Tear Jerkers

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Tear Jerkers

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:11 pm

We might have our share of movie moments that frighten us, or moments that are too harsh for us to watch. And then there are these, the kind that evoke a few tears out of you. What are some of your personal tear jerkers in any fictional medium?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Terry Fawles from Trials and Tribulations killing himself because the betrayed the girlfriend who used and betrayed him, the spirit of the caption in Interstella 5555 saluting the main cast before disappearing into nothingness, Claire going back in time in The Unwound Future...
The list goes on and on.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:28 pm

There are several very sad moments in CINEMA PARADISO, and I always cry at the endings of THE PIANIST, SCHINDLER'S LIST, and especially LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. I also shamelessly sob at that moment in THE FOX AND THE HOUND where Todd is abandoned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7wWx6jZzCM
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Disney has a way of getting to me, particularly Pixar. I'm really not a crier, but I cried within the first ten minutes of Up, and of course during Toy Story 3 when they're all close to dying and Jessie asks Buzz "What do we do?" When he just holds out his hand, I started bawling. To see these toys, these characters I watched as a kid hold hands and accept death was a bit much. That being said both sequences are brilliant.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Agreed 100%
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?