Cluedo: One Long Night - Interactive Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Enter the secret passage! But get Professor Plum to go first, just in case.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:21 pm

"After you, Professor." You utter as you dramatically gesture towards the passage entrance.

"I don't want to go in first! ...Eeeh, well, I guess..."

Plum cautiously enters the passage, and you follow him closely. It's not really much of a passageway - more of a small hallway. Heck, even hallway is unfair - it's more a tight, tiny, dark brook closed with a cramped, tiny set of stairs leading upwards as a very precarious angle. Since you and Mrs. White weren't made privy to this place, it's in terrible condition. The walls are lined with moss, and the whole place is damp and cold. God, is this room creepy!

Plum stops at the top of the stairwell. He bangs his hand against one of the walls a couple times, and it hinges open, revealing...

The entrance to the secret passage closes seamlessly behind you. Why, the passage lead into Mister Boddy's room! It-

Wait.

Oh my.

Oh dear.

There's no question - this is the rest of Mister Boddy's corpse.

>Look
>Search
>Step away from the body
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:02 pm

I got it, Mr. Boddy died from a shaving accident.

Seriously though, examine the fireplace.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 pm

You immediately notice that one of the fire tools missing. Sure enough, the fire shovel was used to jam the entrances shut. You remove it and put it in it's usual space, before noticing a glint from near the andiron.

This is very... extravegant. It looks nice and all, but it clearly isn't super expensive. It's plated in silver, and bears a number of rhinestones. Either Mister Boddy has both a big secret and questionable taste in jewelry, or someone dropped it here. You pocket it.

Aside from that, the only other thing of note is the mantle. It's carved with a whole bunch of weird engravings, including a small hole where his gun usually goes. You've thankfully managed to secure his gun, and are thankfully sure these are just decorative and not part of a puzzle involving putting billiard balls on a mantletop this time around, so you just leave it be.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Bathroom / Hall / Secret Passage)
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Check Boddy's hand, I think he is clutching something.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Rigor mortis has begun setting in, but not enough to prevent you from prying his hand open. He appears to be clutching... the palm of his hand? There's a very large bruise on his hand. What a bizarre place to hit someone!

Hello? It looks like it goes up his arm. You anxiously push his sleeve up... And once your suspicions are confirmed, you peel the rest of his coat back. There are bruises everywhere! He wasn't just half-аssedly clonked over the head, he was savagely beaten over and over again. There are bruises all over his arms, chest, back, legs... just like Miss Scarlet's body.

The brutality and the methods of murder... there's no question. The same person killed both Miss Scarlet and Mister Boddy.

You can make out a more definite shape on his body this time, or at least moreso than you could with just his head. You're looking for something like... A foot-long L-shaped object with protrusions on the ends. Something similar to a carpenter square, but with both sides being the same length.

>Look
>Search
>Step away from the body
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:44 am

Ask Plum if there are any Lead Pipes in the house. Then, search under Boddy's clothes and search for extra wounds and other objects.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:27 am

"You know if there are any lengths of pipe around here? Maybe made out of lead?"

"Oh my god... Huh?"

"You know, like for plumbing?"

"Don't you work here...?"

You don't respond.

"Eh... There were the pipes under the kitchen sink. Maybe there would be some in the downstairs bathroom...? Or the... Eeh... I can't think right now."

"Alright, now help me with his clothes. I'mma check for any more wounds."

After fumbling around with his clothes, you find that his body is devoid of pretty much any other wounds, so you take a closer look at his neck. It was clearly sawed through... Aha! There's a knife mark on the bed that lines up with his wound! He must have been decapitated right here!

By the look of the mark, you're looking for something around eleven inches long, with a slightly curved serated blade. You don't know what it may have been just yet, but it definitely wasn't the cleaver.

"Hold on a moment. If he was decapitated here, shouldn't there be more blood?"

Plum attempts to speak, but quickly shuts up. If he was decapitated here, then that means he must have lost all his blood in another room of the manor, and moved here later. But... why would someone kill a man, let him bleed out, move his corpse, and THEN remove his head?

>Look
>Search
>Step away from the body
>Other

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Search the fireplace

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:30 pm

The fireplace doesn't look like it was used recently. It's almost completely free of ash! You look at the tools, the mantle top, and even crawl inside to see if anything's been shoved up inside of it... but nothing. Just a snobby mantle and snobby fire tools.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:28 pm

Search the nightstand

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:05 am

There's not a lot in the drawers of the nightstand. There's an ancient bottle of cologne, a couple books of no note, a tin of mints; really, what you'd expect from some decrepit old guy.

No, what draws your attention is his journal. He must have written in it recently - He usually keeps it on the bookshelves, right? You'd say that it's bad to snoop, but- well, you'd never say it's bad to snoop. You immediately open that mess up and start looking for better passages. A couple from a while ago catch your attention

^w^...I get the feeling Rosemary doesn't care for me anymore. Ever since our marriage, she's grown more and more distant. Does she not love me anymore? I'm a romantic man, dаmnit! If she won't love me, I'll have to find someone else... ...

You flip through the pages.

^w^...I found a woman who loves me. She's a gorgeous japanese girl. Miss Leona is beautiful, lovely, everything I could want in a woman. She shares my interests. The same movies and the same kinds of pictures. I thought Rosemary was fine, but to meet a woman who shares so many of my interests... I may stay with Rosemary for a while. Our relationship is beneficial for the both of us financially. Maybe I'll wait a while before... ...

The passage abruptly cuts off. You decide to skip all this and go to the most recent entry.

^w^...Leona is marrying my son? I can't allow it. Poor Forrest says he can't lose the one person he loves, but I love Leona too much. I've never met a woman with interests so congruent to my own. I can cheat on my wife, but not with my step daughter. I won't allow it. I can't allow it. Not after giving her that necklace... She doesn't deserve my fortune! I'll stop this marriage somehow... ...

That's the end of the passage. If this is all true, there's no doubt about it. Green and Scarlet also had plenty of reason to murder Mister Boddy.

You notice a random string of letters and numbers on the inside cover - "ROSEMARY / P4V3_F35T1V4L". You have literally no idea what that might mean.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Try to de-barricade the door.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:45 pm

You've already moved the poker that was used to jam the doors shut. You can use the doors as much as you'd like now.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:33 am

Well, tell your findings to Plum, then go to the Bathroom.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:16 pm

"Check it. Boddy's whole affair was with Scarlet."

"Miss Leona...?"

"Yeah, and look at this! 'I'll stop this marriage somehow.' Boddy could've meant to bump someone off to stop this thing! Scarlet and the lizard could've done this, too!"

"So that means you, me, Grey, Peach, and Mustard didn't do this...?"

"Uh, maybe? Can't prove a negative and all."

He lets out a sigh. "We'll never get this solved...!"

You don't wanna put up with his pouting any more. Satisfied with your investigations, you walk into the bathroom.

"Miss Rosa!" She slams a cabinet shut at the speed of light.

"Y-Y-You were in his bedroom?" They don't seem angry or scared - more surprised than anything.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Winter Bedroom / Autumn Bedroom)
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Break the news to them that Scarlet and Boddy were having an affair.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:50 pm

You can barely stop yourself from making one very smarmy grin. "So, guess who Scarlet may have been having an affair with...!"

"It was not my husband, I can tell you that for certain."

"T-t-t-t-they weren't h-having an a-a-a- dalliance!"

Neither of them is a particularly good actor. The two of you glare at them. Mrs. Peacock lets out a very drawn out sigh.

"This evening is just getting worse and worse."

"Whaddya mean?"

"My husband is dead, Miss Chiffon."

You move in to interject.

"And THEN! I think that my husband's gift was a thoughtfelt pleasantry, but Leona's necklace was a gift from that- that- that TART of a man! Then she dies, no surprise there, and I can't even relax! Were you tampering with my relaxation lounge?! All the candles were shifted around! You KNOW I like to keep them organized! Why is the fountain not working, Rosa?! And now that Grey's using my laptop, I can't play any relaxing music! Good GOD!"

"Uh-"

"DON'T YOU EVER interrupt me again! I have had it up to here with- with- with your ATTITUDE! Green, get rid of this THING for me!"

Mrs. P slams that ballerina figurine into Green's hands, before storming into her own bedroom. Green can barely keep up with her stomping.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:04 am

Search the cabinet.
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:51 pm

The cabinet, to your unending surprise, contains...!

...some bathing salts, fancy perfumes, a baggie of potpourri, and a bunch of yet unused scented candles. Your nostrils have an entire dramatic death scene trying to survive such an onslaught. Aside from that, there's a large box with a random mishmash of cosmetics, some spare bottles of body wash and such, and that weird cream stuff she uses for her migraines. Essentially, a lot of useless things that serve many useless purposes.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other