logo
Homepage Forums Clue Games Cluedo Games Stage & Screen Gaming Puzzle Series In Print Miscellaneous Links & Information
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Target - Discover The Secrets SALE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Target - Discover The Secrets SALE Reply with quote

Discover the Secrets is currently on a clearance sale at Target for $13!

It sells for $17 on Amazon and $18 @ Toys R Us, and usually sells for $19 at Target.

Could this mean that we're about to see a refresh of the game for the holiday season? Maybe Hasbro has learned the error of their ways? ... Naw!

On a related note, Toys R Us is selling Secrets In Paris for $13. If you don't have it, now is the time to get it. Even if you're not a fan of the reinvention, I think this is one edition worth having. As long as you ignore the ridiculous premise, and just play as if one of the students murdered their teacher (you can just imagine the delicious reasons why), then this is one of the better designed editions. The artwork is beautiful and the detailing and quality of the componets is above average. Far more satisfying than the standard edition or any of the licensed variants.
cacums
Ringer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure none of us would buy it for $0.25
Mastermind

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand to look at the Secrets in Paris game in stores because I WAY overpaid for it. It was when it was just released. I paid some crazy amount like $50 for it at the Times Square Toys R Us under the assumption that there was something special about the game.
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as much as I hate DTS, I would buy it for .25 cents just to complete my collection.

And Michael, I feel your pain. While I stand by my appraisal of Secrets In Paris, it is certainly not worth what they were charging for it, nor are any of the special editions that have come out in the last two years.

I can't help but feel they are liquidating stock on Secrets in Paris before the holiday season, either because a new special edition is coming, or it isn't selling well.

But the Target sale is surprising. Could it just be a Summer sale to move games at a slow time, or are they also trying to clear out old product in anticipation of new product for Christmas? It's too soon to update Discover the Secrets, isn't it? Unless it really tanked ...

I mean "Secrets and Spies" had a similar drop a couple of months ago, but that was clearly marked as "clearance" and has obviously been discontinued.
WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ugly game is worth less than that!!
Giselle Bertha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I do not know, but still want to help you bright stickers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheArtofMurder.com Clue / Cluedo Discussion - Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: