect

Post by WhatNowEh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:04 am

"1) Col. mustard, was seen stealthily tiptoeing about the house at midnight, 2) carrying the candlestick, and went to the 3) Conservatory, because he wanted to, 4) ask the Gardner about the good old days."

I agree. Lots of permutations ahead if the format was used as a game of Cluedo.