Clue Movie Soundtrack Released!

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

MBD

Post by Lord Caspen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:07 am

MBD,

Thank you very much! I knew I had seen it somewhere around here, but I couldn't for the life of me seem to find it again. I just had forgotten (and had ruled out) that it had been inside a magazine. I guess I had just thought the pictures had been bigger. I seem to remember somehow being able to look into Martin Mull's eyes, but that may just be wishful thinking.

Thank you again :D
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 pm

I was looking through the presskits. I would NEVER have thought to look in the magazines.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 am

Hooray! My copy's arrived! :D Listening to it now, I hear a lot of little subtleties in the music that didn't actually stand out in the actual film. Very intricate soundtrack!
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:43 am

Congrats. I'm afraid I couldn't persuade my parents. On the bright side, I managed to find some insanely elusive Golden Age mysteries.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

No way!

Post by Lord Caspen » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:56 am

go_leafs,
go_leafs_nation wrote:Congrats. I'm afraid I couldn't persuade my parents. On the bright side, I managed to find some insanely elusive Golden Age mysteries.
Do tell! The damnable thing about those old books is I don't even usually know their titles or authors, just that they're out there and hard to find. What are some of the white whales in your collection?

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:18 am

The End Titles sound like something out of a pinball game - you think it'd work on a pinball cab?
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Re: No way!

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:58 am

Lord Caspen wrote:go_leafs,
go_leafs_nation wrote:Congrats. I'm afraid I couldn't persuade my parents. On the bright side, I managed to find some insanely elusive Golden Age mysteries.
Do tell! The damnable thing about those old books is I don't even usually know their titles or authors, just that they're out there and hard to find. What are some of the white whales in your collection?
I'm actually thinking of reviewing my many mysteries via online videos, so I might be able to physically show them off sometime. I have some minor treasures, including a first edition paperback of Clayton Rawson's The Footprints on the Ceiling (which is a big step down from his masterpiece, Death From a Top Hat, but still enjoyable). I've got a bunch of cool Pocket Books from the 1940s with really elaborate covers, ranging from Ellery Queen's The Egyptian Cross Mystery to John Dickson Carr's Nine- And Death Makes Ten. Some pain-in-the-butt ones to find that I managed to get include Rex Stout's The Black Mountain(that was a great find- the cheapest copies I found online were $13, and the ones I found in a certain store were $24, but I managed to get it for $3), Anthony Boucher's Nine Times Nine, Darwin Teilhet's The Talking Sparrow Murders (Teilhet set it in Nazi Germany, and it apparently includes powerful insight, years before the Nazis became a "popular" topic for social commentary-- he was one of the first to notice that they were ruining a country he loved), Kelly Roos' The Frightened Stiff, and a few by a hilarious comic mystery author, Craig Rice (who had a tragic life and died rather young).

But the book I'm proudest of is a first edition of John Dickson Carr's (writing as Carter Dickson) Fear is the Same-- and some soul had the insight to preserve the dustjacket. That was a steal-- and it took me almost 3 years of hunting to track a good copy down! I got it really cheap, too; $5, I think, compared to the $25 a reprint from 2000 is going for on AbeBooks (with shipping).

All I have to do now is find Devil Kinsmere by Carr-- but that's a book that can sell for thousands on auctions! I don't want to collect these books- I want to read them. Unfortunately, they're usually rare by definition.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:49 pm

John Morris has passed away at 91.

Mr_Scarlett
Snoop

Post by Mr_Scarlett » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Murder by Death wrote:John Morris has passed away at 91.
Very sorry to hear this! The music, in particular the main credits, are such an important part of my favorite movie ever! I will listen to the soundtrack again in his honor. RIP Sir.
GRRRRRRRRREAT! We'll ALL go to the chair!

TheButlerButInnocent
Spy

Post by TheButlerButInnocent » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:50 pm

Did anyone on here manage to snag a copy of the soundtrack when Mondo released it on vinyl about two years ago? There is a small resale market for copies, and I am wondering if the quality -- vinyl and sleeve -- justify the markup.